Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2010 Building Tournament

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2010 Building Tournament

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 am

Joedward wrote:A pre-emptive apology if this is a dumb question, but would it be considered cheating to make a ship that was longer than 48 studs, if it fit inside the baseplate limitations diagonally?

I don't know, but I think they would say no. They've already said that "48 studs is large enough" and I think they might not deal with any longer.

Also, can we post a WIP on other websites for feedback/suggestions?
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Solo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Joedward wrote:A pre-emptive apology if this is a dumb question, but would it be considered cheating to make a ship that was longer than 48 studs, if it fit inside the baseplate limitations diagonally?
It's not cheating, it's just not allowed.

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:can we post a WIP on other websites for feedback/suggestions?
Absolutely. You can post it here in the MOC Showcase forum seeking wip tips as well - just don't post it in the entry thread until it's complete. We are not allowing you to change your model once it has been submitted.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:04 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:
So, you can't have a speeder come out of a larger ship like Count Dooku's Solar Sailer?

this is an interesting question and i should clarify it a bit. in your example, if you're asking if the speeder coming out of the solar sailer would be allowed as your entry, then no, as your picture would have two ships or vehicles: the speeder and the solar sailer.

but let's say your moc has an escape pod, or a speeder like darth maul's sith infiltrator which is a ship and has a speeder bike in it, then that is okay. HOWEVER, your entry must be of only the ship. not the ship + the speeder. the pic of your minifig can only be the minifig and any accessories, not minifig + speeder.

your question was worded a bit ambiguously so i hope we've addressed all possible angles.

does that make sense?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby banthafodder » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:56 pm

So if our MOC entry showed only the single ship but a linked flicker account showed the speeder coming out, that would be okay?
banthafodder

Postby onions » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm

sure.

but real bounty hunters don't need no speeders.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 am

^But no one said that my bounty hunter had to be quick or particularly adept at what he did.
banthafodder

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 am

Are we allowed to build a landing platform?
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby onions » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 am

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Are we allowed to build a landing platform?

come on man, not hard to read the rules: one bounty hunter, one ship, that's it.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Mkay, I'm done asking questions.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Chief » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Chief

Postby hye » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 am

You, yes you, that guy there, that guy who didn’t join before June 30th. YOU are now eligible to enter our MOC Madness 2010 contest!!!

So now I'm obliged to build something, eh?
hye

Postby pastormacman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 am

Well here we go. It looks like I'll be the first to enter.

My 9 year old son and I worked on this most of the day on Monday. I created the ship and he created the minifig.
The ship is called the Omnivalence which loosely translates to "all-seeing" It is in reference to the fact that its guns can "see" in all directions and there is no blind spot. The bountyhunter's name is Lash. He carries several edged weapons and a couple of hidden small blasters but his weapon of choice is a lightning emiter which simulates force lightning. It is a perfect bountyhunter weapon for subduing any quarry be it humanoid, droid or animal. He wears a white skull mask to hide his identity. His suit is lined with batteries which power the emitter. His suit recharges in the cockpit of the Omnivalence. The ship was modified with ball turrets left over from old republic assault ships and the massive engines are "borrowed" from an old republic cruiser and provide more than adequate thrust for the relatively small vessel.

You can see more of the ship here.
Last edited by pastormacman on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
pastormacman

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 am

Also, everyone:

Please use the flickr image urls when you embed your photos.

I'm not going to go into the process used but it's imperative to my sanity that the images posted here are the exact ones in your flickr stream so I can check the tags and harvest the thumbnails efficiently. This will also ensure that no one can change their entry after it has been submitted without everyone knowing about it.

pastormacman, would you mind swapping those out in your post above?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby that guy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

Nevermind..I wrote something, I can't delete it, so I'm writing this instead. Blah blah blah. Nuf said....
Last edited by that guy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
that guy

Postby eye m. awesome » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

Does the bounty have to be original too? And if I turn 13 on August 26, can I enter after that?
eye m. awesome

Postby onions » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 pm

eye m. awesome wrote:Does the bounty have to be original too? And if I turn 13 on August 26, can I enter after that?

no and you're not allowed on the forums. your account has been disabled.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby pastormacman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Ok, I changed the links, I hope I did it right.

Quick question...
Can I go into my flickr account and add notes to the photos or is that considered altering the photos?
pastormacman

Postby onions » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:14 pm

adding notes is fine. also, make sure you submit it to the pool.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Feralcom » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:57 am

Entry retracted due to failure to keep within the rules.

My apologies to the staff and other contestants.

Good luck to you all.
Last edited by Feralcom on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feralcom

Postby vynsane » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:27 am

Impressive entries, both, so far.

Feralcom wrote:Her ship,Crimson Valkyrie, is her own design.

It's actually very reminiscent of a (heavily modified) Z-95 Headhunter, precursor to the X-wing, which makes it all the more authentic in-universe.

The 'Omnivalence' looks inspired by the Y-wing fighter, so both have a strong root in the SW aesthetic. Nice job! I wish I had the time and money to enter, but I just completed an expensive MOC and couldn't possibly burden my wife with another build. Luckily that one qualifies for the Eurobricks LDD Design Contest, so there's that! I look forward to the rest of the entries.

EDIT: just a quick note - Flickr's policy requires that whenever you embed an image you also need to link the image to the original picture page. Just FYI.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds