Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

SDCC LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive Images

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

SDCC LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive Images

Postby Staff » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 am

The SDCC LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive is a mini set of 10195 Dropship with AT-OT Walker. Yes, they combine. No, it will not be offered through the Brickmaster subscription. Price was $50.

SDCC 2009 LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive - 5
SDCC 2009 LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive - 1SDCC 2009 LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive - 3

More in the SDCC 2009 LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive flickr set.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/07/23/sdcc-lego-brickmaster-exclusive-images/
Staff

Re: SDCC LEGO Brickmaster Exclusive Images

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:21 am

There is no polite euphemism for the feeling of paying $50 for that. Not that I can/could/would, but OUCH!
Bertramtalespinner

Postby liquidcross » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:37 am

Time to wait until the instructions leak out on to the 'net...
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Drock » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 am

Is that an AT-OT or AT-TE?

Looks like an AT-TE because of the cannon on top, six legs, and no "O"-ness to it.
Drock

Postby ILikePi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 am

Drock wrote:Is that an AT-OT or AT-TE?

Looks like an AT-TE because of the cannon on top, six legs, and no "O"-ness to it.

It's the Brickmaster AT-TE. ;)

I don't like how it's $50. The AT-TE and Republic Gunship are probably only worth $6 each, so it's like paying $38 for the box and the printed instructions. >:(
ILikePi

Postby Robzula » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 am

I don't like how it's $50. The AT-TE and Republic Gunship are probably only worth $6 each, so it's like paying $38 for the box and the printed instructions. >:([/quote]

That's kind of the point, it's a collectors item, not a toy, the box is really what sets it apart. The prices will most definately be going up if they're kept MISB, just look on Bricklink on old Comic Con sets, they're going for over $100.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Cradok » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 pm

I've been afraid that this would happen... Weak... *heads to eBay*
Cradok

Postby thepatient » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Yup, they're already showing up on e-bay. Let the bidding begin.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Wow, $50!?! People deserve to get their forehead slapped like the old V8 drink commercials. Sure, it's a collectible but that's only because TLG limited the production run. It's not chrome, it's not special paint, just normal pieces inside a box that says "sucker!" written all over it.
GrayMattR

Postby The Brain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Seriously. Wasn't the exclusive set last year at least semi-reasonable for the price? I mean, it included a $20 set, plus an old clone/droid battlepack which was already being sold in the aftermarket for above MSRP, plus 4 clones and Captain Rex minifigs, which at the time were hard to get. I would have paid $50 for that set had I been there, even now I would. But this set is just unfathomably cheap (in contents). It's a rehash of a former AT-TE mini set that was included *free* with a Brickmaster magazine, and a less "piece-y" RAG mini passing for a dropship. Exclusive my sarlaac, this is just LAME.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby jstokes1203 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 pm

i waited in line for 20 minutes before the raffle started, then another 20 to pull a ticket. not a winner. i kept this up for about an hour, waiting in line and pulling up losers. i gave up. 100 copies of the laat/c set will be offered daily. but i'm not sure it's worth the price, since i got half of it with my brickmaster subscription.

in the afternoon, i scored 2 winning raffle tickets for the minifig set (the one with adm ackbar, gen madine, and luke from rotj) and bought both ($54 incl. tax).
jstokes1203

Postby bigospedros » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:44 am

The Brain wrote:Seriously. Wasn't the exclusive set last year at least semi-reasonable for the price? I mean, it included a $20 set, plus an old clone/droid battlepack which was already being sold in the aftermarket for above MSRP, plus 4 clones and Captain Rex minifigs, which at the time were hard to get. I would have paid $50 for that set had I been there, even now I would. But this set is just unfathomably cheap (in contents). It's a rehash of a former AT-TE mini set that was included *free* with a Brickmaster magazine, and a less "piece-y" RAG mini passing for a dropship. Exclusive my sarlaac, this is just LAME.

last years set was $75, if I recall correctly. It wasn't worth it.

also, the AT-TE may have been "free" with Brickmaster, but you have to spend $40 a year to get that magazine in the first place.

I'm not saying this SDCC set is worth it. It isn't ... but just putting your comments into context.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby dewback trooper 9 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 am

well, lego did the same thing last year. remember the indiana jones set? I got the jeep from brickmaster and the comic con set only added that little bit of jungle stuff with it. As far as brickmaster goes, It's worth the $50 price tag if you just sell the sets you don't need (aka bionicle) and sell the legoland ticket. I'm a completionist, so it's tempting to try and pick these up. I picked up last years set via ebay for a reasonable price, but current ebay pricing for this set is 113, and 70-80 for minifig sets. Alas, the elusive exclusives.....
dewback trooper 9

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 am

I'm surprised the BL sets are holding better value than the minifig sets. I guess that makes sense though since this is the only way you can get these BL sets. I'm a completionist too even though I need to catch up on the older releases. I'm just lazy. haha
Gooker1

Postby Andi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:18 am

With BL you mean the Brickmaster Sets?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 am

LOL - I'm an idiot. I'm thinking to myself brickmaster, but i kept typing "BL" Yes, BM :) Hahaha, Thanks!!!!
Gooker1

Postby The Brain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:19 pm

bigospedros wrote:last years set was $75, if I recall correctly. It wasn't worth it.

also, the AT-TE may have been "free" with Brickmaster, but you have to spend $40 a year to get that magazine in the first place.

I'm not saying this SDCC set is worth it. It isn't ... but just putting your comments into context.

Eh. $75 is pretty bad, but given the comparison, I still feel this year's set is worse than last year's.

And I realized as soon as I typed "free" how stupid that would sound, considering there's a yearly fee. :p But in the scheme of things about Brickmaster, I generally think of the sets as "free" because they're really just a bonus.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby bigospedros » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:10 am

The Brain wrote:
And I realized as soon as I typed "free" how stupid that would sound, considering there's a yearly fee. :p But in the scheme of things about Brickmaster, I generally think of the sets as "free" because they're really just a bonus.

you'd pay $40 a year for the magazine, a money off coupon and a "free" ticket to Legoland ? I wouldn't ... the magazine isn't that great!

Regarding this SDCC set ... if someone bought it, can they post the instructions ? I'd like to see if I can make the set from my spare parts. In fact, I'd applaud FBTB if they did this (assuming one of the staff attendees bought it) afterall, posting the instructions is hardly gonna affect after market value of the set given how limited it was. Anyone that would consider buying it on the aftermarket is gonna anyway, even if they can just get the instructions instead. Thanks. :)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Darthboba281 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:37 pm

I got the mini AT-TE (or AT-OT,as claimed in the first post)in my last Brick Master set. My next one should be the mini Republic Gunship, or maybe the mini Dropship. Please note that I go the AT-TE (or AT-OT,as claimed in the first post) in my Brick Master subscription, not at the Exclusive.
Darthboba281

Postby elkmn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Studying the pictures, I've been able to figure out most of the Dropship, except for the wing attachment. In a couple of photos, I can just make out what appears to be a brick and a plate under the wing plate. I'm guessing that it might be a 2 x 2 brick with hinge finger(s), attaching to a 1 x 2 plate with finger(s) on the ship. Might someone who has the set, or got a close look at SDCC, be able to confirm or deny this?
elkmn

Next

Return to Star Wars