Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Twittering Is Back

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Twittering Is Back

Postby Staff » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:47 am

The FBTB Twitter simulcast is now back. If anyone who's following got a series of tweets from me all saying the same thing, I apologize for the spam. I tried installing the latest version of twitter tools but it wasn't sending the link back to the original post so I had to revert to an earlier version of the plugin.

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/10/10/twittering-is-back/
Staff

Re: Twittering Is Back

Postby bdc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:57 am

If there are Facebook tools similar to the twitter tools, it would be nice to have them for those of us who use Facebook instead of twitter. Speaking of social media integration, it would be nice to have one of the generic widgets on stories to share via Facebook, twitter, digg, email...

-bri
bdc

Postby onions » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:12 am

i've actually been wanting to do this for awhile, so without further ado, the sharing buttons are now active on each post. I'll go back later and style them a little beter. Might have a click to show sharing buttons action in place of the buttons showing all the time, but for now this is good enough.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby onions » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:55 am

okay i changed the plugin. much better. you can now hit the share this button located at the top of each post beside the date to share the article througha variety of social networking outlets.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Andi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:13 am

Ace, am I blind? I just can't see any share button
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby The Brain » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:14 am

No, you're not the only one. I can't find it either. :S
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby bdc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:45 am

Wow, thanks for adding it so quickly. I see it on the main page (green icon with "ShareThis" text) but I'm used to seeing on the individual story page on most sites. If it's on the main page, it probably should be on the individual pages as well, which is why people probably are having trouble finding it. :)

-bri

PS I'd still love to see FBTB in my Facebook feed if its not to hard. I'd probably still check FBTB before Facebook every day. :)
bdc

Postby onions » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 pm

those were probably cached pages that you guys were looking at. i've dumped the cache so you should be able to see it on all individual article pages as well.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby rosemarie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 am

How do you post twitter messages from you cell phone? I added my number to my twitter account and I just don't know how to send messages from my phone. Do you have to use the internet on your phone or is it like sending a text message?
Last edited by rosemarie on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rosemarie

Postby onions » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 am

rosemarie wrote:How do you post twitter messages from you cell phone? I added my number to my twitter account and I just don't know how to send messages from my phone. Do you have to use the internet on your phone or is it like sending a text message?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+pos ... one%3F&l=1
onions
Damp Noodle

Return to Community Features