Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2010 Building Tournament

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2010 Building Tournament

Postby FlameX » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 pm

It is a new Kingdoms set. Its called the "Knights Showdown" and its set number is 7950.
"Theres always a bigger fish."
FlameX

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Those are official parts if you got them in a set.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby FlameX » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Oh ok, thank you for the answers! Now its time to build the ship!
"Theres always a bigger fish."
FlameX

Postby mdilthey » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 am

I'm new to the website and old to the hobby. Alright if I enter the contest within all the guidelines, or am I ineligible?

I can't tell if the crossed out line in the rules is because I don't meet it, or if that particular rule has been revoked. I've read through all 6 pages and can't find this spelled out. Sorry!

Looking forward to voting, regardless ^_^
mdilthey

Postby turtle » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 am

If we build a model that fits within the 48x48x48 size limits, but we want to hinge part of the model so that the interior can be seen, does the model have to fit within the 48x48x48 size restriction when hinged portions are open? Or if we make a portion of the ship removeable for the same reason, how do we measure the size of the model? Do we measure it when the ship is "closed" and viewed as it's meant to look from the outside as fully assembled? -or- Do we measure it as the largest space it occupies when open to reveil the interior?
turtle

Postby onions » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:28 am

mdilthey wrote:I'm new to the website and old to the hobby. Alright if I enter the contest within all the guidelines, or am I ineligible?

I can't tell if the crossed out line in the rules is because I don't meet it, or if that particular rule has been revoked. I've read through all 6 pages and can't find this spelled out. Sorry!

Looking forward to voting, regardless ^_^

Everyone is eligible regardless of when their join date is.

turtle wrote:If we build a model that fits within the 48x48x48 size limits, but we want to hinge part of the model so that the interior can be seen, does the model have to fit within the 48x48x48 size restriction when hinged portions are open? Or if we make a portion of the ship removeable for the same reason, how do we measure the size of the model? Do we measure it when the ship is "closed" and viewed as it's meant to look from the outside as fully assembled? -or- Do we measure it as the largest space it occupies when open to reveil the interior?

the size restriction is only for when the ship is in normal operations mode (flight, landed, etc). if you have it hinged to display the interior and it exceeds the dimensions that's okay. if a part of the ship is removable for display purposes, that's fine too. basically, "closed" as it's meant to look fully assembled.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 am

@Gerald: please reformat your post and use bbcode to embed images and links. if you're unfamiliar with bbcode, there is a help guide.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gerald » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 pm

"Compactor" is a rusty old ship, but it's engine is as reliable as they come. It's pilot, "Gleck" isn't the most well known bounty hunter. but he works for a low price, so you can always turn to him when all else fails.

I haven't built lego in a while, so this was a good way to get my creative juices flowing again.

Here's my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24699874@N ... 780443433/
Last edited by Gerald on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald

Postby Infomaniac » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:30 pm

The Carpenter Ant

The preferred ship of the bounty hunter "The Carpenter" based on the real life insect. The craft is armed with 2 dual repeating blasters (mid. legs), 2 heavy blaster canons (front legs), 1 concealed ion cannon (head, between jaws) and 2 concealed concussion launch tubes (head, eyes).

The interior has 1 large prison cage, in order to transport larger catches. The cages themselves take up 1/2 of the interior space. You can also see the pilot's seat and controls.

"The Carpenter" bounty hunter flies The Carpenter Ant, although he does have many other insect themed ships in his garage.

"The Carpenter" is an imperial washout. He was tossed out after an experiment involving Killik (insect) DNA went horribly wrong. Armed with a pulse rifle, and super strong prosthetic arm he is ready to settle some old scores. >:)

Link To Set http://www.flickr.com/photos/-infomaniac-/sets/72157624335345161/with/4777671401/

Good luck to everyone in the contest :)
Last edited by Infomaniac on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infomaniac

Postby legosniper » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 pm

[img]photo1[/img]
[img]photo2[/img]

this is my bounty hunter and ship my flickr srceen name is lego bounty hunter for ather pics.
legosniper

Postby Brickfoot7 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Feralcom wrote:Her ship,Crimson Valkyrie, is her own design.

How long is your ship.
Brickfoot7

Postby Solo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 pm

legosniper, your post didn't work at all...
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 pm

gerald, there is no link to your flickr stream.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:00 pm

EVERYONE,

please note that I've updated the rules slightly:

To enter, reply to this thread and in your post embed three pictures: one of just your bounty hunter; one of just your ship; and one showing the prisoner compartment of your ship. Please use the flickr urls for your images, and include link to your flickr account or flickr set of your entry. You may include a brief description of your bounty hunter including name, name of ship, and origin. Keep it BRIEF, no short stories.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby nikro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:38 am

Tournament is open to all registered users of this forum before June 30, 2010 regardless of geographic location.

is it true? i wanted to participate but i registred on this forum only today - am i late?
i've just finished my ship today and i was going to post but i reread the rules and became wery sad... :(

(sorry for my english - i'am русский)
nikro

The Phantom Viper

Postby BrickBurninator » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 am

Bounty hunter Jade Kal'aan is from Coruscant. She is very reliable and very efficient...for the right price.

Her personal ship, the Phantom Viper, can carry a bounty or other cargo in the rear.

Phantom Viper Flickr set
BrickBurninator

Postby onions » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:01 am

nikro wrote:
Tournament is open to all registered users of this forum before June 30, 2010 regardless of geographic location.

is it true? i wanted to participate but i registred on this forum only today - am i late?
i've just finished my ship today and i was going to post but i reread the rules and became wery sad... :(

(sorry for my english - i'am русский)

sorry that was my bad. you ARE able to participate.

i had edited the original post to make it more board friendly but by doing that it erased all the formatting. i forgot i put a strikethrough on that rule. i fixed it now and just deleted the whole line.

sorry for the foncusion.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby nikro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 pm

The provenance of the bounty hunter Ridgee Vo’lk is unknown. He is supposed to be human from Coruscant but nobody saw his face without mask. He uses a KX-80 blaster rifle and CR-2 blaster.

Doganee – the Ridgee Vo’lk’s starship is an early prototype of the Firespray-class interceptor designed by Kuat Systems Engineering. As distinct from the older Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft Doganee isn’t a transport ship – it’s smaller and faster due to its two powerful engines. The ship has a single holding cell.

Doganee has less armament (only two blaster cannons and two rapid firing laser cannons) than the most famous Firespray-class starfighter – Boba Fett’s Slave 1, but it’s faster and more manoeuvrable.

More views (included back view with original engines system):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chetna_dell/sets/72157624471738280/with/4783377963/
nikro

Postby Feralcom » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Brickfoot7 wrote:
Feralcom wrote:Her ship,Crimson Valkyrie, is her own design.

How long is your ship.

Edit

After some other components were pointed out, I have made an error and my build is 49.5 studs long. It could be easily corrected, but that would be breaking the rules as well. I wish to retract my entry due to failing to keep within the rules.

I still had a blast building it and I again thank the contest sponsors.

Good look to all...and I will see you next contest.
Last edited by Feralcom on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feralcom

Postby Brickfoot7 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I Checked mine yesterday and figured out it was 58 wide so I Remodeled the whole ship.
Brickfoot7

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds