Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Master Builder Events

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Master Builder Events

Postby Emperor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:40 am

Hello there,

I was recently informed of a LEGO master builder event coming to my local lego store, and I am wondering if/how you need to sign up, what the work will entail, and if it is worth it or not. The description says that it's going to be an 8 foot tall R2 D2 :)

So anyone who has been to one of these events please let me know what it's like :)
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Re: Master Builder Events

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 am

(EDIT-) Guess I completely misread your post-- didn't realize you were asking to help. Sorry! :x

m19
Last edited by Morgan19 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morgan19

Postby plums_deify » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Hey!

If you wanna help out (which we'd LOVE), call up the store and ask for Neil or Gina. They'll get what days you can work (Fri-Sun) and approximate times.

Historically, we help the kids and dismantle the bricks throughout the day so the event lasts long enough, and then help take down the model at the end of day Sunday. This time around, we'll be fed, too!

Usually we get a T-shirt and a discount at the store for the day we work.

This is, of course, if you want to volunteer to help with the kids. If you just want to build? Show up any time that weekend and just...build. Really. But there will be LOTS of kids.
plums_deify

Postby Emperor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:03 pm

It's at the Bellevue Washington Lego store, and I'll give them a call as soon as I can XD
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Return to General LEGO Discussions