Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Question regarding TLG catalogs...

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Question regarding TLG catalogs...

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 pm

So, I've recieved lego product catalogs for years now, and they're just completely awesome. They allow me to see in detail many of the sets TLG produces. Also, the catalogs are my main source of purchasing sets...I don't mind the shipping and handling too much. But I have a question regarding the release of the various catalogs throughout the year. It seems the catalogs vary among the various seasons throughout the year. Over the past months, we've had ones released Fall 2008, Holiday 2008, and January 2009. However, over the last few years there have been differences in the amount of catalogs released. Example: I remember TLG sending out smaller catalogs to fill in the gaps between the main ones. So, my question is this: How does TLG decide when to release catalogs, and why has there been a slight difference in the quantity released over the years? Not a huge difference in quantity, but enough to make me notice. Mainly because I've been waiting for one since January 2009. Thanks if you have an answer for my question Steve :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Re: Question regarding TLG catalogs...

Postby Draykov » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:26 pm

The January 2009 Shop@Home catalog was the last one to be released that I know of (that's the latest one currently available online). Next in line should be Spring. possibly followed by Late Spring, Summer, Fall and then Holiday. That's been pretty much the standard release pattern, with a few exceptions here and there, since 2001 at least. In 2005, Late Spring was substituted with "Special Edition" which featured Revenge of the Sith sets. In my experience, the main variation has been holiday catalogs. I've seen years where we get one holiday catalog and others where we get Holiday, November and December catalogs.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Chief » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:52 pm

I think I even got a Late Holiday catalog late last year.
Chief

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Chief wrote:I think I even got a Late Holiday catalog late last year.

Yep, I recall that one too. But does anyone else remember the two (I think that's the number) smaller catalogs TLG sent out that had the front cover you had to kinda peel off to open?
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Draykov » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:22 pm

BigBenKenobi wrote:But does anyone else remember the two (I think that's the number) smaller catalogs TLG sent out that had the front cover you had to kinda peel off to open?

I think you might be referring to early and late Spring 2008. Early Spring had the Green Grocer set along with some other town themed stuff on the front cover, and some Castle on the back. Late Spring had Indy on the front and SW on the back.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby brownie69yov4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 am

Hey guys I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I didn't want to start a new one

I saw that there is in fact a summer '10 catalog with the new space shuttle on the cover, has every one gotten this catalog? I still get the magazine but haven't gotten a catalog in over a year. I even reapplied for the lego club, and like I said, I get the magazine but no catalog... any ideas?

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 am

I haven't gotten this one yet, either, even though I HAVE been getting catalogs. I expect it just hasn't hit my mailbox yet. But if you haven't gotten any in a year, I assume there is something else going on.
Mister Ed

Postby Erahtapivar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:40 am

I got mine in the mail on Saturday.
I'ts weird how you haven't recieved a catalog in such a long time.
"Reality continues to ruin my life."--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"College or Bust!" at http://www.odddoodles.webs.com!
Erahtapivar

Postby Draykov » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 am

brownie69yov4 wrote:Hey guys I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I didn't want to start a new one

Despite the negative connotations of the oft used expression "necrobumping," if you resurrect an older thread with purpose and you're actually posing a legitimate question or adding meaningfully to the conversation, you're doing the right thing.

As for the Summer 2010 catalog, no I haven't received one yet and I've been getting the seasonal ones regularly. They used to include the most current catalog with Shop@Home order shipments, but apparently they've gotten away from that. If you've ever placed an order at Shop@Home though, and you haven't had a change of address recently, I'd say you should be getting it soon. There is always the Request Catalog option if you want to play it safe. The new one is available online as well.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby brownie69yov4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 am

Hey Draykov I appreciate the feedback,

Apparently someone at Lego heard my little situation and sent me one out last night :lol: I received my first catalog in a while, this afternoon. Weird timing, but I am just happy I go it. Thanks

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby Draykov » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Found mine in the mail when I got home as well. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Gumby » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:02 am

Is it just me, or is the catalog not available for viewing online anymore?

Edit: Actually, it's because my country is set to Canada. It works for USA at least.
Gumby

Return to Ask LEGO