Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Do you like flick-fire or any other missiles?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Do you like flick-fire or any other missiles?

Postby lordjacobi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:56 am

"Does any one like flick fire or any other missiles?" is a question I ask every time I look at new SW Lego. Do you?
"The time has come. Execute Order 66."
― Palpatine
lordjacobi

Re: do you like flic or any other missiles?

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:44 am

Not really, but I bet the target audience (kids) does.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Do you like flick-fire or any other missiles?

Postby TheThrasher » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:43 am

I don't really like the flick-fires. But like Don said, the kids do. If it adds more playability to a set, then it gives kids something else to do with it, which then gives them more reasons to want it. I wish LEGO could come up with a little better firing system for there sets, but the flick fires are cheap and work (sometimes), so I'm sure we'll be seeing them even more. I do like the spring loaded missle that LEGO has in some sets, like the newer Slave I, those shoot fare and work, but its to big to be put in smaller sets, so that were the flick fire comes in.

But since LEGO has rereleased the pirate line, the cannons have a fairly effective firing system. It would be nice to see LEGO format that type of firing system into the sets, but I doubt it will happen.
TheThrasher

Postby Joedward » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 am

I prefer the large ones that you load into the springy TECHNIC gizmo, and then you pull the trigger and it fies out. They're fun :)
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:21 am

The flick-fire missles on Clone Wars sets work pretty well, but I couldn't successfully flick-fire the missles on the Y-wing or B-wing. Those were just lame.
Jay

Postby Draykov » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:05 am

I can't really remember the last time I genuinely enjoyed a LEGO projectile toy. Generally speaking, sets with projectiles end up adding a lot of parts I don't use much to my collection. The individual models also tend to suffer because so many elements and so much space gets allocated to the incorporation of some giant firing mechanism. Flick-fire missiles tend to be less obtrusive than giant Technic arrow launchers all over the place, but I'm not really a fan of either. As LEGO gimmicks go, I'm more a fan of modular rearrangement or compartments with rovers and robots in 'em...stuff like that.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:55 pm

I can go either way, depending on design. The ones on my Y wing won't stay in, which annoys me.

The ones in one I built recently, the special edition Tie advanced, comes with ones that stays in firmly so I can accept those.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Flynn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 pm

I liked the missiles in that Viking battle wagon set. Those worked quite well and were great for rapid firing. And although these wouldn't be missiles, I do like the numerous projectiles featured in the Bionicle lines, primarily the first couple of disks. Those things were downright fun to play with.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Cali » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:49 pm

I agree that the spring loaded ones are fun, but flick-fire's are just plain annoying. When I was a few years younger and actually kept my sets together for a longer period then five days, I suppose this appealed to me. Now, I could care less, as long as I get mah Leh-goes. ;)
Cali

Postby Veers » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:10 am

Flynn wrote:I liked the missiles in that Viking battle wagon set. Those worked quite well and were great for rapid firing.

Those were a blast! They definately worked best out of all the missile systems lego came up with.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby meeotch » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 am

I don't care for the true flick-fire mechanism, but I really liked the methods employed in the new TIE Advanced and the Droid Gunship.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Teekay » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

You know, the idea is pretty cool, but it ends up getting in the way. Also, mine don't shoot very far. I think that they crossed the line when they made what are permanent parts of the ship in Star Wars into flick-fires. (i.e. the Twilight).

All of us FubTubbers, I'm guessing, will be in a unanimous consensus against them.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 am

Veers wrote:
Flynn wrote:I liked the missiles in that Viking battle wagon set. Those worked quite well and were great for rapid firing.

Those were a blast! They definately worked best out of all the missile systems lego came up with.

Totally awesome. You know the system worked when you could fire 10 missiles in a couple of seconds. Decent range too, if I recall...
Jake

Return to General LEGO Discussions