Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Postby zaskar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Found some clearance items at Target in Central New York

8198 - Ramp Crash $10.48
8199 - Security Smash $10.48
7641 - City Corner $41.38

Also a bunch of small Duplo sets at 50% off.

Stopped at Wal-Mart as well and it looked like they started separating a bunch of older
sets into a different part of the aisle. Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Space Police.
Seemed odd that they were all grouped together away from the other LEGO.

Might be on clearance soon?

Does anyone remember when the Wal-Mart clearance started this time last year?
zaskar

Re: [USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Postby monophoton » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Phoenix Walmart had Hyena Bomber at $9 but that was it for clearance.
monophoton

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:08 pm

The Hyena Bomber is a great buy for $9.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby ILikePi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 pm

zaskar wrote:Does anyone remember when the Wal-Mart clearance started this time last year?
I believe clearances for both stores started in late July to early August. Can't wait to see what's in store this year! :)
ILikePi

Target clearance

Postby Vegaxe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Target seems to be clearing space for new lego inventory (Kingdom sets and World racers). About half of the old sets are priced at clearance, which seems to be 33% off. This includes Star Wars... I was able to pick up a Venekor ($83) and Pirate Tank ($27). I went to two Targets and both seems to be having similar clearances. Other clearance themes I saw were power miners, Indiana Jones, City, Ben 10, and Bionical. This was in Richmond, VA.
Vegaxe

Re: Target clearance

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 pm

All Ben10, Space Police, Power Miners, IJ, Prince Of Persia and Bionical were about 33% at my local target in Olathe, KS. No Star Wars left that would be up for clearance.

I didn't feel the need to pick anything up, usually I snap up the clearance sets. Maybe when they start hitting 50 or 75%.

On a side note, did anyone, anywhere buy any Ben10 sets? I don't think I've seen a single one of them move off the shelf at any of my local stops, and I know they aren't that quick about restocking.
MisterFubar

Postby darthsantkuyl » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 am

there at the one I work at too. its all going to be different because we have a discontinued Item and then if there is too much or too little of a product instock it will go clearance. It was pretty amazing a year ago I say a set for 85% off. so you never know but they are legoes so the'll go fast.
I lost my glasses and all I got was this lousy Megablok
darthsantkuyl

Postby possum » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:12 am

MisterFubar wrote:On a side note, did anyone, anywhere buy any Ben10 sets? I don't think I've seen a single one of them move off the shelf at any of my local stops, and I know they aren't that quick about restocking.

My fiance's nephew got the set for his birthday in the spring. He & his friends put them all together. They're cool LEGO I guess if you like Ben10...which I know nothing about.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

Postby mrfootball » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Mine had the Lego Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Escape set for $62.99.
mrfootball

Postby Alpha 40 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:55 am

Ohhh, that is really good news for me because i still need that and Fighter Plane Attack to complete my Indiana Jones collection. Even better news since it is sold out almost everywhere.
Alpha 40

Postby ufjason » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:15 am

They just had the fighter plane on lego's site for 35 on clearance. It may come back so keep an eye out.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby doodlebird » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:57 am

south Austin tx walmart has the agents 2.0 aerial defense for $54, down from $80. boxes are a bit shelf-worn. who knows how long these have been sitting deep in the back of the stockroom??
doodlebird

Postby thepatient » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Went to Target today and got the 7753 Pirate Tank on clearence ($27.98), the 7748 Corprate Alliance Tank Droid was on clearence ($17.98), and the 8037 Y-wing was also on clearance, (now I can't remember the price).

Time to check out your local Target people.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby The Brain » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am

How does one determine whether an item is on clearance? I stopped by a Target today and checked out the LEGO selection--none of the sets were marked with anything indicating a clearance, and they were not found in the clearance-designated section at the end of the aisle. They had the tank droid (amongst other things), but it was at its normal price--is this just a local store anomaly, where the sets haven't hit clearance yet? Or is there some other way to determine a clearance item?
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby onions » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 am

they'll usually be placed either at the end caps marked "clearance" or will have a clearance price sticker on them. sometimes though, they won't have the sticker, and you'll have to scan them to get the price.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby solo606 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:54 am

the couple Target stores I have been to recently that have clearance lego have been in the Lego aisle and a little red clearance tag on the shelf, although we had to scan the set to see the price.
solo606

Postby thepatient » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:59 am

Stores may vary, but the Target i visit will have a red label on the shelf and a red clearance sticker on the box. Scanning an item is good idea as onions suggested. The items at the store here were not on the end cap, but mixed in with the regular priced items. Hope that helps.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Tyrant » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:25 am

It does seem to vary by store. I went to 3 in the same general area (all within about 45 miles of each other) and only one had any sets on clearance (Pirate Tank, which I bought, Star Destroyer, Temple of Doom, which I should've bought, etc). One of the other 2 did have a clearance tag or two (oddly enough, covering the price tag for the Toy Story Army Men set, though there were none for me to price check to varify) but nothing like the first one.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby The Brain » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 am

See, every Target I've ever been to has never had red clearance stickers or different price tags from the usual Target price unless there's been an advertised sale. I've also never seen any LEGO in the clearance sections at the end of the aisles. I guess scanning them would be the best idea--I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a price scanner next time. Thanks all.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby onions » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 am

its also dependent on the store as not all stores follow the same discount schedule
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Finds/Deals