Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Titles

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Titles

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:15 pm

This is really more a question than a suggestion:

Is there any intention to bring back the titles from the old forum. You know, those quirky little nicknames/phrases underneath peoples' usernames that were "earned" over time? Please note, I don't mean simply copy them over from the old site, but rather have people "re-earn" them. I always thought they were fun and helped bring the community together by essentially giving people nicknames/reputations.

I've noticed that certain "higher-ups" like Don and Ace have been given "Ambassador" and "Founder" titles, so I assume this is possible. Is the intention to only use them for "serious" titles or will you bring back the fun ones as well?

I apologise if this was discussed earlier in the forum transition, but I didn't see any posts on it.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Re: Titles

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Hmm... good question.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Firespray » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:21 pm

I remember Ace saying that titles were being reset and they had to be re-earned except for Staff.
Firespray

Postby dWhisper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Earned, bought, stolen...

We talked about this way back when, and made the decision that titles had gotten a bit out of hand. They're out there still, and something we'll probably bring back again, but we're reserving them for special occasions, such as inflicting punishment or rewards in contests and the like.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:36 pm

dWhisper wrote:we're reserving them for special occasions, such as inflicting punishment or rewards in contests and the like.

Sounds like a good idea, but I too miss these as of right now. They were always funny to see, and told a little something about each member.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jargon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Well, they're certainly not out of hand any longer. :)
    - Aaron
Jargon

Return to Suggestions