Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Farewell

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: Farewell

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 am

Yeah, especially if you have a minifig of that worthless loser Jango Fett. Smash it with a sledgehammer then toss it into the garbage.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:41 am

Actually, I was going to take my Jango Fett, strap him to a bottle rocket and try to re-create the ATOC fight scene on Kamino. The sledge hammer will be reserved for my Cloud City Boba Fett. If only there was some way for others to talk me out of this madness! Perhaps a site hosting Lego SW forums?
UOldPirate

Postby Andi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 am

Or try this on highest level ;-)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am

Good riddens to you and all the mods. This site is a joke anyways. All these rules and restrictions blah blah blah. XD

Happy April Fool's Day. :)
Gooker1

Postby ~SpyFlops » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 am

Yeah, sure you're shutting the site down. When monkeys fly out of my bum.
~SpyFlops

Postby OOM-9 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey it's April 1st already... hmm. Anyway what I wanted to say is I will miss this site and all of you great people. Twas a good time here. :(
OOM-9

Postby Master_Z » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 pm

~SpyFlops wrote:Yeah, sure you're shutting the site down. When monkeys fly out of my bum.

yeah, have you seen Bruce almighty? That surely had to hurt!
Master_Z

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Well Well... I'm gone for a while and tada I find out the sites going down. This really makes me sad but I respect the admin's desicion on this and hope you guys don't lose sleep over this. I remember this site with all the jokes pointed at me. So I say Farewell FBTB and RIP. And for one last time I must do this :facepalm: .
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby puffdaddy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:I figured it was a gag due to the date. I knew this was a gag when I got to the part about Ace having another baby on the way. Sure, your wife let you anywhere near her 3 months after giving birth, and you two have energy for such activity? Shenanigans! :D

I think it's kind of obvious when you consider the fact that the Admins don't actually have lives ;) And I'm still pretty sure that Ace doesn't exist, instead he is a fabrication of the internet put here to keep the n00bs at bay.
puffdaddy

Postby nagauthier » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:I figured it was a gag due to the date. I knew this was a gag when I got to the part about Ace having another baby on the way. Sure, your wife let you anywhere near her 3 months after giving birth, and you two have energy for such activity? Shenanigans! :D

You'd be surprised what some people get up to. My sister-in-law and her sister are 8 months apart in age. Obviously the younger sister was born a little early, but her parents were still up to shenanigans within days of birth number one. Swear to the force I'm not making that up. I shudder when I think about it.
nagauthier

Postby Aharown » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:00 pm

This report, if true, is very sad. I've always enjoyed Lego, and Star Wars Lego has been my new interest for the last 2 years, and it would be sad to see the site go. :'(

On the other hand, considering today's date, if this report is not true, then well played, indeed! I was very much taken in.

Time will tell... ;)

Aaron
<><
Aharown

Postby Darth Kooku » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Well I'll admit , my heart sank a little when I read this news that the site will be no more. There is a great wealth of information on this site that takes a lot of effort to maintain. I appreciate all the work you and others do to keep it going.

Then I realized the opportunity this new change presents for me also: If you are getting out of the Lego game, SELL ME YOUR COLLECTION! I'll buy everything you have, except from the Power Miners theme. I didn't buy the "Power Miners theme" last year, and I'm still "not buying it". :P

To everything there is a seaon...enjoy your life in the new season.
Darth Kooku

Postby thepatient » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm

In protest of this site shutting down I will forever use the term...LEGOS.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Stay cool!
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby twentythree » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 pm

If the end of FBTB is truly happening then it is quite a sickening coincidence that the announcement was less than an hour into the day known as "April Fools". If it isn't true then the prank is just (in my best GEICO caveman voice) NOT COOL!!!
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby Dendo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm

In related news, I've decided to sell all mu LEGO on eBay and start buying playmobile sets...
Dendo

Postby yankeeken » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:23 pm

ThinkingImpaired wrote:Well it's about damnn time!

QFT

FBTB should have been shut down years ago. Everyone knows that Mega Bloks are the best.
yankeeken

Postby ~Sith~ » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Even if your message isn't true, it's still sad. Anyways, open up the forums tomorrow.
- ~Sith~ :D

My YT Lego Animation Account: www.youtube.com/ZhaoPao
~Sith~

Postby stevenli » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree....I liked the Power Miners take over theme last year better. Much more cool and subtle. This one tugged on our strings a bit too heavily
stevenli

Postby scandell » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:31 pm

I keep checking back to MAKE SURE this isn't true. :(
scandell

PreviousNext

Return to Community Features