Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

If you could bring back any LEGO themes...

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

If you could bring back any LEGO themes...

Postby Pinhead978 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:11 pm

...would you? I would bring back Spider-Man (to make better sets, and a VENOM MINIFIG! XD ) and Batman (I thought those sets were real fun and had the best minifigures). What themes or (if you could) sets would you bring back?
Pinhead978

Re: If you could...

Postby yankeeken » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 pm

They may not have been licensed themes, but I would like to see the return of both the old Western theme and the Time Cruisers/Twisters.
yankeeken

Postby Firespray » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 pm

yankeeken wrote:They may not have been licensed themes, but I would like to see the return of both the old Western theme and the Time Cruisers/Twisters.

Oh man Western and Time Cruisers ftw XD
Firespray

Postby meeotch » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 pm

If I could, I would bring back every Lego theme that's no longer produced. I missed out on a lot, and the ones I had from 15+ years ago, well, they got sold, so I don't have them either. Just for sentimentality's sake, I'd bring back Blacktron I and II, Space Police I and II, M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius, but I'd bring back everything else I never had a chance to get either, so I just say everything.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:26 am

I'd Bring back Harry Potter and classic space.
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby fredjh » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:48 am

So... I've got some agreement that I'd like to see Harry Potter (even if they simply rereleased some sets, but there are certainly ideas for new ones, even if they don't have a lot of vehicle sets... like "The Burrow").

Also, being a fan of steam era trains, the Old West sets would be pretty nice, too.

Of course my train preference is still 9V, so I wish they'd continue production of those, but even if they aren't, I wish they'd release more unpowered sets and rolling stock.... and sell straight track separately.
fredjh

Postby RocketClone » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am

yankeeken wrote:They may not have been licensed themes, but I would like to see the return of both the old Western theme and the Time Cruisers/Twisters.

Umm just western.... XD
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Boyfromvalley » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:32 pm

meeotch wrote:If I could, I would bring back every Lego theme that's no longer produced. I missed out on a lot, and the ones I had from 15+ years ago, well, they got sold, so I don't have them either. Just for sentimentality's sake, I'd bring back Blacktron I and II, Space Police I and II, M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius, but I'd bring back everything else I never had a chance to get either, so I just say everything.

Definetly Ice Planet, Space Police 1 and the Blacktron sets. Also some of the old castle sets. Mainly The Black and Dragon Knights and the Wolf People.
Boyfromvalley

Postby RocketClone » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Boyfromvalley wrote:
meeotch wrote:If I could, I would bring back every Lego theme that's no longer produced. I missed out on a lot, and the ones I had from 15+ years ago, well, they got sold, so I don't have them either. Just for sentimentality's sake, I'd bring back Blacktron I and II, Space Police I and II, M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius, but I'd bring back everything else I never had a chance to get either, so I just say everything.

Definetly Ice Planet, Space Police 1 and the Blacktron sets. Also some of the old castle sets. Mainly The Black and Dragon Knights and the Wolf People.

What about Forestmen. ;)
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Flynn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:55 pm

I'd like a revamp of Spyrius, Blacktron, and Time Twisters, personally. Spyrius didn't get nearly enough sets, SPIII needs an opposing Blacktron force, and Time Twisters just needs to be done right.

Overall, though, I wish Space would grow to have more factions, rather than just one at a time, like SPIII. We need themes like Futuron or Unitron, Ice Planet, etc...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Ice Planet all the way. Polar Bears rock on!

-The Colonel
CoR3Bu

Re: If you could bring back any LEGO themes...

Postby SuperDave » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:35 am

BLACKTRON (the first iteration, of course).

Big fan of Futuron, Spyrius, and Ice Planet as well, but if I just did one, it'd be them^.
SuperDave

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:13 am

Ice Planet, Blacktron, Original Space Police, Forestmen/Wolfmen would all be sweet resurrections!

How come nobody has mentioned M-tron yet? I thought that was a pretty sweet line back in the day. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby meeotch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:27 am

meeotch wrote:Just for sentimentality's sake, I'd bring back Blacktron I and II, Space Police I and II, M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius...

And yes, M-Tron was absolutely revolutionary. Incorporating magnets added tons of playability and dimension to the line.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 am

Ninja, Western, and the Islanders subtheme come to mind. It would be a tough choice for me between Ninja and Western I think. I got a lot of the old space themes grown up, and there is certainly a lot to like there, but we're not really missing much in terms of minifigs and accessories from those themes.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Jens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 am

M-Tron and Western.

Maybe ninjas....but cowboys kick sarlacc!
Jens

Postby BobaFett » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:36 pm

The old Pirates!
BobaFett

Postby infallible » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Harry Potter, hands down. Those sets have been some of my favorites ever produced.
infallible

Postby kimmi » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Definitely Harry Potter... I came too late to catch them :(
kimmi

Postby copyright » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:15 am

Okay, so I moved this topic to "General LEGO Discussion". Even though the discussion started off with talks on Spider-man and Batman, it quickly delved into numerous LEGO theme sub discussions. I was tempted to move it to the "Original Themes" forum but since this topic is more about LEGO themes in general and not specific themes, I feel it belongs where I put it. Thanks! :lol:

I for one would like to see a Western theme return, this time with Steam Trains! Choo! Choo!
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Next

Return to General LEGO Discussions