Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Hero Factory Villains Unveiled

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

LEGO Hero Factory Villains Unveiled

Postby Staff » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 am

I received the following assets from LEGO regarding their new Hero Factory line. Introducing the Villains! Click through to get a description of each villain. Hero Factory is set to debut in August, so I can only assume that the Villains will be available on or around the same time. Prices were not included in the press kit, but will probably range from $7.99 for the basic figures to $49.99 for the largest kit.

7145 Von Nebula 7147 XPlode 7148 Meltdown 7156 Corroder 7157 Thunder 7158 Furno Bike 7160 Drop Ship 7162 Rotor

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/03/22/lego-hero-factory-villains-unveiled/
Staff

Re: LEGO Hero Factory Villains Unveiled

Postby fredjh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 am

Yeah... I was really disappointed at the cancellation of Bionicle (not for me, but it was the LEGO my son liked the most) until I saw some preliminaries of this... My son never played the LEGO storyline with the figures, he always just thought they were cool. These are essentially the same thing, only a bit more "fleshed" out, and I think they're pretty cool.
fredjh

Postby meeotch » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:48 am

I really like the look of these guys, a lot more so than the Heroes. Although I do have a word of advice for whoever writes up the little bios over at LEGO: they can't all be "one of Von Nebula's most feared servants." That's just boring.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Jargon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 am

I was thinking the same thing, meeotch.
After three or four such descriptions it starts sounding like a participation prize.
Nonetheless, the figures look cool, something I haven't said about Bionicle-style sets for a long time.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Daz Hoo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:47 am

Bionicle... Hero Factory... same difference, really...

Seriously, LEGO made a big fuss about ending the Bionicle line, but in reality, I guess they were just tired of the current storyline, so they decided to make another one, because apart from being a little more beefier, there isn't that much of a difference in the sets IMHO...
Daz Hoo

Postby fredjh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 am

Beefier... better than "fleshed out."

Yes, it's just beefier Bionicles... I like it.
fredjh

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

Looks like Bionicle crossed with Transformers 2.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby irmasturcheeflol » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Wow, these actually look great still not as cool as old school BIONICLE villains like the bohrock but still great. Meltdown also reminds me of my favorite mini robot on those robo-rider wheels http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32357, man they should really bring robo-riders back I had all of them.
Series 1: Cowboy, Indian, Clown, Diver, Spaceman, Zombie, Robot, Forestman, Skater.
irmasturcheeflol

Postby Draykov » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:Bionicle... Hero Factory... same difference, really...

Seriously, LEGO made a big fuss about ending the Bionicle line, but in reality, I guess they were just tired of the current storyline, so they decided to make another one, because apart from being a little more beefier, there isn't that much of a difference in the sets IMHO...

Werd. Had they released these as "Bionicle" I never would have disputed it.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Jargon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 pm

The difference that I notice between these and the previous Bionicle figures is that these seem to have more of a technic feel included. This may be placebo, but it seems to be there to me.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby pr0visorak » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 am

Its sad to see bionicle go. I hope this new lego line will live up to the legacy bionicle left behind. :)
pr0visorak

Postby Robzula » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I hope they make as excellent of a story as they did with Bionicle (up until the Bara Magna stuff, I can see why they wanted to quit, it was just getting too huge).
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby theJudeAbides » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 am

These differ from Bionicle how?

Seriously, why can't LEGO make cool bots out of regular LEGO like they did back in the day. Seriously, those two bots could pretty much kick every single Bionicle ever's sarlacc without even breaking a sweat! Throw in this Spyrius Robot and maybe this Robo Stalker, and the battles over before it begins.

Cripes, even the Exoforce line could stomp them.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby BRANDON » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:29 am

Yeah... I was really disappointed at the cancellation I really like the look of these guys, a lot more so than the Heroes.
A villain is an evil character in a story, whether a historical narrative or, especially, a work of fiction.
BRANDON

Return to Original Themes