Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Toy Story Sets At Toys'R'Us

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

New Toy Story Sets At Toys'R'Us

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Toys'R'Us has listed 8 new LEGO Toy Story sets on their website:

I'd add pictures and make it fancy but that would take way too much time. Toys'R'Us usually gets new LEGO Product first, even before Shop@Home; it's just a matter of time before some of these sets start showing up at other retailers.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/04/20/new-toy-story-sets-at-toysrus/
Staff

Re: New Toy Story Sets At Toys'R'Us

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

[quote=staff]Pizza Planet Truck (Duplo) $19.99, this is NOT the pizza-shooting System scale one previewed by Don at Bricks By The Bay, this is a Duplo sized set

Get my hopes up and crush them in less than a second. Thanks ace. :'(
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby SH1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:24 pm

[Correction]

LEGO Toy Story Western Train: $79.99

my hopes, also dashed.
SH1

Postby Alpha 40 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:29 pm

I heard that they are at some Lego stores on Brickset.com
Alpha 40

Postby ILikePi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Another correction; there are seven new sets, not eight!

And the pricing for Western Train Chase did get my hopes up for a while...but then I clicked the link and they were crushed, similar to SH1. :(
ILikePi

Postby legomatt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Is it just me, or do some people find the idea of Lego creating kits based on animated 'lego' toys a bit weird... if you catch my meaning... I mean, if there is a 'lego' truck in the new movie, are Lego going to just create the actual truck out of lego (which is what a sensible person would do), or are we going to be faced with a Lego kit of a not-totally-lego looking truck, but now made to look lego-y again, now that it has to be translated back into lego... but to look 'toy story' lego, still. Aagggh, the brain aches... it's toy incest!

:D
legomatt

Postby Tyrant » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:27 pm

legomatt wrote:Is it just me, or do some people find the idea of Lego creating kits based on animated 'lego' toys a bit weird... if you catch my meaning... I mean, if there is a 'lego' truck in the new movie, are Lego going to just create the actual truck out of lego (which is what a sensible person would do), or are we going to be faced with a Lego kit of a not-totally-lego looking truck, but now made to look lego-y again, now that it has to be translated back into lego... but to look 'toy story' lego, still. Aagggh, the brain aches... it's toy incest!

You mean like translating English into another language (Chinese for instance) and then translating it back into English, instead of just reading the original? Kind of like how Revenge of the Sith becomes Backstroke of the West
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Tohst » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 am

legomatt wrote:Is it just me, or do some people find the idea of Lego creating kits based on animated 'lego' toys a bit weird... if you catch my meaning... I mean, if there is a 'lego' truck in the new movie, are Lego going to just create the actual truck out of lego (which is what a sensible person would do), or are we going to be faced with a Lego kit of a not-totally-lego looking truck, but now made to look lego-y again, now that it has to be translated back into lego... but to look 'toy story' lego, still. Aagggh, the brain aches... it's toy incest!

The biggest thing that turns my brain into a knot. It looks like it has a flesh colored minifig. This makes sense if you consider this is a licensed line. But not if you consider the toy in the movie would not be from a licensed line and should have a yellow mini-fig.

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:22 am

I don't know what you guys are so confused about. It's a movie about toys. Lego is making sets based on the toys in the movie. The only Lego shown in the previews is generic minifigs and various bricks in the background which are comparable to the creator buckets. There isn't a Pizza Planet Delivery Shuttle Lego set or a dumptruck Lego set in the movie so they're not going hyper meta here. Toys based on characters based on toys is nothing new.

What minifig are you talking about Tohst? The only ones included in the sets are based off Toy Story characters.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jargon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

I believe he's referring to the flesh-colored driver in the Dump Truck set which, by the way, seems to have odd eyes.
Jargon

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:41 am

OK, that one isn't even shown as one of the minifigures (only the bear and octopus is on the top of the box) so my guess is it's a built in driver in the toy dump truck in the movie, so it would be the same in the set. Unless the scale is waaaaaaaaaay off like the pickup I love, which would make it a human character in a real dump truck that this set is based off of. No confusion either way.

The sets we're getting aren't sets in the movie - they're other made up toys. Does that help?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:48 am

Here's something to hurt your brain, considering the Army Men:

It's a toy based off of a toy from a movie about toys.

EDIT: huh, the links stopped working....
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:50 pm

The same applies to every other Toy Story Lego set.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby legomatt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't believe anybody is actually confused. We're just sharing a light hearted chat and joke about a subject we all enjoy. The specific funny bit to which we are all commenting is how Lego has bought into a license to produce Lego toys of the toys in the film (which for the most part are almost-but-not-quite real toys from childhood), which may now itself appear to have placed Lego-like products in the film, meaning, in a very small way, Lego may end up making a lego-like lego set of not-quite lego (that is, if it does make a lego set of any toy story lego-like set if one appears in the film).

I thought for a brief moment, that the toy story truck might be based on a lego set.

No confusuion, just funny. :)
legomatt

Postby Big C » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 am

The sets aren't on TRU's site anymore.
Big C

Postby Jargon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 am

Solo wrote:OK, that one isn't even shown as one of the minifigures (only the bear and octopus is on the top of the box) so my guess is it's a built in driver in the toy dump truck in the movie, so it would be the same in the set. Unless the scale is waaaaaaaaaay off like the pickup I love, which would make it a human character in a real dump truck that this set is based off of. No confusion either way.

It's curious that neither the minifigure or Chunk are featured on top.
Jargon

Return to Finds/Deals