Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Two Midi-scale MOCs: Laat/i and AT-TE

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Two Midi-scale MOCs: Laat/i and AT-TE

Postby Artizan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 am

Can't afford the big gunship set and find the mini version boring? Then try the midi-scale!
This is my Midi-scale version of republic gunship, also known as LAAT. Features include side cannons, opening side hatches, a snot top,rocket system, and a rear gun. The model is very swooshable too.
(Pic is a link to the Gallery)
ImageImageImageImageImage

My second midi-scale moc, this time I'am bringing a land vehicle, the all terrain tactical enforcer, AT-TE from Star Wars prequels.

(Pic is a link to the Gallery)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Hope you enjoy them, comments and feedback are more than welcome!
Artizan

Re: [SW] Two Midi-scale MOCs: Laat/i and AT-TE

Postby Legomancer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:58 am

My only suggestion is to enlarge the AT-TE's feet. I think the discs you're using for the middle feet should be the ones used for the front and back ones. Not much else left to improve on, though. Great job! :D
Legomancer

Postby Artizan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

I have thought about your opinion but as you can see the feet of AT-TE are not that big and my creation seems to get the right proportions. I replaced the smaller front discs with bigger middle one but they look really funny.
Artizan

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:07 pm

While your comparison picture offers a pretty good argument for the small feet, I gotta say that I, too, feel that, when I look at the actual model, for some reason they look downright dainty to me. Can't think of a suggested fix, though, if the next size of dish looks really odd.
Mister Ed

Postby Duckman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 am

Artizan wrote:I have thought about your opinion but as you can see the feet of AT-TE are not that big and my creation seems to get the right proportions. I replaced the smaller front discs with bigger middle one but they look really funny.

Dude... if you look at the creation in the movie scene, the feet appear almost the same, my strong suggestion: ditch the 2x2 dish, it looks terrible. Either use 3x3 for all of them, or use 4x4 for the middle and 3x3 for the ends. Cause at the moment, it really looks quite .... :(
Duckman

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:20 am

Very nice work on both. Just an idea, and I know they are hard to come by, but what if you used the Sandy helmet domes for bubble turrets?
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby GrayMattR » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 pm

I really like your gunship. Nice feature to have the bay doors open. Great idea making these mid-scale.
GrayMattR

Postby Artizan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

thank you.
Artizan

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase