Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread

Postby Blue Squadron » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:29 am

No, I agree - it's a fair point! That's why I said the idea could do with some refining... ;)

It is undoubtedly true that the most straightforward incarnation of SW Lego (arguably its "purest" incarnation) is the simple "vehicle-plus-crew" type of set, from the original 7140 X-wing to the new 8017 Vader's TIE Fighter. They're generally easily recognisable vessels, fun to build, fun to play with and usually won't break the bank! :D
Blue Squadron

Postby JimboJones » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 pm

heres my idea for 2010
all prices are in Australian
january

20 Rebel Battlepack
20 Empire Battlepack
40 Clone Snowspeeder: 1 Hoth Clone
40 Skyhopper
80 B-wing Fighter-Bwing pilot
100 Tri-Droid-Anakin, Rex, 1 Clone Trooper, 2 Super Battledroids

August

50 AT-PT-2 Stormtroopers
120 Slave 1 & Jedi Starfighter: Jango Fett, Boba Fett boy, Obiwan
120 Theed Plaza: (1 Stap, Theed speeder) about 7 minifigs
100 Kashyyyk Defence Base:(Swamp Speeder, 2 Stap Speeders, Wookie Hut, Wookie Barricade) 2 Wookies, 1 Swamp Trooper, 2 Battle Droids
150 Tantive IV: Luke, Leia, R2D2, C3PO, Mantenence droid
150 Jugganaut-Class Clone Turbo Tank: 3 Clone Troopers, 1 Clone Gunner, Commander Gree, Alyaa Secura
180 Death Star Space Battle:(X-wing, Y-Wing, 2 Tie Fighters) Luke, Y wing Pilot, 2 Tie Pilots
300 Mos Eislty Cantina UCS: Ben, Luke, R2, C3PO, Han, Greedo, Bartender, 2 Sandtroopers, 2 Bar Guys(the 1 that gets his arm cut off) 3 Band members, Landspeeder
JimboJones

Postby CommanderFox » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 am

HAHA I started the 2010 ideas topic in the old forum FBTB 2.0 so good going in starting this one starwarsman222,
well heres my ideas from last time.
My ides are doing the impulse sets (little minifigure sets) star wars.
So eg clone commanders (Keller, Deviss, Gree, and my personal favorite Captain Ordo (who is in the Karen Traviss star wars book series that I recommend), and some other awesome ARC's and etc with a few weapons and visors)
Or jedi (Kit fisto, Plo koon, Mace windu, ki adi mundu, etc with lightsabers and capes)
For small box sets.
Delta squad with alot of mean weapons, visors and pauldrens, although lego can't do as well with weapons as Little Armory XD :) :)
Omega squad with same stuff as Delta but a few different weapons and pauldrens.
Another idea for the commandos above is that they do not have episode 2 fins, it is all smooth on there helmets, so more like Republic Commando's.
Thanks
CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby findyourfix » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:10 pm

I like to see:

Clone Unit Packs, 501st, 212th, etc

"lancer" battle pack, Obi-Wan in robed armor plus 2 lancer clones, vs Durge and IG Lancer Droids on speeder bikes

upgrade kits for appearance and to update existing models ie; turn your gunship into an ARC variant, sticker packs,

Expanded universe character packs, KOTOR, NJO, Legacy, Aayla Secura, Shaak ti, LEGO Star Wars video game figs, etc.

UCS: AT-AT, 74-z Speeder Bike, Actis-2, Aethersprite, V-wing, B-wing

The stuff from Clone Wars is great so far, lets let TLC know we want more!!!! XD
findyourfix

Postby paul starkiller » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Well
What about like others said,
The jedi temple.

Council Chamber in pieces.

Every set Has A Chair and a famous council member with it.
And a floorpiece and wall.

If you put it all toghether you will have the jedi council room.

The sets don't have to be big or something.
Just a chance to get a famous jedi figure for a cheaper price.

Instead of buying a big set to get one special figure with it.

