Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Will HP ever come back?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Will HP ever come back?

Postby Chewie » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:42 pm

We've already got the info about the new HP game next year sooo, don't you think the theme will come back? I mean Batman the game came out and the theme will most likely come back in '10 so what do you think? I would love that cuz I loved HP but was heart-broken when I found out it was ended. :'( So do you think it will ever come back?
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Re: Will HP ever come back?

Postby meeotch » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Last edited by meeotch on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Nah its not beating dead horse when horse have rotten into skellie...
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby meeotch » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:36 pm

It isn't rotted. It's just been beaten so badly that the flesh has been flayed off the bones.
meeotch

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:38 pm

Be sure to do a quick search in the appropriate forum section to see if the topic already has a thread. The status of the Harry Potter line has been addressed numerous times. Outlook not so good.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Unless Harry Potter lightens up, it's not going to happen. The new movies are too gloomy and serious. LEGO don't play that.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:07 am

meeotch wrote:Image

I died of laughter when I saw that.

However i think the theme is gone forever.
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:59 am

Solo wrote:Unless Harry Potter lightens up, it's not going to happen. The new movies are too gloomy and serious. LEGO don't play that.

I dunno. I think they have their reasons, and I doubt they will start the line again, but I have a hard time seeing THIS as the reason, given that they made a set based on the duel in the graveyard where Cedric Diggory gets killed. Plenty gloomy, that.
Mister Ed

Postby Draykov » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:49 am

Quoting myself from this thread:

Draykov wrote:Not impossible, but I wouldn't count on it. Then again, I didn't think they'd be making an HP LEGO game either. That said, Steve Witt has declared outright in an interview with LAML Radio that HP is not returning in brick form.

James Wadsworth: "For the last question, I've been contacted by a number of listeners and they've asked - what is the fate of the Harry Potter line? So, uh, do you know if that theme is dead, or what's up with Harry Potter LEGO?"

Steve Witt:"I mean, they can build all the Harry Potter LEGO they want...but...we are not gonna be releasing any more sets."

James Wadsworth: "Okay, yeah, so the license ran out I'm gonna assume?"

Steve Witt: "I don't know if the license ran out, I just know that as far as the new movies go there was nothing that was really just 'standoutish' as a...as a LEGO set...some of the most important things for LEGO sets to actually sell well are that there has to be some kind of action or vehicle involved and Harry Potter didn't lend itself to that."
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Chewie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Solo wrote:Unless Harry Potter lightens up, it's not going to happen. The new movies are too gloomy and serious. LEGO don't play that.

I agree, HP's new movies are "MEH" to me. I never really liked Order of the Pheonix, Half-Blood Prince they all just seen stupid to me. But that Goblet of Fire, that one is just genius! :D
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Postby meeotch » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:33 pm

You're kidding, right?!?! Goblet of Fire was hands-down THE WORST of the HP films. Are you a troll?
meeotch

Postby Chewie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:36 pm

meeotch wrote:You're kidding, right?!?! Goblet of Fire was hands-down THE WORST of the HP films. Are you a troll?

Well it was my favorite... :|
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Postby The Brain » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 pm

The first two were my favorites. Closest representations of the books, and the cinematography and such was still fresh and cool at the time.

But no, I definitely don't think that they'll be bringing the theme back. There's not many more new places to make..I mean, they had three incarnations of the Hogwarts castle. They don't have much more to add in LEGO form. :roll:
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby fredjh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 am

Will HP ever come back?

NO.

NEXT!

Seriously, though, it had little to do with "gloom" (for crying out loud, they released a Joker/Tumbler Batman set last year), and everything to do with poor sales. They hooked the union of the set of LEGO fans and Harry Potter fans. That's a mighty small set. It includes me, so I'm disappointed. But how many times can they make a new Hogwarts or Hogwarts Express set? I guess they figured no one would be interested in fourth reincarnations of them.

Now, personally, I could give them some great ideas for sets, IMO (The Burrow, for one), but it ain't gonna happen.

The most annoying thing, though, is the excuses. "Well... they just didn't sell that well" makes a lot more sense to any rational person than "The movies are getting too serious." When they release an Indiana Jones set of the "Fight on the Flying Wing," you know, the one where the mechanic gets chopped to bits and we see blood splatter all over the plane, and the "Darth Vader's Transformation," you know, the one where the hideously burned and deformed and missing limbed Anakin gets transformed, after dragging his grotesque body out of lava, burned beyond recognition, into pure evil, I simply don't buy "too scary" or "gloomy."

I guess I just feel like my intelligence is being insulted when they try to tell me that crap.
fredjh

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 am

It's not that they are too serious, there was nothing to make a set out of. You want a burning Burrow for HBP? The stories just don't lend themselves to Lego sets. Oboy! A boat with a little island, a cup and some skeleton minifigs, Harry and Dumbledore. Meh.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 am

You want HP? Try eBay. Last night I saw an entire wave of sets got for $86 shipped. The train, castle, and other various sets.

I do accept the idea that the newer movies don't lend themselves well to sets. How many castles can they release? The best thing they could have done is release a couple of rooms each wave and have kids build up a Hogwarts castle over the years. We sort of got that in the first few waves. Rooms that tie in with the current movie, like a Chamber of Secrets for the said book, Dumbledore's office for Order of the Pheonix, and so on. Releasing almost the same castle each year did not work all that well. But just look at the Half Blood Prince? What could they have done? They could have made a tower playset where the showdown occurs at the end, and the cave where Dumbledore and Harry go to get the horcrux. Maybe one or two others, but having such little to go on, I can see why they decided to just drop the line all together. Maybe they'd rather devote the designers' time to other themes.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Classicsmiley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am

Classicsmiley

Postby Chewie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Classicsmiley wrote:This just in from the Rumor Desk...
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/ ... video-game

WOAH! That was umm disturbing... :shock:
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Postby Cali » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Gah. Harry Potter Lego?

Cali

Postby Chewie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:05 pm

meeotch wrote:Image

Looks more like a camel to me than a horse! :lol: :lol: :lol: