Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifig Packs No Show @ Toy Fair

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Collectible Minifig Packs No Show @ Toy Fair

Postby GrayMattR » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 am

Mister Ed wrote:they told me they could only get one shipment, and when it is gone, it is gone.

That's what most TRU store managers are saying. My local store sold out within six days.

Imagine you're a kid waiting until June for the minifigs because that's when the LEGO Club Magazine says they'll be available and then find out they sold them all in May.
GrayMattR

Postby vynsane » Thu May 27, 2010 5:33 am

I feel that they'll be available at the LEGO Stores more readily and for a longer time than at TRU. But I could be totally off the mark.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Mister Ed » Thu May 27, 2010 6:18 am

Maybe, but even fewer people have access to those.
Mister Ed

Postby Draykov » Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 am

GrayMattR wrote:Imagine you're a kid waiting until June for the minifigs because that's when the LEGO Club Magazine says they'll be available and then find out they sold them all in May.

Back in my day, there was no "Internet" and you were at the mercy of what was on the shelf, what your parents limited you to, and the $3 bucks you had in your Snoopy wallet. Back then, getting what today would amount to a $10/85-100 piece set was a red-letter day.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mister Ed » Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 am

It seems to me that the internet is a big part of why these aren't staying on the shelves. Without it, fewer people would know they were coming, and most of the ones that did would think it wasn't until June. And when somebody happened across them early, that would only be spread by word-of-mouth. Without the internet, I think some of these kids would have a BETTER chance of getting these, ironically enough.
Mister Ed

Postby banthafodder » Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Went to TRU today to get some more robots and zombies only to find that most of the bags were cut open with the contents removed. >8(
banthafodder

Postby vynsane » Mon May 31, 2010 6:01 am

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby stevenli » Mon May 31, 2010 7:30 am

banthafodder wrote:Went to TRU today to get some more robots and zombies only to find that most of the bags were cut open with the contents removed. >8(

That's probably the main reason why Target and Walmart are shying away from carrying these. Even at the impulse checkout line, the theft rate is probably way too high. There's a reason why TRU keeps it at the CS desk.
stevenli

Postby banthafodder » Mon May 31, 2010 5:04 pm

Actually at the TRU I was at they were on the bottom shelf of the lego aisle. It was in an area where theft would be easily done.
banthafodder

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:30 am

My Toys R Us has the boxes in the Lego aisle too. That's really sad to see people stealing or ripping the packs open. I guess that comes with making them random items. It's also sad to see that people are having so much trouble finding these, and especially that kids won't be able to find them. If anyone really has trouble, I'm more than happy go go hunting for you. :)
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby legomatt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:36 pm

banthafodder wrote:Went to TRU today to get some more robots and zombies only to find that most of the bags were cut open with the contents removed. >8(

That is just so, so, so pathetic (the cutting bit, i mean) :p . It also makes you wonder what percentage of ebay and bricklink items are actually stolen from the sets from stores. :(
legomatt

Postby brownie69yov4 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm

yeah that really is terrible, they should be selling these at the counter really... I know it won't give people a chance to scan or check the bar code so yeah it would be random. And i think until these are more readily available they should be limited... I am really freaking I won't have a chance to find these.. especially since it seems lego stores are getting a limited amount and the guy at my local lego store said it would take another 3 weeks to get them in again...
brownie69yov4

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, my TRU is sold out, despite its seemingly endless supply of these. I guess it was a one-shipment deal and if your store is out, they're out (I know it's been said before, but my brother employed with TRU confirmed this). Anyone who is still seeing these on shelves, grab them while you can, because they aren't coming back.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby solo606 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 am

I went to a TRU last Sunday and they had just sold out. The manager told me to check back Wednesday, since they get shipments in then.
I went back Wednesday and there was a whole brand new box.
solo606

Previous

Return to Original Themes