Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ben-10

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Ben-10

Postby fredjh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 am

So I was just walking down the hallway at work when my manager, in hushed voice, says "The guys from LEGO are here to do a Ben-10 shoot, they said it's coming out in January." So... I guess we're doing commercials for the Ben-10 LEGO.

They are also taping interviews with some of our 3D animators for the effects they did on the latest live action Ben-10 movie ("Ben 10: Alien Swarm") which will show on Cartoon Network in November (around the Thanksgiving time frame). I'm sure the two are related (the commercials and the interviews), but I'm not sure how; they may possibly do the combined commercials where they advertise the movie and then lead into "and buy Ben 10 LEGO in January!"

I'm not involved in the shooting for these commercials, and I don't want to get fired by posting any pictures of their work in progress, but my manager said she was going to be hanging out with one of the guys and that he said he could get her some samples.

EDIT: if you watch the movie, keep in mind we didn't all the effects... some are downright terrible, but ours have been reviewed positively online. We did about 400 effects. If you're wondering my role... I'm just a computer nerd who writes some tools and utilities for the animators (among other things).
fredjh

Re: Ben-10

Postby Solo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 am

Interesting stuff, I didn't know about the live action Ben 10 coming out. I say it's worth getting fired for though... go steal the footage they come up with. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Licensed Themes