Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The sarlacc Model Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

The sarlacc Model Contest

Postby onions » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 pm

The sarlacc Model Contest - Alternate Separatist Shuttle Model

Update 3/7: Some rules are clarified below.

The Requirements: You must own one (1) copy of 8036 Separatist Shuttle. Build an alternate model using elements only from this set. The use of stickers is left to your own discretion. You may use as many or as few pieces from the set as you wish. Your sarlacc Model must be minifig scale and fit a pilot. The pilot can be any of the minifigs from the set. Your alternate model must be a flying vessel, i.e. an airship or a starship. Open canopy designs are okay usa. You may only submit one model. If you have leftover pieces that you can build something with, hooray! But you can't submit the second model as part of your entry.

The Twist: The one thing that 8036 is lacking is a proper canopy piece. You may add one and only one windscreen of your choice. The windscreen may be any official LEGO element that is in a transparent color. Trans-clear, trans-black, trans-yellow, it's completely up to you. The additional canopy piece is a requirement to the build.

How to Enter: Submit a photo of your sarlacc Model to both the FBTB: flickr Outpost pool and as a reply to this thread. In flickr, your photo must be tagged with "sarlacc Model", with quotes, to be eligible. You may submit as many photos as you wish to the flickr pool, but only one photo in your reply to this thread. No photoshopped special effects will be allowed for your entry. Image alteration is limited to image correction only, i.e. color balance, brightness/contrast, levels, etc. You may remove the background in order to isolate your model.

Submission Deadline: You have until 11:59pm PDT March 31, 2010 to submit your entry to the pool and to post a response to this thread. Any submissions received after that will not qualify.

Voting: Voting will occur in two phases. Phase I will take place from April 2 through 12. The top 5 will continue on to Phase II, which will take place from April 13 through 23. The winner will be declared on April 24.

Prize Package: The grand prize winner will receive a copy of 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter brand new in box.

Eligibility: Like every other contest I run, this contest is open to everyone in the world. And I promise you, it won't take a year to deliver your prize if you happen to live in, say, Sweden.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post to this thread.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: The sarlacc Model Contest

Postby Firespray » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Ooooh this is going to be fun :lol:
Firespray

Postby Jargon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 pm

I love the cheeky title here and definitely hope to enter.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby banthafodder » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

"Don't try to circumvent the word filter" Hmmmm, seems like we're not heeding our own advice ;)
banthafodder

Postby onions » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm not trying to circumvent anything.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:55 am

sarlacc sarlacc sarlacc ...edit...hmm... odd that only lower case gets filtered. I thought it was all clear. :facepalm:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Garbageman13 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am

Interesting contest idea. I don't own the set, but maybe I'll buy it just for this. :)
Garbageman13

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:11 am

Sounds like a great challenge :D
Diaaabo

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 am

Hmmm, maybe I'll bust open one of the ones I picked up on super secret probation sale and give this contest a shot.
MisterFubar

Postby MenacingVitamin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 am

Would it be legal here to break the figs and use those parts in the build?
MenacingVitamin

Postby onions » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:01 am

you can use the parts any way you wish. you just need to retain one minifig whole to use as a pilot, any of the minifigs.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm

I don't have the best quality camera...it's not like you're looking through a fogged window or anything, but looking at some of the other pictures uploaded by users, mine won't look anywhere as good as theirs. Do you require some sort of photo quality?

And great idea for a contest! Should be fun! :)
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby onions » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

all i can say is that a good picture of a terrible model will look better and be more appealing than a terrible picture of a good model. try your best. you want to make your model look as good as possible.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Can we use more than one 8036 set?
Diaaabo

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Diaaabo wrote:Can we use more than one 8036 set?

one (1) copy of 8036 Separatist Shuttle. Build an alternate model using elements only from this set.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Flynn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 pm

onions wrote:you can use the parts any way you wish. you just need to retain one minifig whole to use as a pilot, any of the minifigs.

Would it be allowed to mix 'n match the figures, or do you want one figure as-is from the set as the pilot?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm

I think I'll be okay, I'll probably just borrow my dad's cannon with its 325 different lenses lol.

So you we can submit as many photos as we want, however we have to choose say our favourite and tag that one as the one we hand in?

Also, if we build one with working functions, may we take a video and submit it showing off the functions?
KarolRabalski

Postby onions » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Flynn wrote:
onions wrote:you can use the parts any way you wish. you just need to retain one minifig whole to use as a pilot, any of the minifigs.

Would it be allowed to mix 'n match the figures, or do you want one figure as-is from the set as the pilot?

you can mix and match, but your resulting pilot must be a minifig, i.e. a head, torso, two arms and legs. no attaching a torso to a brick and calling it a droid.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

KarolRabalski wrote:I think I'll be okay, I'll probably just borrow my dad's cannon with its 325 different lenses lol.

So you we can submit as many photos as we want, however we have to choose say our favourite and tag that one as the one we hand in?

Also, if we build one with working functions, may we take a video and submit it showing off the functions?

good grief.

you must submit at least one picture to the pool. said another way, you can submit as many photos as you want to the pool, those photos should be tagged "sarlacc Model". If you submit 100 pictures, chances are a mod is only going to let a handful into the pool.

you must also submit one picture as a reply to this thread. you may link the image to your flickr set.

if you have video, you can submit it to the pool. good luck trying to embed a video in bb code.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for answering my question, and sorry to be annoying!
KarolRabalski

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds