Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

INDY 5 in the works. Um...yay?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

INDY 5 in the works. Um...yay?

Postby bobalego » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 pm

INDY 5 is in development. As we all knew it would. But I quote Harrison Ford here from the article: "Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work," he said. "If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

If the script is good? Did he read the script for "Crystal Skull"? Please some one else write it!!! At least we will have the chance for continued Indy LEGO sets...
bobalego

Re: INDY 5 in the works. Um...yay?

Postby Solo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:38 pm

No.

No. No. No.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

NO.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby The Brain » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Just the fact that they're making another screams fail--not including the fact that the script probably can't be much better than the "Crystal Skull". Besides, isn't Harrison like...70 now? (Or 67, at least.) What would the movie consist of if he really is going to act as IJ? Wheelchair adventures? And if they replaced him with a younger, more agile actor, then I would never even consider associating the film with any of the other IJs.

This is destined to flop. Even die-hard fans are extremely disillusioned because of "Crystal." There probably won't be many quivering with excitement to see this one.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby banthafodder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

I don't know, I wouldn't mind seeing a chase seen with hov-around scooters through the streets of some ancient city ala George Costanza. They could crash into a large pile of watermelons or canned beans. Always good for a laugh.
banthafodder

Postby Jargon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Perhaps good news.
KotCS's negative reviews were rather . . . hyperbolic.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Captain Typo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm

The Brain wrote:... And if they replaced him with a younger, more agile actor, then I would never even consider associating the film with any of the other IJs...

What, you've never heard of this guy? He's got tons of potential. LIterally, just bursting with it. Seriously. I heard he was even in one of the preVious (fix'd) films. That puts him in good stead, methinks. Honestly...

And no, I wasn't able to type all of that with a straight face.

Is the movie literally in the works, though? The latest I heard (with "latest" being an hour ago when I opened my 'net browser and saw a Yahoo! article), was that Ford was willing to do another film if there was a good script... :/
Last edited by Captain Typo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby Andi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:47 am

Well, if they really do it, I guess Mutt will be in as well, and maybe can wear his dad's hat later in the film (read: takes over).
I am not sure though if it is really necessary. Indy 4 was kinda fun after all the years. But is there really need to make more?
Lucas really should stop milking everything to death...
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Joedward » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:52 am

I agree with Don on this one, and i think a little part of me died when I read the title of the thread.

Why could they not have just made Fate of Atlantis a decade ago and left the saga at that???
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby liquidcross » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 am

Just recast Indy. It worked out just fine for James Bond.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Solo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:09 am

That's not a bad idea... but I think they need to switch up the writers and directors at the same time. Let someone else come in and give their take on it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Draykov » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:33 am

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Just recast Indy. It worked out just fine for James Bond.

NO. If it ain't Harrison Ford wearing the fedora, it just aint Indy
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Postby hatcher » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:35 pm

I don't know, I'm starting to think Indy films are the opposite of Star Trek films. In Star trek all the even numbers are good, (2, 4, and 6) and all the odd numbered are bad (1, 3, 5). Maybe the Indy films are the opposite. I didn't really like Temple of Doom (#2) or Crystal skull (#4). But I loved Raiders and Last Crusade (1 and 3). So maybe if they make an Indy 5 it will be good?

I know, I'm just grasping at straws, but it could work out right?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Flynn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Star Trek III wasn't that bad, it just didn't hold up well in comparison to II and IV.

As for this, I'm willing to give it a chance. I didn't think IJ4 was too bad; it was overall enjoyable despite its flaws (Except for LaBoeuf, he killed part of it for me). IJ5 might be good, although the probable return of LaBoeuf doesn't bode very strongly for it. Meh, I'll wait until the trailers untill I pass too much judgement.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Chewie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, if the script is good? Then why did he do KOTCS? But please don't have Willie as the love-intrest. :|
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Postby Captain Typo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:06 pm

... Why would Willie be the love interest when Indy just got married in the last film? :roll: Pretty sure that he'd stop sleeping around after getting married...
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby meeotch » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Not the Indy that I know...
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Kevin Koala » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:01 am

Captain Typo wrote:... Why would Willie be the love interest when Indy just got married in the last film? :roll: Pretty sure that he'd stop sleeping around after getting married...

Well maybe she could help him on his adventures ( If she'd stop screaming ). He has a photo of her in his room in the latest movie. Too bad we can't have Elsa. SHE'S GORGEOUS!
Kevin Koala

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:25 am

I'm fine with more Indy. Stupid as some parts were, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Indy 4, except for Mutt. I really thought Shia was a bad casting for his son. Speilberg said that Indy 4 would be using mostly practical effects, but I saw CGI in almost every action shot. I think to keep the Indy look and feel, if it requires CGI, DON'T DO IT! I doubt either of those problems would improve in 5, but I'll go see it anyway, long as it's Indy and not Mutt Jones and the Blankity-Blank.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby RocketClone » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:27 am

liquidcross wrote:Just recast Indy. It worked out just fine for James Bond.

Im still a little edgey about that but ill have to agree with you about that,the last one reminded me of the ones with Pierce Brosman(who i miss in the 007 movies :'( )
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Next

Return to Licensed Themes