Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Rock Band sets?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Lego Rock Band sets?

Postby legofett » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 pm

I was just wondering how they would do Rock Band sets. I don't see much build factor. :S I think the game looks stupid personally and I don't really plan on buying it but I was just wondering what you guys think of how they would do sets.

These days it seems like lego cares less about their former target audienence. I mean my teacher asked a kid at my school if he known about lego and he said: "Isn't that a star wars game for babies?" I was shocked! :shock: Which makes me belive they should stray away from video-games.
legofett

Re: Lego Rock Band sets?

Postby Coret » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:25 am

Yeah, but 2nd (3rd, 4th, etc.) generation Legomaniacs are being born all the time. I have 3 boys, and the hardest decisions is who gets what. (Myself included.) A lot of kids still play with them, there will always be the ignorant, but when I go down the Lego Isle at a store, there are still quite a few kids, and adults buying for their kids. (Usually have to help them out.)

As to the actual purpose of this, if they made set it would be limited. Maybe make a UCS Lego Guitar, and some different Venues. I know my brother when we were growing up even painted a Lego guy with Sparkly paint, and built his own stage and band. So there will always be alittle market for it. I think the game looks funny, and the thing is that it will basically be Rock Band with a Lego theme as a game. Since myself and my kids love both, it is a perfect fit.
Coret

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:55 am

LEGO Rock Band is totally bizzare. It's a Disney-like license, where the two properties have absolutely nothing to do with eachother. Though it might be neat to get a LEGO stage and actual rock concert set, it seems more like Rock Band got the license from LEGO, not the other way around.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby donneyboy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:05 am

yeah, a big UCS guitar would be nice, they could a Gibson SG, or a Fender Stratocaster, or Telecaster, a flying v, ahh the possibilities are endless.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Skafte » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

If LEGO releases anything with The Beatles, I'll be in heaven. I don't think it will happen, though.
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Darth Pityles » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah, remember all the licensing they had to do with the NBA back in '03? Now take that times 75 or so, and that's what they would have to pay to make minifigs and sets with real people. Plus, with bands that change their lineup frequently, minifigs would have to be made of every single minifig. Not to mention the backlash if fans are divided over which era of a band is better...*coughVanHalencough*
Although they did have Michael Schumacher and what's-his-face from a Ferrari set a while back...
As for guitars, I think they would be too large to be feasible if they were life-size, and let's face it, half-size or smaller guitars are just no fun.
For some reason, I always have a bad feeling about things.

It's Lego, not "legos"!

Nietzsche was obviously an alien.
Darth Pityles

Postby Coret » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:48 am

I don't think they would make Minifigs of real people, after all, you don't even play real people in the game. They would make fictional sounding Rock Stars if they were to do this.
Coret

Postby ShockZap » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:26 pm

http://powerminers.lego.com/en-us/Movies/function-movies/functions-granite-grinder.aspx Towards the end there's a band. Maybe a preview of on eof the Rock Band sets?
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

They're holding guitars too.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby legofett » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 am

I just got Guitar Hero world tour, and I must say the Guitar Hero/Rock Band gamplay concept is very fun, :) but an extremly stupid turn for Lego. IMO They should be completely seperate things. :S
legofett

Postby Pinhead978 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:22 pm

I don't think LEGO would do it, but I would love to have instruments for my minifigures. :)
Pinhead978

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am

I don't give a care about the Lego Rock Band because Rock Band(and Guitar Hero) are
retarded in my opinion. I wouldn't even ask how they would make Rock Band Lego sets.

-The Colonel
CoR3Bu

Postby legofett » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 pm

^I used to think rockband/guitar hero sucked too... until I played it ;) , I just don't think they should mix (especially with crappy kiddy songs) I love Legos, but at the same time I don't hate guitar hero/rockband etc.

Lego to get list: Lego Starwars Tantive IV

Rockband/Guitar Hero to get list: Rockband the beatles

Lego rockband: NO!

Nuff said.
legofett

Postby Coret » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:48 am

legofett wrote:^I used to think rockband/guitar hero sucked too... until I played it ;) , I just don't think they should mix (especially with crappy kiddy songs) I love Legos, but at the same time I don't hate guitar hero/rockband etc.

Lego to get list: Lego Starwars Tantive IV

Rockband/Guitar Hero to get list: Rockband the beatles

Lego rockband: NO!

Nuff said.

Actually, you forgot to put "IMO" because this is your opinion, not fact. I have 3 sons, 2, 4, and 6, and let me tell you they love playing Rock Band. Do you know how excited they got when they found out about LEGO Rock Band? This game is actually a very smart move because there are alot of kids that love it. So while you think it might be dumb, you aren't everyone, and LEGO knows that.
Coret

Postby legofett » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm

I always forget to put IMO, :| seriously
legofett

Postby D4B0MB » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:50 pm

id simply get the game for more songs really, to have a bigger library of songs. im interested too see how the whole Lego aspect still comes into play, but we cant really tell until its released.

and i dont see how they could make sets of this; a complete lego stage? what else could they make? although, mini-instruments would be kinda neat actually, but they cant make an entire line though.
D4B0MB

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Skafte wrote:If LEGO releases anything with The Beatles, I'll be in heaven. I don't think it will happen, though.

Me too...you know, The Beatles Rock Band comes out on September 9th, so there could be some kind of promotional set although I highly doubt it.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Return to Licensed Themes