And like that you can make many sets to get area's of the jedi temple together.
paul starkiller

Postby Raequan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 pm

JimboJones wrote:heres my idea for 2010
all prices are in Australian
january

20 Rebel Battlepack
20 Empire Battlepack
40 Skyhopper

August

50 AT-PT-2 Stormtroopers
100 Kashyyyk Defence Base:(Swamp Speeder, 2 Stap Speeders, Wookie Hut, Wookie Barricade) 2 Wookies, 1 Swamp Trooper, 2 Battle Droids
150 Jugganaut-Class Clone Turbo Tank: 3 Clone Troopers, 1 Clone Gunner, Commander Gree, Alyaa Secura
180 Death Star Space Battle:(X-wing, Y-Wing, 2 Tie Fighters) Luke, Y wing Pilot, 2 Tie Pilots
300 Mos Eislty Cantina UCS: Ben, Luke, R2, C3PO, Han, Greedo, Bartender, 2 Sandtroopers, 2 Bar Guys(the 1 that gets his arm cut off) 3 Band members, Landspeeder

Minifig Ponda Baba FTW, minifig Aayla Secura FTW, and AT-PT FTW. You are a genius.
Raequan

Postby Darthboba281 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am

I would really like to see a lego set with Jango Fett again. I mean really, it has been like forever since he has been in a set. Also, there should be one of the battle in that Geonosis coliseum in "Attack of the Clones".
Darthboba281

Postby Talon Karrde » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:13 am

I would quite like a playset of the Lars family homestead, that would be cool.
We're gonna need a lot of Mescaline for this...
Talon Karrde

Postby enigmapc » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:35 am

If TLC produced a UCS AT-AT (minifig scale much like the UCS MF) and a UCS RBR (or Tantive IV) with minifures and interior, then I will be able to call my LSW collection complete. If you can't tell, I am old school and favor OT sets.
enigmapc

Postby ccjwprongs » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 am

Talon Karrde wrote:I would quite like a playset of the Lars family homestead, that would be cool.

I'm afraid it's unlikely - no vehicles (maybe a landspeeder), no death rays, no action; kids these days are too violent to enjoy a simple house. ;) Unless they include Stormtrooper execution squad and charred corpse figures!
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 am

ccjwprongs wrote:Unless they include Stormtrooper execution squad and charred corpse figures!

How morbid. . . :O
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Raequan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 am

MrCRskater wrote:
ccjwprongs wrote:Unless they include Stormtrooper execution squad and charred corpse figures!

How morbid. . . :O

Morbid yes, but totally AWESOME.
Raequan

Postby jonah2013pal » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 am

I have ideas! Hopefully one of them makes it!

1. Geonosis Execution Arena- Three execution stands, gate, archduke's box, two spectator stands hinged to box, and republic gunship. Includes Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi, Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, C-3PO, R2-D2, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Nute Gunray, Geonosians, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, Droidekas, Clone Troopers, Reek, Acklay, and Nexu. C-3PO and Battle Droid have interchangable parts!

2. Cloud City- Landing Platform with Slave I, living quarters, dining room, carbon freezing chamber, garbage room, and duel site. Includes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, Bespin Guards, Ughnauts, and Lobot!

3. Mos Espa Podrace- Spectator stands, announcer box, Jabba's box, and pit. Includes Qui-Gon Jinn, Padmé Amidala, Jar Jar Binks, Shmi Skywalker, Watto, spectators, two-headed Troig announcer, Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna, Kitster, C-3PO, R2-D2, Pit Droids, and Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, Mahawnic, and Ben Quadrinaros with their podracers!

4. General Grievous' Lair- Control Room, Entrance, Main Room with spare parts and trapdoor, Gor's room, and Starfighter bay. Includes Kit Fisto, Nahdar Vebb, Clone Troopers, General Grievous, Grievous' Doctor, MagnaGuards, Gor, and Grievous' Starfighter!

5. Malevolence- Bridge, Ion Cannon, Hanger, and Rail Jet with track. Includes Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, C-3PO, R2-D2, General Grievous, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, Droidekas, MagnaGuards, and Fire Droids!

6. Millennium Falcon- Cockpit, Guns, Main Room, Boarding Ramp, and Escape Pod. Includes Luke Skywalker (Jedi), Han Solo, Princess Leia (Rebel Officer), Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian (Rebel Officer), C-3PO, and R2-D2!

7. Trident- Cockpit, Tentacles. Includes Asajj Ventress.

8. Defoliator Tank- Cockpit, Defoliator Gun with Missiles. Includes Lok Durd, Battle Droid Commander, two Battle Droids, two Super Battle Droids, two Lurmen.

9. Octuptarra Combat Tri-Droid and Republic Heavy Cannon- Rotating head and posable legs, Firing missile and poseable legs. Includes Captain Rex, Clone Gunner, and three Jet Troopers!

10. Jedi Starfighter Kit- Three Jedi Starfighters with Hyperdrive Booster Rings, in yellow, red, and blue. Includes Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R4-P17, Plo Koon, R4-F5, and pieces to customize Starfighter and Ring in green, orange, purple, and black!

11. TIE Fleet- TIE Fighters, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptors, and TIE Bomber. Includes Darth Vader and TIE Fighter Pilots!

12. Rebel Fleet- X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wings, and B-Wing. Includes Rebel Pilots!

13. Imperial Rescue- Imperial Shuttle, V-Wings, and Medical Table. Includes Emporer Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker (Burned), Darth Vader, Clone Troopers, Clone Pilots, and Medical Droid!

14. Jedi Battle Pack- BARC Speeders. Includes Mace Windu, Yoda, Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, and Aayla Secura!

15. Sith Battle Pack- Dooku's speeder. Includes Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous, MagnaGuards, and bonus Darth Maul with speeder!

16. Lightsaber Duel Playset- Like the episode III Mustafar Duel Set, only handles can turn, rotate, and elevate minifigures. Includes acessories that are easy to remove for different settings (Like sand dunes for Tatooine desert) and minifigures for every famous lightsaber duel in the movies and TV series!

17. Bounty Hunters Battle Pack- Airspeeder. Includes Cad Bane, Shahan Alama, Aurra Sing, Robinino, two Commando Droids, Elite Assassin Droid, and Ziro the Hutt!

UCS Sets:

18. Slave I- cockpit, rotating guns, missile launchers, and rotating wings.

19. Twilight- Wings, landing gear, and boarding ramp.

20. Clone Turbo Tank- Multi-Terrain Wheels, rising scout post, firing missiles, and troop compartment. Includes 6 Episode III Clones

I hope a lot of people like them!
Last edited by jonah2013pal on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
jonah2013pal

Postby CommanderFox » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Hey jonah2013pal great ideas but in some of the sets I think there is a bit to much minifigures also I personally think there is to many Anakins in your list, Anakins great and all but he did appear a bit to much in the 2008 sets and is only in 1 2009 set but anyway, in #10 instead of clone troopers do shock troopers because they were the troopers in that scene and there commander was Commander Thire so he would be great in that set
and in #11 maybe not all the Obi Wans, Anakins and Ahsokas just concentrat on Aayla,Luminara and so on.
heres more of my ideas
1 why not do a set with Gareth Muln and an Awesome Jedi starfighter.
2 The Jedi landing platform coming out of the jedi temple wall (like in the behind the scenes episode 2, and episode 3 movie anakin in his speeder going to palpatine) and have a jedi fighter maybe Gareths and Gareth and a few jedi saying by and "may the Force be with you Gareth" :D
Thanks
CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby Darkrebellion » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Well I think the TLC has done most of the things we want but here are some more that I would love!!!

Rebel Medium Transport: $49.99-$59.99 - ESB
A really detailed reincarnation of the ship XD . A little bridge area in the back part and some cargo space where you can put all those containers in the front. A little weapon rack and some flick fire missiles are also welcome :lol: .
Minifigs: Taun Taun, 2 Hoth Rebel Troopers and a new Rebel Pilot.
Coruscant Air Taxi: $19.99 - AOTC
A small Taxi of the size of the Sep. Shuttle of this year with a detailed passanger area and a cool front.
Minifigs: Taxi Driver and a generic Passenger with the use of an aline head mold (Maybe that Dug passenger seen breifly in the AOTC).
Twin Pod Cloud Car: $19.99 - ESB
A re-designed TPCC from the ESB. This could be a really great redesign with more curved elements and the building techniques that the designers use nowadays. Maybe a fuel car could be added so the price would be more fair.
Minifigs: Lando Carlissian, Lobot and Ugnaught.
Ambush at the Jedi Temple: $29.99 - ROTS
This could come with the famous Bail Organa´s Airspeeder and a little landing platform. The airspeeder must be very detailed and accurate to the actual thing with a little storage compartment. The platform could have some lights and a "bridge" where you can "enter" the temple.
Minifigs: Bail Organa, Jedi Youngling and two 501th Legion Clone Troopers.
This last ideas are intended to be the winter line-up.

