Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

NEW SETS SPOTTED! (Winter 2010 Edition)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: NEW SETS SPOTTED! (Winter 2010 Edition)

Postby clonefactory » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Walmart Canada

I was at two local stores today and they both had display plans up for new SW Lego for the 11th. They also had plans up for every other brand as well so should be some good pickins next week. :)
clonefactory

Postby hatcher » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Barrie Ontario, Canada

Was in Walmart and TRU today.

First Walmart. They had most, if not all of the new Star Wars, Toy Story, Atlantis, and Ben Ten sets. Next to nothing else (they were pretty cleaned out before Christmas). They were following the usual pattern of being a couple of cents less than MSRP.

TRU had all the Toy Story, Altantis and Ben Ten, as well as some of the new City (I couldn't tell you which ones, my kids and I only had a few minutes to check it out). No new Star Wars. Not sure, but the prices seemed to be around MSRP. What I found odd was they had NO Indiana Jones, no Pirates, no Castle, no Star Wars at all except for the Home one and Anakins Y-Wing and very few City, Creator or other sets. Admittedly I haven't been in there since the week before Christmas, so they may have just sold it all, but still, considering how much they had before, I found it very odd.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby MShiels » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Weird thing at our local Walmart was the shrinkage of the LEGO aisle - about 1/2 the size it was all of last year. A huge chunk to MEGABLOKs disney/halo stuff. Down to maybe 12 feet wide I think now and that's it. Oouch! And they had a tiny bit of th enew stock, but kinda just thrown on the shelf, not organized etc. I assumed they were supposed to do it after they redid the shelfs, but someone just opened all the cases/tossed it on anywhere!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby yankeeken » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:02 pm

My local Walmart also severely cut the size of its LEGO aisle. They also didn't have any new LEGO sets. Luckily, I was able to get their last midi-scale Falcon though.
yankeeken

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Spotted 1 of each of the Toy story sets minus construct a zurg and woddy round up.
Their shelve is empty and still has not been stocked with mega bloks and misorganize shelves.

At toysrus, it was a bit better. They had tons of Lego city but pretty much everything is still wiped clean. No Star Wars, No Castle, No Indiana Jones, No Pirates, No Power Miners, pretty much nothing except for 1 Ben 10 set, 5 atlantis, 10-20 assorted toy story sets, a few techic and thats all.

Is it me or Canadian retailers haven't really been stocking up on lego after the holiday? Everything is so bare empty and its almost 3 weeks after Xmas.
BlueDragonZ

Postby MShiels » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:59 am

Well we still, have tons of 2009 stock if anyone is in the area, one of the things we always do is overstock. but this year LEGO stopped shipping stock to us around mid November I think (and that was just a tiny bit of stuff), so stocks were very low this year. That coupled with the recession/chains were keeping things tighter for less risk I bet.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:11 pm

MShiels wrote:but this year LEGO stopped shipping stock to us around mid November I think (and that was just a tiny bit of stuff), so stocks were very low this year.

Thats what I seem to see too. The Zellers I go to often stocked up with lots of lego during novemeber. After somewhere around mid novemeber, stock were starting to run low. When Christmas is almost here, no lego is left. Its the same for other retailers. I think its only canada that lego stop shiping stock during mid november. The states seems to be better.
BlueDragonZ

Postby winbrant » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

BlueDragonZ wrote:Is it me or Canadian retailers haven't really been stocking up on lego after the holiday? Everything is so bare empty and its almost 3 weeks after Xmas.

TRU Canada and Wal*Mart typically do an inventory cycle mid-January (at least the ones that I go to here in Western Canada AND talking to employees). For Wal*Mart this goes hand-in-hand with the new plan-o-grams that are starting to surface. As part of that they try to have minimal stock and hand and tend to "suspend" deliveries for this period to limit their "on-shelf" numbers.
winbrant

Postby ricefields » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Walmart Canada

aurora, as of thursday jan 7 last week, most 2010 star wars were on the shelf (adding to the atlantis and ben 10 that were already there). US members thinking the prices are high, but lego is back to their old practice of bumping up the cdn msrp by using ratios of 1.4 for at least 2 sets. eg. $25usd sets are now $35cdn whereas they used to be $30cdn. And I don't think cdn dollar has dropped relative to the euro or the US dollar when these sets were manufactured. Back when sets were mfg, rate was probably 1.08cdn=1 usd. Now its 1.03 so best bet is to buy in US. Even at 25% off in canada, you are still paying higher than US msrp!! You have to find sales of 30% off to beat the us msrp and exchange rate, which is impossible without stacking some other discount, waiting for clearance, or buying volumes in wholesale (30-40% off).

richmond hill, mostly empty shelves with some midi falcons left

zellers, richmond hill - they had most of the 2010 sets out 1 week before christmas but were all sold out before christmas - have not restocked yet
ricefields

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:06 pm

ricefields wrote:Walmart Canada
US members thinking the prices are high, but lego is back to their old practice of bumping up the cdn msrp by using ratios of 1.4 for at least 2 sets. eg. $25usd sets are now $35cdn whereas they used to be $30cdn. And I don't think cdn dollar has dropped relative to the euro or the US dollar when these sets were manufactured. Back when sets were mfg, rate was probably 1.08cdn=1 usd. Now its 1.03 so best bet is to buy in US. Even at 25% off in canada, you are still paying higher than US msrp!! You have to find sales of 32% off to beat the us msrp, which is impossible without stacking some other discount or buying volumes in wholesale (40% off).

It is really ridilous here. Don't forget to add on taxes to that. LEGO were slowly lowering CAD prices like $26.99 to $24.99 and $12.99 to $11.99 and $69.99 to $64.99. Well now all these sets are either back to the old pricing or even higher. I was expecting $25 usd sets to be $30 as it seems more appriopriate. When i saw toysrus had these sets for $35 i thought they just marked it up. But can't belive msrp is $35. Even battle packs are now $15. The 1.4X pricing use to be a few years ago when the Candian dollar was weak. $1 CAD = $1.5 USD. But lego just keeps bumping the prices. And sales with 25%+ off are usually very rare. Toysrus here usually only go for 20% and never something like Buy 2 Get 1 Free. Toysrus is probably not going to mark stuff too high now cause they are already high prices already.
BlueDragonZ

Postby solo606 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am

I just picked up Luke's Land Speeder at Wal-Mart in the North Suburbs of Chicago.
solo606

Postby Marty » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

HI there! Great news, spotted all Toy story range and new Starwars sets at Big W, yesterday, everything except the landspeeder, (This was what I was after?) gorram!
If Anyone in Australia spots it, drop me a message thanks.
Marty

Postby Ted495 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Landspeeder should be available to ship from S@H, mine just shipped.
Ted495

Postby jedi_master_sal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:31 am

yankeeken wrote:My local Walmart also severely cut the size of its LEGO aisle. They also didn't have any new LEGO sets. Luckily, I was able to get their last midi-scale Falcon though.

Is that Falcon worth it? I was so on the fence about this one. I bought the larger scale version awhile back. (Not sure which version, but it had the "realistic" faces, not the yellow ones) That set was great, but I don't have room to display it. This smaller version would be perfect.

How was the build? Difficult? Take a long time? Is it accurate? What the price again?

Any help would be nice, it might get me to climb over the fence to the other side.
jedi_master_sal

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am

jedi_master_sal wrote:
yankeeken wrote:My local Walmart also severely cut the size of its LEGO aisle. They also didn't have any new LEGO sets. Luckily, I was able to get their last midi-scale Falcon though.

Is that Falcon worth it? I was so on the fence about this one. I bought the larger scale version awhile back. (Not sure which version, but it had the "realistic" faces, not the yellow ones) That set was great, but I don't have room to display it. This smaller version would be perfect.

How was the build? Difficult? Take a long time? Is it accurate? What the price again?

Any help would be nice, it might get me to climb over the fence to the other side.

Kinda getting off topic here but.. The price is $40 USD. But they had a recent sale where you can get them for $25 each. It is pretty accurate. Please read this review from staff over here.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2647
BlueDragonZ

Postby Darth Omen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:51 pm

I picked up a Republic Swamp Speeder at the TRU in Kennesaw, GA (north Metro Atlanta) this afternoon. They had about 6 left after me. They also had lots of X-wings, but I don't recall if they had any of the other Star Wars sets.

I also picked up the last Landspeeder at the south Acworth Super WalMart (north metro Atlanta) last week. I haven't seen any since.
Darth Omen

Postby jedi_master_sal » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:15 am

BlueDragonZ wrote:
jedi_master_sal wrote:

Kinda getting off topic here but.. The price is $40 USD. But they had a recent sale where you can get them for $25 each. It is pretty accurate. Please read this review from staff over here.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2647

Thanks Blue. apologies for getting off topic. Thanks to Yankee for sending me a PM about this set and forwarding the review link as well.

I've now been convinced to buy this set. Hopefully I can still find it.

I've seen the new Hoth army building sets three times now. Bought one each of the Hoth Rebels and Snowtroopers, though I'm thinking I should buy more of the snowtrooper sets.
jedi_master_sal

Postby solo606 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:45 am

Darth Omen wrote:I picked up a Republic Swamp Speeder at the TRU in Kennesaw, GA (north Metro Atlanta) this afternoon. They had about 6 left after me. They also had lots of X-wings, but I don't recall if they had any of the other Star Wars sets.

I also picked up the last Landspeeder at the south Acworth Super WalMart (north metro Atlanta) last week. I haven't seen any since.

Which x-wing did they have? Set number?
solo606

Postby Andi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am

No one knows anything about the Landspeeder here in Germany.
They only know that very many people want it.
It is still not listed at Shop at home (despite being in the January catalog) and in the Lego Store they told me today, that they hope to know a little bit more in early February.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby winbrant » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Local area WM here in Canada finished their re-set and new 2010 LEGO starting to show up...they had all the new SW sets except for the Landspeeder. Toy Story LEGO ended up beside the regular Toy Story toys an aisle away.

Local area TRU just had inventory and staff indicated that not expecting their first truck from out East (TRU Canada distribution center)until the end of the month...and me with $10 off LEGO purchases over %50 coupons that expire at the end of the month.
winbrant

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals