Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Theme Ideas

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Licensed Theme Ideas

Postby iLike Lego » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Indiana Jones

Ravenwood Tavern
Price: $30
Description: Foldout building similar to the blacksmith shop, but with the bar instead, and an upstairs.
Accessories: Wine glasses of all sorts; medallion
Minifigs: Indiana Jones, Marion Ravenwood, Major Tote and Drunk man

Staff Discovery
Price: $20
Description: That one room with the staff that showed the ark's location, with miniature Cario city model.
Accessories: Staff of Ra, Rope, furled Nazi flag (No Schwaztica)
Minifigs: Egypt Indiana Jones, Sallah

Thugee Palace
Price: $90
Description: Similar to the Scorpian Palace from Orient Expedition, with Indy and Willie's rooms, dining room, and a push-in statue that opens up the door, leading to working traps. Combinable with Temple of Doom set.
Accessories: Monkey head mould, spiders, silver platters, wine glasses
Minifigs: Bathrobe Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones, Pajamas Willie, Short Round, two Thugee guards, 3 dinner guests

SpongeBob SquarePants
The Mermalair
Price: $120
Description: Similar concept to the Emergency Room, but looks like the retirement home, with the front desk, and sitting room, and much, much bigger. Then, there would be a trap door leading to a lower level which would be the Mermailair, including the Invisible Boat Mobile, made of clear transparent pieces, a wall of weaponry with loads of accessories, a computer and holding area for ManRay (made out of the same pieces as the escape pod on the Venator from Star Wars, but translucent green.).
Accessories: New paddleball mould, checkerboard made of 1X1 pieces and 1X1 studs for the pieces, boomerang, ray guns, other weapons for the wall, full of holding clips.
Minifigures: MermaidMan, BarnacleBoy, MermaidMan SpongeBob, BarnacleBoy Patrick, ManRay, Dirty Bubble (same pieces as Death Star hologram on Home One set from Star Wars)

The Krabs' House
Price: $50
Description: An anchor-shaped set, plenty of black pieces, and black porthole pieces, and pink and purple pieces for Pearl's bedroom
Accessories: Barrel TV (Sticker on regular barrel piece), couch
Minifigures: Mr. Krabs, Pearl
iLike Lego

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas 2010

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Here are some of mine:

Indiana Jones:

Tank
Price: $40-$50
Description: This would recreate the scene fromThe Last Crusade. It would come with the huge tank that would have some kind of firing mechanism. Could possibly have an interior or some way to make it move on it's own.
Accessories: Horse; machine gun
Minifigs: Indian, Henry Jones, Sallah, and that one Nazi who has that cheesy death scene, and Kazim (guy with rose)

Chamber of the Holy Grail
Price: $30
Description: It would be the bench where the knight sits down, a collection of various cups, and a small fountain. There would also be some device that you could place a normal Walter Donovan, spin or pull something, and out would come a skeleton.
Accessories: Many cups, sword, skeleton
Minifigs: Jones, Grail Knight, Donovan, Elsa

Battle on the Bridge

Price: $15
Description: Just a simple bridge and the side of the mountains. You could pull something and one side of the bridge would break off the mountain side. It also would include two alligators.
Accessories: Sankara stone, alligators, sword
Minifigs: It would only include Indiana Jones with open-jacket torso (same as the new mine chase) and Mola Ram. Basically, a way to get the figures at a cheaper price.

SpongeBob SquarePants

Icecream Stand
Price: $5
Description: This would be the small stand that the orange and blue fish walks around with.
Accessories: Icecream and other foods
Minifigs: SpongeBob (with icecream on his face), Patrick (same as SpongeBob), and the fish vendor

The Flying Dutchman's Ship
Price: $80 (considering the new pirate ship was $100)
Description: A green-glowing ship. Would have a tone of trans-green parts and other useful pieces. Would also contain the ripped sail and the giant anchor. The ship would have the Flying Dutchman's cabin, as well as the prison cell where SpongeBob and Patrick were locked up in.
Accessories: mop, bucket, swords, misc. items found on a boat, sock (only fans will get this)
Minifigs: SpongBob (scared face) Patrick, Squidward (same as Spongebob), Flying Dutchman (would have to be a completely new mold)
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Yoda 56 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:27 pm

A Lord of The Rings theme! XD

This is my first post! :cool:
For the Republic!
Yoda 56

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

iLike Lego wrote:SpongeBob SquarePants
The Mermalair
Price: $120

Something makes me think you will never see a Spongebob set at a $120 price-point.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Marty » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I's always thought that either Gerry Anderson's series or Doctor who, the early years would have been an interesting theme for Lego to come up with.

You have Thunderbirds, which has more ships, characters and ideas for sets than you can poke a stick at it.

You also have a few earlier themes which have some clever vehicles and characters in them as well like captain scarlet!

Not to mention an old favourate called Stringray which I though could be used to introduce a better divers theme.

As for the old Doctor who, that speaks for it's self, Daleks, Cybermen, Seadevils, yeti's. etc.

Not to mention TOM BAKER?

Also what about future-rama theme, characters like bender, Zoidberg, Kip, Zapp Brannigan, Leia, Scruffy, not-to-mention the heads?
This would be an excellent theme, and would sell to adults & children alike.
Note! Someone has already made a custom versions of these I suggest you's take a look at it.
Last edited by Marty on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty

Postby meeotch » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:01 am

Ready for this?

UCS-style, modern (from the live-action movie) Transformers that actually transform.

Hey, let me dream, okay?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Dr Scott » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 am

How about a UCS Iron-Man?

For Indiana Jones, the tank from The Last Crusade really has to be top of the list. Could be along the lines of the Bat-tank that got released.
Dr Scott

Postby Teekay » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am

Indiana Jones:

Temple of the Holy Grail
$120

Includes entrance, Challenge 1: The Breath of God: Only Pennitent Man Will Pass, includes moving saw blades; Challenge 2: The Word of God: Only in God's name shall he continnue, includes jumbled letters, maybe LEGO could sneak in a religous hint and make some of them spell "Iehovah"; Challenge 3: The Path of God, includes clear bridge; Grail Room, includes all sorts of cups and one plain one, and a fountain. Also includes horses for Indy, Henry and Sallah.

Minifigs: Indiana Jones, Walter Donovan, Elsa, Henry Jones Sr, Sallah, Grail Knight, Enemy Soldier

Train Battle
$60

Includes: train on track, possibly in similar format to mine cart in TOD, lion car with whip, snake car, cross.

Minifigs: Indiana Jones (Boy Scout), Fedora, Herman (other Boy Scout), Enemy.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Darthboba281 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Indiana Jones:
    The Blimp:
    price:$100-$200
    figures:
    Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, Colonel Vogel, passenger(x4), Nazi(x3)
    features:
    landing/take off pad, cargo hold cart, detachable air plane,and detachable passenger car (part that is at the bottom of blimp)
Darthboba281

Postby Glacurox » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 am

I've decided to add a few references to the show...

Spongebob:
Sandy's Treehouse:
Scene: A Big Tree in the middle. Possible transculent dome? A picnic table w/ chairs. A green Baseplate. Also, It would be nice to have a room in the tree with... Decorative Paintings of Patrick?!?!?!
Minifigs: Sandy, Spongebob and Patrick with optional ghost costumes, and a worm
Glacurox

Postby donneyboy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 am

Indiana Jones-
set name- bridge battle
description- recreate the bridge battle from The Temple Of Doom. Includes Indiana Jones, and 2 thugges.
price- $19.99

set name- Castle Brunwald
description- Drive to castle Brunwald with Indiana Jones, and Elsa Schneider. Castle folds out and you can view the big front door, or swing across and rescue Henry Jones. Includes Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, Elsa Schneider, 4 German Troops, and German General.
price-$99.99

Spongebob-
set name- Sandy's Tree-dome
description- Go to Sandy's Treedome with Spongebob and Patrick. open the water tight door, and come inside. Sit down at the picnic taple, and have a glass of ice tea, or go into Sandy's tree. Includes an all new dome piece. Also includes Sandy Cheeks, Spongebob Squarepants, and Patrick Star
price- $59.99.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:22 am

As much as I'd love to see more Marvel Licensing like a UCS Iron Man or Some better Spidey sets, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Same probably goes for Doctor Who sets, old or new... unfortunately. I would pay a pretty penny for a UCS TARDIS.
The german tank from the Last Crusade is a great idea and so is the Staff Discovery set if it includes robed Indy and Salah figs! XD

I am also curious to see what the new deal with Disney could bring. I for one would love to see some sets based on TRON!
With Tron 2.0 in the works, it could be a great way to promote that picture just like Price of Persia.
Fingers crossed...
buriedbybricks

Postby meeotch » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:24 am

donneyboy wrote:set name- Castle Brunwald
description- Drive to castle Brunwald with Indiana Jones, and Elsa Schneider. Castle folds out and you can view the big front door, or swing across and rescue Henry Jones. Includes Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, Elsa Schneider, 4 German Troops, and German General.
price-$99.99

You forget to mention that it comes with tapestries!
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby donneyboy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm

meeotch wrote:
You forget to mention that it comes with tapestries!

I forgot that!
Hum hum hum...calls me
donneyboy

Postby Flynn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Tron sets would be a great idea. Personally, I'm rooting for more Jurassic Park sets, what with the rumors of JP4 coming out soon. Just re-release the dinos from 2001 with new molds for raptors and compys along with the compound and it'd be great. Star Trek LEGOs would also be great, although I think that might not be a good idea with Star Wars already out. ;)
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Galagoo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 am

Oh, Jurassic Park LEGO would be just fantastic.. *drools*

I just wonder if the fourth JP will ever be made.. It was - at some point, at least - planned to be released last year according to some sources, but now, with Crichton dead and all that, some say they'll just leave it. One can always hope, though.
Galagoo

Postby donneyboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:03 pm

I have a new theme idea- AC/DC.

first up would be Castle Donnington
description-
go back to the night of August 17, 1991 at Castle Donnington as AC/DC takes the stage. includes Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams, Chris Slade, Brian Johnson and 10 fans. also includes stage, the Hells Bell, Rosie, and 21 cannons, and a special 50x50 dark green baseplate. also has all new guitar molds, and drum sticks.
$99.99
1,240 pcs

AC/DC figure set
description-
buy this AC/DC minifigure pack and have the worlds greatest band. includes Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson, Phil Rudd, Chris Slade, Simon Wright, Cliff Williams, and the late Bon Scott
$9.99
75 pcs
Hum hum hum...calls me
donneyboy

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:12 pm

You know what license I'd really like to see LEGO acquire? The Simpsons. I mean, most of the characters are already yellow for cripes sake (which means no need for special "flesh" colored pieces). There are so many characters that it becomes immediately obvious that most of the sets would be character driven. Speaking of which, most sets would probably be buildings or playsets, but there would be room for a few vehicles as well. Given that it is soon to become the longest running TV series ever (in just 2 years), surpassing Gunsmoke, I think it's long past time for this show to be given it's due.

I think the main (most popular) set would have to be the Simpsons home (built completely) which includes figs of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, and Grandpa. This set will probably have to cost around $100 (possibly even more) in order to get the level of detail and features that it should have.

Homer's car - A small set that just includes Homer and his car (and a plutonium rod). Shouldn't be much more than $10-$15.

Marge's car - Another small set that includes Marge, Maggie and the car. Again, somewhere between $10-$20.

Otto's Schoolbus - A fairly large set, it would include a bus large enough to fit figs inside. For figs, it should include Otto and all of the "important" children (Bart, Lisa, Nelson, Milhouse, Ralphie, the twins, some others I'm probably forgetting). Will probably cost $30-$40.

Kwik-E-Mart - Another fairly large building, it should be somewhat accurate. Minifigs: Apu, Nelson's dad (the criminal), Homer, that one old guy (forget his name, not Grandpa). Will probably cost around $50.

Police Squad Car - Sheriff Wiggam's squad car. Should include Sheriff Wiggam, his two deputies (I'm blanking on their names), and Ralphie. Probably will cost around $20.

Mr. Burn's Office - A simple playset that re-creates Mr. Burn's office. Should inlude Mr. Burns (obviously), Smithers, and Homer and should be around $20.

Moe's Tavern - Should be the third complete building (it's not that big). Figs should include Moe, Homer, Carl, Lenny, and the drunk guy (dang my crappy memory). I'd image this being about $40-$50.

Groundskeeper Willie - Should include Willie's small shack, his tractor, and of course, his minifig. Another small set around $20.

Skinner's Office - A small playset centered around Principal Skinner's Office. Should include Skinner, Ms. Crabopple (sp?), Homer, Marge, and Bart.

These sets really have the potential to be great, and could even introduce a few new pieces (Marge's hairpiece, anyone).
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Jettbacca » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:02 am

Jude, the old guy is Jasper, the deputies are Lou and Eddie, drunk guy is Barney. Good ideas.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby EwokWarrior » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:11 am

I don't really think that any of these new themes would make it. LEGO system is first and foremost for children. Sure it has AFOLs, but I don't believe the themes would be bought by kids. Also LEGO had a Jurassic Park theme, but it was pretty inaccurate.
Who am I? I am the galaxy's top Ewok warrior. That is all anyone needs to know.
Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=EwokWarrior
EwokWarrior

Next

Return to Licensed Themes