Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Target MINIs Appearing

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Target MINIs Appearing

Postby Tyrant » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am

Target stores across the U.S. are starting to clear out their Valentine's holiday section and prepping for Easter. Some forum regulars are reporting that they have been able to purchase two new LEGO Star Wars MINI sets, 30050 Republic Attack Shuttle and 30051 X-wing Fighter. My local stores were in the middle of the reset so stock may be rolling in by the end of the week at the latest. In addition to the LEGO themed polybags, there are also some CITY and Duplo sets. YMMV.

Oh, and I so called it.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/16/target-minis-appearing/
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Re: TRU 20% off Sale On New Sets

Postby BlueDragonZ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 am

Tyrant wrote:What are the 2010 polybag sets?

The 2010 Polybag sets are easter promotion mini LEGO sets. I'm guessing its probably an easter set.
Last edited by BlueDragonZ on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueDragonZ

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Wrong. They aren't Easter bunnies. It's the X-wing and Republic Attack Shuttle minis, some Duplo farm sets (5 different sets, each with 3 bricks and an animal or farmer), and some city sets I haven't seen yet.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby jzyg » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm

jzyg

Postby Tyrant » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Wrong. They aren't Easter bunnies. It's the X-wing and Republic Attack Shuttle minis, some Duplo farm sets (5 different sets, each with 3 bricks and an animal or farmer), and some city sets I haven't seen yet.

Any info on those City sets you mention or are they a total mystery?
jzyg wrote:Links for fun:
30050 Republic Attack Shuttle
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30050-1

30051 X-Wing
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30051-1

Thanks for the links to the pics. I figured it was something like this but I wasn't sure which sets they actually were.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Tyrant wrote:Any info on those City sets you mention or are they a total mystery?

All I saw at my local Target was a shelf tag, and I couldn't even get the DCPI off of it because the tag had a big smear in the middle of it. So, other than seeing that it's a City set that's only for Easter, I can't say anything else about them. Once I see anything else, I'll post about it, but I'll bet somebody will beat me to it.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Target MINIs Appearing

Postby Staff » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Target stores across the U.S. are starting to clear out their Valentine's holiday section and prepping for Easter. Some forum regulars are reporting that they have been able to purchase two new LEGO Star Wars MINI sets, 30050 Republic Attack Shuttle and 30051 X-wing Fighter. My local stores were in the middle of the reset so stock may be rolling in by the end of the week at the latest. In addition to the LEGO themed polybags, there are also some CITY and Duplo sets. YMMV.

Oh, and I so called it.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/16/target-minis-appearing/
Staff

Re: Target MINIs Appearing

Postby fredjh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 am

I built the X-Wing from the Instructions a while ago; I didn't have all the parts in the right colors, but it still came looking about a billion times better than the X-Wing mini from the original mini releases. I'll probably pick up a bunch. I'd love to see what the city sets are, and I'd love to hear from anyone in my neck of the woods on whether or not they've seen them... normally I'd be able to check it out on Wednesday night, but the wife's working and I'm chauffeur for both kids instead of just one.

I will get the chance tomorrow, but it would be nice to know I'm not wasting my time.
fredjh

Postby gageray » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 am

The City sets are a boat with a police minifig and an ATV with a firefighter minifig. I picked up one of each last night for the kids Easter baskets. There were no Star Wars sets when I visited, but a there was a spot for them.
gageray

Postby Tyrant » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:05 pm

gageray wrote:The City sets are a boat with a police minifig and an ATV with a firefighter minifig. I picked up one of each last night for the kids Easter baskets. There were no Star Wars sets when I visited, but a there was a spot for them.

Thanks for the info. I will have to look for those.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 pm

I was slightly incorrect on my Duplo information - I took a look at the two that I picked up for my oldest (she'll be 2 in April) and they are the same set number - there are pics of the 4 animals and the farmer on the polybag, each one has a ? next to it - so you can choose which figure you get, whether it's man, beast, or man's best friend.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby natespizer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 pm

My local target only had out the duplo sets.

I missed out on the mini sets last year because I waited too long, I won't let that happen again.
natespizer

Postby Crusader » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 am

What I don't understand is why Target seems to burn through these so fast. They always seem to sell out weeks in advance of whatever holiday they're for, especially the Star Wars ones. I realize that Target designates them as seasonal even though most of the sets have nothing to do with the season at hand, so they want to move them out fast. But there is always loads of unsold stuff at the end of every season, so clearly they plan on being overstocked. It seems like the purchaser at Target need to add an extra zero to their seasonal polybags order.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby jedi_master_sal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 am

Are these in the dollar sections or the Easter section? I was at two Targets last night and looked in the dollar sections and didn't find these. I'm looking for one of those SW shuttles.
jedi_master_sal

Postby natespizer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 am

They are in the regular Easter section in green bin like sections neat all of the other random Easter basket filler stuff.

I found the tags at my Target, and will be checking again tonight to see if they have been stocked yet.
natespizer

Postby fredjh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

I am REALLY impressed now. Talk about price/piece... the shuttle has 54 pieces, the X-Wing has 61 pieces, and they were only $3.50/each. I didn't clean them out, I'm not that mean, but I got several of each.

Sadly, no city minis in sight.

I'll repeat what I said about the X-Wing, though... I built one from the instructions earlier, but didn't have all the right parts, and even with some substitutions it was far and away nicer than the original mini.

Edit: both came with a lot of extra pieces, too... I think like 5 each.

Edit 2 (for jedi master sal): not in the cheap holiday bins near the registers, not in the LEGO section... they were all the way in the "holiday" section which now has Easter stuff.
fredjh

Postby KitFisto » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Still no sight of them in North Central CT. But by the looks of things I'm going to assume they'll be out this weekend (hopefully).

*fingers crossed*
KitFisto

Postby fredjh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:00 am

I found them in another Target in my area; this Target also had the City ones, so I was able to get them, too.

I hate to derail the thread, but it really boggles the mind, now, how the larger sets are being priced so high. I mean, the Star Wars minis are coming in at less than $0.06 per piece (X-Wing, about $0.065 for the shuttle). The City minis, with far fewer pieces, include a minifigure. When you think the LEGO stores are selling packs of three build-your-own for $10, that you get a minifigure AND a little vehicle for $3.00 is simply amazing. I realize that with build-your-own, you actually get to, you know, build your own; but it seems like a great deal, even more-so when you consider it's an exclusive.
fredjh

Postby Puddleglum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

Still waiting in Manassas, all the Valentines Day leftover clearance stuff is on the shelf they use for the seasonal toy bins, they said they won't set it up until more of the V-Day stuff is gone.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby solo606 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I stopped at my Target in the North Suburbs of Chicago.
They had all the sets and a fully decked out easter aisle.

solo606

Next

Return to Finds/Deals