Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7754 Home One On Sale TRU.com

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

7754 Home One On Sale TRU.com

Postby Staff » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 pm

If you were out of luck trying to cash in on the $30 discount on the Toys'R'Us exclusive 7754 Home One set last week, you can try your luck online. Right now you can order the seticon for $73.69, down from $109.99. There's tax and shipping, but you can save on tax if you use Google Checkout. There was some concern about Google Checkout and tax, since the invoice that is emailed to you has the tax added in, but the final charge on your credit card bill should show the correct amount. No telling if this is simply a mistake, an oversight, or a undocumented feature, but it should still work as far as I know.

Thanks to Ted495 for the tip.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/01/07/7754-home-one-on-sale-tru-com/
Staff

Re: 7754 <em>Home One</em> On Sale TRU.com

Postby BossMaroni » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:10 am

According to this week's newspaper ad, it's on sale for that price in-store as well.

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/ToysRus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&promotioncode=ToysRus-100108&DisplayPageNumber=1
----------
Lee
"It's time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee in ZOMBIELAND
BossMaroni

Postby Ted495 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 am

Well I can tell you from walking into the store, and then calling customer service from inside the store, they would not give me the deal.

I was already mad enough to never shop at TRU again because I thought it was stupid, and now I'm not even sure what to do. I definitely think I'm going to call up and ask for free shipping given this.
Ted495

Postby onions » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 pm

yeah, good luck with free shipping. :roll:

you could just print out the ad from the link BossMaroni provided and take it with you to the TRU. skip customer service, just go straight to the cashier, or scan it under one of those price checkers. the sale price should come up automagically.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Prince Kahuka » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 pm

When did you go to TRU Ted? It may have been on sale online earlier, but the in-store ad didn't start until today.
Prince Kahuka

Postby etcknight » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 pm

[quote=staff]There's tax and shipping, but you can save on tax if you use Google Checkout. There was some concern about Google Checkout and tax, since the invoice that is emailed to you has the tax added in, but the final charge on your credit card bill should show the correct amount. No telling if this is simply a mistake, an oversight, or a undocumented feature, but it should still work as far as I know.

Are you sure about the Google Checkout saving on tax? As far as I know, I got charged the full amount and tax when I checked my credit card bill.

EDIT:
I spoke a little to soon. I rechecked my credit card statement. In fact, Staff is correct. When I purchased Home One via Google Checkout - I DID save on shipping in the end. Nice! :cool:
etcknight

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 am

I didn't really mind paying full price for that set. It's a great display, has great minifigs and I love the new A-Wing... For that price I'm half tempted to pick up a second one.
MisterFubar

Postby MShiels » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 pm

ONLINE is now sold out, dang!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby Ted495 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:18 pm

There are tons in my store, I would assume most stores are stocked.

I stopped by today since I happened to be over there and the customer service person said that since I was in there on the 7th and the sale started the 8th for it, this is why I wouldn't be eligible for sale. The best part was the sale sign for it was on the lowest shelf (3 inches off the floor shelf), and not on any of the shelves the face out into the aisle, so at first I thought they didn't even know about the sale.

TRU just seems so poorly run. They clearly want to sell these things, the sale signs should be all over the place so that they can move them out of inventory fast.
Ted495

Postby youpunk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 am

It looks like Home One is in stock again at TRU.com. In addition, it looks like TRU.com has lowered some of their prices back to MSRP or near to it.
youpunk

Postby Lord Startender » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 pm

I purchased two of these threw google checkout while it was on sale, and on my credit card statement it shows I was charged the sales tax
Lord Startender

Return to Finds/Deals