Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Knight's Kingdom

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Knight's Kingdom

Postby saq1995 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:10 am

Does anyone else very much miss the old Knight's Kingdom 2 sets from around 5 years back? I thought they were really creative ideas. The sets themselves were okay but I really liked the storyline and action figures.

Would TLC ever bring back Knight's Kingdom? I'd love to see some sets with the new Castle functions and pieces.
saq1995

Re: Knight's Kingdom

Postby Swoosh Factor » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 pm

I didn't particularly like them, the large figures just seemed like a contrived way of bridging the gap between bionicle and regular LEGO, and the 'rainbow warrior' knights were just plain silly. I think the fantasy era and upcoming kingdoms sets did far more to expand building possibilities (trolls, dwarves, dragons, wizards, jesters, etc.) while still retaining the look and feel of the original castle sets.
Swoosh Factor

Postby Draykov » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:37 pm

saq1995 wrote:Does anyone else very much miss the old Knight's Kingdom 2 sets from around 5 years back? I

Good riddance, I say. While it did provide us with some castley elements in unusual colors (which afford certain, interesting MOC possibilities), the line overall was lame. Case in point:

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Power Rangers meets Lord of the rings
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby saq1995 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 am

idk I guess I never really liked the realistic colors on newer Castle sets. I want my knights to be more like superheroes.
saq1995

Postby darthsantkuyl » Sat May 29, 2010 6:01 pm

saq1995 wrote:Does anyone else very much miss the old Knight's Kingdom 2 sets from around 5 years back?

nope not many useful elements or minifigs
I lost my glasses and all I got was this lousy Megablok
darthsantkuyl

Postby dWhisper » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:04 am

I liked the armor portions from the time, and some of the other accessories, but like others, didn't care for the He-Man sword. I also disliked the huge reliance on BURP-style parts and the overuse of Black, which has limited usefulness in most castle themes. Between it and Batman, I have more black bricks than I know what to do with.

Since then, Castle has gone back to its roots, and has gone through a much needed transformation, still having some of those story elements but capturing what made it such a good line in the first place.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Original Themes