Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Using Wordpress accounts to log in

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Using Wordpress accounts to log in

Postby liquidcross » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 pm

On the main page, you need to register in order to comment. Since FBTB runs on Wordpress software, is there any way to allow existing Wordpress account holders to use the same credentials here? It would make things easier, I'd think.

Just my $0.02!
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Re: Using Wordpress accounts to log in

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 pm

I'd brought it up as well; the answer was that comments on the main page news stories are for staff only.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Big C » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Yep, staff only. Sorry. :)
Big C

Postby dWhisper » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 pm

There's no easy mechanism to share logins on the setup we're currently using. Instead, our plan is to set posts to create topics in the Community Features section, and then push comments through there. Stay tuned, eventually we'll get it in there...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 am

to elaborate a little bit, i was going to attempt to use this software mod called WP-United, but it was buggy, unstable, and abandoned by the original developer. someone recently has picked it up to further the development but it wasn't at a stable point for me to be comfortable enough to launch with.

we also decided to turn off registrations for wordpress because that would fragment discussion to two different outlets and the last thing we needed was yet another forum to manage and moderate.

we tried to use this wp plugin called wp2bb while sounded good on paper, had a few issues i was unable to debug; so it's been abandoned.. for now anyways. we're investigating other options. this is something we definitely want to make happen; it's just a matter of finding the right solution.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Suggestions