UPDATE: Here are some more ideas:

Grevious´ Wheel Bike: $14.99 - ROTS
In my opinion one of the worst attempts of the TLC to recreate a vehicle was the 2005 version and this is such a cool vehicle that desrves a good representation. It must be better designed and constructed with proper pieces and not just a hybrid between oversized pieces and overuse of technic pieces. Also some better features could be included like better AND system legs and a REAL move action (The first one doesn´t move well at all).
Minifigs: General Grevious
Darkrebellion

Postby tyleraf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Geonosis Arena: Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Saesee Tiin, Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, Ki-adi Mundi, 4 clone troopers, 4 battle droids, 4 geonosians, Poggle the Lesser, Dooku, and Jango Fett. AOTC
Padmes Yacht, Padme, C-3po, Jar Jar. CW
Order 66: Felucia: Bly, Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee, Deviss, 4 Clone Troopers
Order 66: Mygeeto: Bacara, Ki-adi Mundi, 4 clone troopers
Order 66:Kashyyyk: Yoda, Gree, Luminara Unduli, Quinlan Vos, 3 Clone Troopers
tyleraf

Postby banthafodder » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:25 pm

I would like to see a geonosis arena maybe divided into different sets with one prisoner with one monster which would be more realistic in terms of pricing but that would entail a lot of new tooling. What about a geonosis droid factory with Padame, Anakin, some geonosins, some droids, and maybe a new Jango Fett?
I'd also like to see a rancor set which could be placed underneath the Jabba's palace playset much like the Harry Potter chamber of secrets and Hogwort's castle.
banthafodder

Postby LFN » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:31 am

Clone Heavy Cannon (the ones seen on Christophsis)
$24.99 Cdn
1 clone trooper, 1 clone gunner
A moderately priced and moderately sized set, down-scaled slightly to keep the cost down. A $50 big honking cannon isnt very appealing. Make it $25; now we're talking. I'd prefer it not have flick fire missiles,, but theres got to be SOMETHING for the kids.

Battle for theed
$40-60 Cdn
A few battle droids, at least 2 naboo soldiers, captain panaka, padme, darth maul w/ new mold double lightsaber
One of those blue naboo speeders, i forgot the name, would be the main vehicle of the set. I expect that there should be perhaps a couple arches/walls to complement it.

i think lego's pretty much covered all of the OT stuff i'd like to see, short of a couple re-designs, such as the cantina, jabba's palace.
aside from that, i'd love to see lego break out a cheaper set, perhaps a battle pack, that features the kashyyyk trooper. i dont justify shelling out $15+ for ONE of those off ebay
Akuma No Z
LFN

Postby lordjacobi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:59 am

20 Rebel Battlepack
20 Empire Battlepack
40 Skyhopper

August

50 AT-PT-2 Stormtroopers
totaly!
and an AT-PT with either clones or stormies
"The time has come. Execute Order 66."
― Palpatine
lordjacobi

Postby theams » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 am

1) Arresting Palpatine - Palpatine, Mace, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar
Similar to indiana jones 4 camp scene, props such as palpatines desk, or statue hidding sith lightsabre

2) EU sets such as

Kardes hideout on Myrkr with Karrde, Mara Jade,Thrawn and Pelleon minifigs as well as Han, Luke, Lando and R2
Jedi Academy Battle Pack - Teenage Jacen and Jania, Lowbacca and Tenal Ka
Mission to Myrkr (Vong War) Battle Pack Adult Jacen and Jania, Anakin Solo, Tahiri
Vong Battle Pack
theams

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars