Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

News item comments on frontpage

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

News item comments on frontpage

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 am

(Talking about the small "No comments>>" and "3 comments>>" links under each story posting on the main fbtb.net page.)

If you click one, you go to a page with just the story and a "You must log in to post a comment" blurb. Clicking that link takes you to a WordPress login screen, but the regular FBTB forum login doesn't seem to work there. I imagine we need to create a separate WordPress login to comment, yeah? But there doesn't actually seem to be any way to register unless I'm just not seeing it...

m19
Morgan19

Re: News item comments on frontpage

Postby Septemris » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 am

I tried searching for a way to register too, but found nothing. Either it's not there or we're too old for these gadgets. :P
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby Joedward » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 am

It's only for Staff. Ry says so.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 am

Correct. For now the mainpage comments are for staff members only, however it may be opened to members in the future. It would require you to set up a profile on our Wordpress if we decide to go that route.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 am

It's too bad you couldn't somehow tie the posts/comments to the "Community Features" forum. So that when you post a new story, a thread is automatically created for comments relating to the post. I don't know if this is something that is even possible, but it would be cool if it was.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Chief » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 am

theJudeAbides wrote:It's too bad you couldn't somehow tie the posts/comments to the "Community Features" forum. So that when you post a new story, a thread is automatically created for comments relating to the post. I don't know if this is something that is even possible, but it would be cool if it was.

It's possible, and it's coming :)
Chief

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:48 am

Solo wrote:... it may be opened to members in the future.
Strike that, Wordpress comments will just be for staff, we've got something forum based tor everyone else.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Fair enough, that makes sense. It's just confusing that everyone can get to the login screen and attempt to login, if it's intended for staff only.

(Sorry for carrying this on in the "Feedback" thread too; I'd made this before the BCS was open to everyone.)

m19
Morgan19

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

No worries, there may be a way to hide the login link so as to avoid such confusion.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Suggestions