Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Indy Jones Misprint?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Indy Jones Misprint?

Postby Kevin Koala » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 pm

I just bought a Shanghai Chase a few months ago and noticed on the Willie Scott fig that her eyes are looking sideways on her scared face. Anyone had this problem?

P.S. Sorry, I forgot the number of the set. :D
Kevin Koala

Re: Indy Jones Misprint?

Postby Bulls_Eye » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:58 pm

It happens a lot. If you buy a clone trooper battle back, you'll probably get a mix of eyes looking left, right, and straight ahead. Just something that happens in the printing.
Bulls_Eye

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am

Lego customer Service is very good about replacing parts like this.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Dooku » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm

It happens quite often especially with the stormtrooper/clonetrooper battle packs. The troops helemnts usually have smudged up black paint and same as luke pilot minifigure helemnt. But like betram say, customer service will replace it for free.
Dooku

Postby JPCJedi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:59 am

The most distinct example is her lips:
ImageImage
The head image shows a bad lipstick application, while the minifig shows a correct layering. I have both versions in my collection. I think Bricklink still doesn't have a separate category for the misprint.

Even within the correct prints, the lipstick will tend to be higher or lower against the black line, and I like to think they imply slightly different facial expressions. It's an interesting phenomenon to play with when you have multiples of a single head piece.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Return to Licensed Themes