Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Theme Ideas

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas 2010

Postby ShockZap » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Erahtapivar wrote:
ShockZap wrote:I'm a fan of the Alex Rider series, and I was in Target the other day and purchased Crocodile Tears. That got me thinking. LEGO Alex Rider sets would be awesome! I've already thought of some sets!

Shark Battle (from Skeleton Key)
Set: Stalagmites and stalagtites that close at a push of a button, mechinism that opens a trapdoor.
Minifigs: Alex Rider (in scuba gear), shark, 2 CIA agents
Number of pieces: 200
Price: $25.00

I am also a fan of Alex Rider, and would love to see some LEGO Alex Rider, but I think that the line would interfere with the LEGO Agents line. I mean, I would really like to see the oil rig (from Snakehead) or Point Blanc (from...Point Blank)

Couldn't argee more.
Rook wrote:Not sure if anyone has said this Licensed Theme. When I was little kid (in the 80's) my parents wouldn't buy me Transformers, so I'd love to see TLC sign up Transformers. I'd buy everyone just to make up for all those years of not ever owning a Transformer. :D
Nice Idea, but I can think of many reasons why LEGO wouldn't be able to do that:
1) Hasbro would get mad, because they own Transformers.
2) Probably too inappropiate for kids
3) Umm, don't Transformers need to transform?
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby Coret » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 pm

You mean to tell me you have never seen someone MOC a Transformer before? They do transform.....
Coret

Postby meeotch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Do a search on Flickr for Orion Pax's models. He has some sweet G1 Transformers that transform.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby ShockZap » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Coret wrote:You mean to tell me you have never seen someone MOC a Transformer before? They do transform.....

No, I have. I just think taht TLG wouldn't do that elaborate stuff.
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:21 am

Rook wrote:Not sure if anyone has said this Licensed Theme. When I was little kid (in the 80's) my parents wouldn't buy me Transformers, so I'd love to see TLC sign up Transformers. I'd buy everyone just to make up for all those years of not ever owning a Transformer. :D

Or, you could, you know, buy a Transformer.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Robzula » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Transformers these days are based off the god awful movie version or the new overly anime cartoon versions. I, too, am kicking myself for not being a fan earlier.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Coret » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:12 pm

ShockZap wrote:
Coret wrote:You mean to tell me you have never seen someone MOC a Transformer before? They do transform.....

No, I have. I just think taht TLG wouldn't do that elaborate stuff.

Why wouldn't they? I mean if they are going to go to the trouble of picking up the line (which I doubt they ever would) then they would at least go to the trouble of making transforming LEGO sets.
Coret

Postby Robzula » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:20 pm

He's saying the theme wouldn't be picked up because it would have to be too elaborate for LEGO to want to do.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Flynn » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I doubt LEGO would ever do an liscensed Transformers theme, but transforming LEGO sets isn't all that unrealistic. The Alpha Team ice theme had a transforming gimmick, with a couple really remarkable sets, as well as a number of "transforming" sets in various themes.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Marty » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:44 am

I know I've written on this thread earlier, but here's a few more to add to the list, there is the Gerry Anderson series
Thunderbirds, Stringray & Captain Scarlet, oldies but goodies none the less.
Then there's Blake 7, and Ghostbusters or better yet scoobie doo?
I always liked wacky races myself the aunt hill mob was my Fav.
I also thought about making small sets based on famous novels, Time Machine, Jeckel & Hide, Tarzan, Treasure Island, they could even include the novel?
But in terms of themes, I think Lego has overlooked an old time divers theme, it has a lot of potential.
As too a Christmas Carol theme for an Advent calendar perhaps in a Sponge Bob theme?

Regards Marty
Marty

Postby Draykov » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:26 am

My introduction to Thunderbirds was actually "Thunderbirds 2086," the English language/bastardized version of Japan's Scientific Rescue Team Techno Voyager series (which was, itself, loosely based on the old Brit Thunderbirds series). I loved it. I was never really into Lord Crappington's Space Puppets, but the vehicles and their roles bore some similarities to the ones I was familiar with, so that appeals to me.

I've long been a supporter of the idea that LEGO should do an original line that more or less rips off the Thunderbirds concept.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby slicer87 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am

After seeing James Cameron's Avatar I think LEGO can make some great sets based on the movie. I know I would buy them. (edit)
Last edited by slicer87 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST=CT
slicer87

Postby meeotch » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:41 pm

It's probably been suggested a million times, but after seeing this video on Geekologie, I was thinking a classic Nintendo franchise license would be pretty cool. There'd have to be Mario, Zelda, Mega Man (imagine the minifig possibilities for all the bad guys!), and Metroid sub-themes, and probably others that escape me right now.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 pm

slicer87 wrote:After seeing Avatar I think LEGO can make some great sets based on the movie. I know I would buy them.

Lego made avatar before but it wasn't really successful. It would be great if they make some new avatar sets though.
BlueDragonZ

Postby Solo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Image
Solo

Postby dane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 am

meeotch wrote:It's probably been suggested a million times, but after seeing this video on Geekologie, I was thinking a classic Nintendo franchise license would be pretty cool. There'd have to be Mario, Zelda, Mega Man (imagine the minifig possibilities for all the bad guys!), and Metroid sub-themes, and probably others that escape me right now.

That's what I suggested a few months back! Wouldn't that be the best theme? The only problem is if the theme was just "Nintendo" they wouldn't be able to produce enough sets to satisfy me! I would want a theme specifically for Mario, one for Donkey Kong (more so Donkey Kong Country if you used to play those), definitely one just for Zelda, and I don't know how well that would sell. I can tell you one thing, I would be buying every single one of them, that's for sure! Goomba battle packs! I can only imagine!
dane

Postby theJudeAbides » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 am

meeotch wrote:It's probably been suggested a million times, but after seeing this video on Geekologie, I was thinking a classic Nintendo franchise license would be pretty cool. There'd have to be Mario, Zelda, Mega Man (imagine the minifig possibilities for all the bad guys!), and Metroid sub-themes, and probably others that escape me right now.

Not to burst your bubble or disparage your idea (I'm all for Nintendo licensed sets), but Mega Man is not owned by Nintendo, but by Capcom. This means it would require a separate license, which makes his inclusion unlikely.

I have long wondered why LEGO hasn't pursued a Nintendo license, given that both company's products generally appeal to the same younger audience. Plus, AFOLs would be into it as well. Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and others would have a huge appeal to a very large audience, almost to the degree that Star Wars does. Plus, one has to imagine that a "LEGO Super Mario Bros." game would be forthcoming as well, which means the "mutual license" would allow for large profit on both sides.

As for Capcom and Mega Man, I doubt such a license would be all that profitable for LEGO. As much as I love the Blue Bomber, he really isn't that big with the kids anymore. Just look at where he's been the last few years: Being put into "old school" Mega Man 9 and 10 (Coming this year!!) games which appeal far more to old-school Mega Man fans than younger ones unfamiliar with the early games. And what else would/could be gained from Capcom? Resident Evil is likely far to "mature" for LEGO to consider as a theme. Couple that with the fact that they could just as easily do a generic zombie theme, and the whole prospect seems highly unlikely. What else, Street Fighter? Again, old-school fans (e.g. AFOLs) would dig it, but younger children could care less. As fun as it may be, I really doubt LEGO could make a Capcom line that was in any way profitable.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Flynn » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:19 am

The only other Capcom game I can think of that would make good sets would be Ghosts 'n Goblins, but considering the obscurity of the game, it'd be veeeery unlikely.

It's also a shame we wouldn't get any Castlevania games, considering they're made by Konami...

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Boyfromvalley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Since people have suggested Nintendo theme ideas, here's one I've thought of. Why not do one on LOZ Spirit Tracks as a new lego Train Line. They could probably produce models based on the Spirit Tracks Locomotive and its various alternate forms. As well as ones based on the various other trains you encounter, not to mention the wooden tanks and pirate ships.
Boyfromvalley

Postby jedi_master_sal » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 am

I know this would conflict with the Batman/DC line and another brick maker currently has the license, but I'd really LOVE to see a LEGO Marvel line.

Likewise, while Megabloks has Halo, I still firmly believe LEGO could have done that franchise much better.

I'd love to see an all minis line. Mini ships/vehicles/buildings, etc. Be a great way to build up a city, but not super expensive. I could build a huge city as my Christmas village to put under/by the Christmas tree every year. But then again, that's not a licensed product.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but after seeing that Imperial Flagship set, why not a Pirates of the Caribbean line?

Flying Dutchman anyone? Man, the minifigs alone would be great.
jedi_master_sal

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes