Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

White Boba Fett, Product Book, Chrome Stormtrooper News

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: White Boba Fett, Product Book, Chrome Stormtrooper News

Postby csiquet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 am

It looks like the White Boba Fett is now a giveaway !!!
See its review on the Eurobricks forum.
csiquet

Postby vynsane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:02 am

According to that review it's a give-away in conjunction with a purchase of the new Slave 1 at one Swedish store affiliated with the LEGO Group. Not definitive proof that it's going to always be a give-away, but it's a start.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby legomatt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:56 am

Having looked at the comparison photos in that site review, I reeeeeeeaally wish they'd added Cloud City style print to the arms and legs of the soon-to-be released latest Fett, to make him the ultimate Fett. After all, they've clearly gone to a lot of effort to make him a 'near' perfect fett, those little details would go some way to removing the word 'near'.
legomatt

Postby schlectus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:04 am

If the same deal ends up applying to the States (free albino Fett with Slave 1 purchase), then I'm in. I think that minifig finally makes the $80 price point worth it to me.
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby vynsane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:54 am

legomatt wrote:Having looked at the comparison photos in that site review, I reeeeeeeaally wish they'd added Cloud City style print to the arms and legs of the soon-to-be released latest Fett, to make him the ultimate Fett. After all, they've clearly gone to a lot of effort to make him a 'near' perfect fett, those little details would go some way to removing the word 'near'.

They don't need to do that, though, because you could piece it together yourself if you wanted. That's kinda the entire point of LEGO - they'll sell you an item that's a good representation of a TIE Fighter, for instance, but if you wanted to make it even more accurate, you can do so by buying more pieces or using them from your existing collection!

vynsane

Postby legomatt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 am

Yes, but I don't have the cloud city fett... which kinda' makes that a non-starter for me, plus if i did have one (or bought one second hand) I wouldn't dream of pulling his arms off, cos' i'd be down one CC fett. Incidentally, is it just me, or am i alone in thinking it feels wrong (no problem with others doing it) to pull arms off a lego person? I've never done it, ever.

For me, (just my own personal feeling here, i have no issue with what other people do) the arms of a lego minifig aren't really supposed to come off, for me it's just a movable joint. Of course, I know they can come off if you pull them off, but its just not for me, it would feel too much like i'm breaking and fixing it again. It doesn't feel 'designed' or 'intended' to come off.
legomatt

Postby vynsane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:56 am

legomatt wrote:Incidentally, is it just me, or am i alone in thinking it feels wrong (no problem with others doing it) to pull arms off a lego person? I've never done it, ever.

For me, (just my own personal feeling here, i have no issue with what other people do) the arms of a lego minifig aren't really supposed to come off, for me it's just a movable joint. Of course, I know they can come off if you pull them off, but its just not for me, it would feel too much like i'm breaking and fixing it again. It doesn't feel 'designed' or 'intended' to come off.

You're probably not alone, but I'd wager you're in the minority - I've seen people use all sorts of pieces of minifigs in MOCS (the hands, especially, as guns on microspace ships and the like). A lot of sellers on Bricklink sell just torsos with no arms, and the torso w/arms and hands is considered an 'upper body assembly'. They're too easy to pull off and put back on to not be intended to be used that way. That's what LEGO is all about: Interchangeability. To most I would think swapping out arms and legs is the same as swapping a head or helmet. While I like to keep my figures intact for the most part, if I want to build a custom figure I don't think twice about swapping out the arms or legs.

vynsane

Postby The Brain » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm with legomatt. Not that I've never done it or frown upon it, but to me yanking out the actual arms seems like a fragile thing to do. There's that circular bump on the inside that I've observed to be larger than the hole for the arm, so it never seems like an easily interchanged element of the minifig, unlike the hands, head, or legs.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby preterosso » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 am

I find that if you remove the hand first, then slight outward pressure pops the arms out with no problems, and no threat of cracking -- apparently leaving the hand in puts too much stress on the "wrist" and encourages it to crack eventually.

I have to do this to reverse the torso in converting all my Aquaraider II figs to my custom Team Trident spacemen: thank the makers for the two-sided printing!
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:12 am

The only thing I don't like about removing arms is then they are very floppy and hard to stay in place.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby vynsane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:18 am

Grogall over at ToysNBricks found a link to the Hong Kong TRU site that has the white Boba Fett as a freebie promo:

vynsane

Postby bigj22 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:06 am

cool , just a matter of time before it hits the US. Now I dont have to spend 50-75 dollars for it. XD XD
bigj22

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:35 pm

bigj22 wrote:cool , just a matter of time before it hits the US. Now I dont have to spend 50-75 dollars for it. XD XD

No, you'll have to spend at least $130 on it.
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:36 pm

vynsane wrote:Grogall over at ToysNBricks found a link to the Hong Kong TRU site that has the white Boba Fett as a freebie promo:

As a freebie with a $1000 purchase, sure. (Yeah OK that's HK dollars so it's about on par with a $150 US purchase...)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby KimT » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I got 6 in a regular toy store chain in Denmark.
Buy one summer Star Wars wave set and get one White Boba Fett for free.
Yes, I am now the proud owner of 6 Plo Koon's Starfighters.

It's usually TRU (BR) in Denmark that gets these things, but recently other toy store chains have been given the Chrome Stormtrooper and now the White Boba Fett promotionals.

I kinda doubt this fella is going to end up more rare than the Chrome Darth Vader.
But I could be wrong.
"How can this possibly go wrong?"
- Famous Last Words
KimT

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 pm

That's awesome.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I imagine, though, that there will be a 1 per customer limit when this hits the US.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Skafte » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:42 am

It would have been great with a thread in the Finds part of the Forums about the white Boba not only being available at TRU this time around. I saw the poster in my local store (no TRU where I live) the day after they gave out the last one. :facepalm:

Now, I just paid the amount for a Plo Koon's Starfighter for a white Boba on a Swedish auction site...
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby trekker » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Tried to post this earlier, but it didn't go through for some reason..

Got this in the mail yesterday!!! I'm in the US.

trekker

Postby The Brain » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Wow, that's awesome! I remember getting a similar gift (though not as fancy) in 2002 or 2003--TLG sent me a neat little cardboard box with the original Mini TIE Fighter. It was a nifty little thing then (I was mostly thrilled to be the recipient of a gift), but man is this gift more elaborate.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars