Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifig Packs No Show @ Toy Fair

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Collectible Minifig Packs No Show @ Toy Fair

Postby Draykov » Mon May 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Some new images of 8684 Minifigures Series 2:

Display
Promo shot
group shot
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby vynsane » Mon May 17, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm not feeling the urge to get a complete set of these as I am with series 1... The Karate guy, CHiPs-looking motorcycle cop, Pharaoh, Dracula, Spartan Warrior, and 'Adventurers' style guy are the only ones that I want right now. That could change, of course, but I doubt it.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue May 18, 2010 6:37 am

Yo quiero los Mexicanos!

The Dracula, the Witch and Spartan boy are also on my want list for this serie.
Daz Hoo

Postby Morgan19 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 am

I'm one of the crazies interested in getting the complete series, multiples and all. Has anyone gotten a straight answer about being able to buy a box of Series 1 in the U.S., once these go on sale for us?

I've heard rumblings that LEGO stores are planning on limiting purchases to X individual bags, and not allowing box sales at all. I'm debating just pre-ordering from one of the online toy sites, but would rather not pay the extra shipping costs and wouldn't mind the VIP points, either. (And there's something to be said for the joy of walking out with a physical product in hand... ;))

m19
Morgan19

Postby Draykov » Tue May 18, 2010 10:06 am

Morgan19 wrote:Has anyone gotten a straight answer about being able to buy a box of Series 1 in the U.S., once these go on sale for us?

I posed the question to my local LEGO store, but did not get a straight answer. The impression I got was that a decision on that front had not yet been made.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby GIR3691 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:29 pm

I just found six cases at my local Toys R Us. :D
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Wed May 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I just picked up the collection. The bar codes on the back are different for each minifig though only some are the same as the ones posted on brick bros for the european release. Took about 20 minutes to go through the rack to find the 16. Maybe someone more gifted than I on the computer could post the bar codes with the figs.
banthafodder

Postby MisterFubar » Wed May 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Looks like someone bought out my local Toys R Us of all they had.

It gave me a good opportunity to give my daughter who really wanted to get a few a lesson in greed.
MisterFubar

Postby Draykov » Wed May 19, 2010 6:58 pm

MisterFubar wrote:It gave me a good opportunity to give my daughter who really wanted to get a few a lesson in greed.

Or patience...
Or short-sighted inventory management...
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MisterFubar » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Draykov wrote:
MisterFubar wrote:It gave me a good opportunity to give my daughter who really wanted to get a few a lesson in greed.

Or patience...
Or short-sighted inventory management...

Or humor...
MisterFubar

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 am

Humor is overrated. The only thing it will bring you is friends, and who needs friends when greed gets you loads of cool stuff!

;) :D

Back on topic: I know there's alot of sightings in the US, but as anyone seen the first series in Canada yet?
Daz Hoo

Postby Kav'ryn » Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm

My brothers and I picked up a few this afternoon at our local TRU this afternoon (Clifton Park, NY). They had a large supply, both in the LEGO aisle and in the impulse buy. If anyone lives in that area, it might be a good idea to check them out.
Kav'ryn

Postby vynsane » Thu May 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Strange that they're on Long Island and near Albany, but not in Poughkeepsie... Must be because that's the store closest to me! :'(
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby GIR3691 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Based on several contacts in my Flickr stream, you can buy a complete case, box and all, if you find it on the shelf at Toys R Us.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Clyne » Sun May 23, 2010 12:57 am

MisterFubar wrote:Looks like someone bought out my local Toys R Us of all they had.

It gave me a good opportunity to give my daughter who really wanted to get a few a lesson in greed.

Sad that I had to explain the same thing to my son this week; he just wants a wrestler (and probably a cave man), but I'm not sure how likely that is. As a collector of various things, I understand the desire to have extras of stuff, but c'mon buying up multiple cases is pretty ridiculous. 3 full cases and the remainder of the 4th that our TRU received this week were bought by 1 person. My son asked me to take him to other places to look for them, but I explained that the only other place that might have them this early was the Lego store. I was pretty proud of him when he called up the store himself to ask (the associate was extremely cool to him), but seeing his disappointment when the guy told him they weren't out until June was pretty hard to stomach.
Clyne

Postby GrayMattR » Sun May 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Clyne wrote:Sad that I had to explain the same thing to my son this week; ... 3 full cases and the remainder of the 4th that our TRU received this week were bought by 1 person.

That's such crap that the store will sell them all to one person. I get that they're in it to make money and there's plenty of ways for the idiot to come back in a few hours or the next day when a different staff is on shift but that's just crass. Think of the KIDS that want one or two of those figs. Instead, some wiener is going to double his money on ebay. Turn $2 into $4 what a deal. I'm seriously mad for you.

PM me and if I can get the figs for your son (tomorrow during my lunch break is the earliest I can go to TRU) and I will.
GrayMattR

Postby TwistedFate » Sun May 23, 2010 8:53 pm

MisterFubar wrote:Sad that I had to explain the same thing to my son this week; he just wants a wrestler (and probably a cave man)

I have an extra cave man he can have. I am going to TRU tomorrow to look for an Indian and can look for a wrestler while I'm there, too.
Last edited by TwistedFate on Mon May 24, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwistedFate

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Mon May 24, 2010 12:35 am

I think some people need to calm down.....these are becoming available everywhere so I don't think for a second someone buying them all up is gonna be making a profit, especially when you count tax, shipping and ebay fees in the mix.

Stores will restock them and they'll be out for everyone, no big deal......like someone mentioned, it's probably better for a kid to learn to be patient now than never learn like many people out in the world today.

Relax. :)

*fingers crossed that series 2 won't be cheaper plastic*
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby MicroJow » Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Found the display at the Lego store near the town I'm visiting this week... they're only allowing 5 per customer at the moment (luckily I was there with two friends) so now I've got 15 of the 16 figures. It's extremely easy to deduce which figure is in which package. Here's how we did it: shake the package so that the contents all fall to one side. Grab hold of the package so you've got the checklist inside between your fingers, then shake the contents down to the other side of the package. Feel the rest of the contents. Once you've identified one of the accessories, you'll pretty much know which one you've got. For instance, feel for the skateboard or the doctor's needle or the caveman's club, etc. It's best to have the checklist with you so that you can have a visual guide to what you're trying to identify via touch.

FYI, the magician also comes with a black touseled hair piece, the Indian comes with two of the feather pieces, the robot comes with two claws, and the cowboy comes with three guns. At least mine did.

The wrestler was the hardest one to ID since the cape is not packed in a cardboard sleeve. If you've got a pack that has nothing but a head, torso & legs in it, then you've probably got hold of the wrestler! It took us about 10 minutes to identify enough of the figures to know we didn't have any duplicates. Plus we helped a lady whose child wanted the astronaut find the proper package.

Now all I need is the forestman!

- J
MicroJow

Postby Mister Ed » Wed May 26, 2010 9:22 pm

ThinkingImpaired wrote:I think some people need to calm down.....these are becoming available everywhere so I don't think for a second someone buying them all up is gonna be making a profit, especially when you count tax, shipping and ebay fees in the mix.

Stores will restock them and they'll be out for everyone, no big deal......like someone mentioned, it's probably better for a kid to learn to be patient now than never learn like many people out in the world today.

Relax. :)

*fingers crossed that series 2 won't be cheaper plastic*

I'm not yet convinced that there is nothing to worry about. With Series 2 looming on the horizon (OK, months away, but these will have far less shelf time than usual sets), and news of stores selling out of their supply very quickly, and not knowing when they will get more, I don't think it is too far-fetched to think that some people will be unable to get what they want before they are gone. I daresay some may never even see them on the shelf, depending on how widespread the release is. So far I've only heard of TRU in the US having any at all, and many's the person who doesn't have easy access to a TRU. My local comic shop will actually be getting these, but they told me they could only get one shipment, and when it is gone, it is gone.
Mister Ed

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes