Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10198 Tantive IV First Look

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 10198 Tantive IV First Look

Postby Claw » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Darn, I just found an open box UCS Blockade Runner as well.. which would YOU get?

decisions, decisions.. :(
Claw

Postby Darth Jokar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:05 pm

This set is amazin I will definititly get one of these up. Thanks for the pics.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby sbr » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:37 am

Haven't been as excited about a set since the UCS Falcon.

I'm a proud owner of the original UCS RBR, and this looks to go very close to matching it in appearance. That's no mean feat given they've included an interior this time.

The front isn't quite as good, but the tail end IMO opinion is better. With a small customise to fix those oversize gun turrets are fixed, which should be easy, it should be very close to as good a display model as the original UCS model. I expect to replace my old RBR on display with this, and am very happy for the many here who are too young or new to the hobby to have got hold of that model.

I doubt very much the cockpit pieces are stickers given they're conical and would therefore be lamost impossible to apply as stickers. It looks to me like printed-on transparent plastic, like the cockpit for the second minifig scale Falcon.

Now if they'd just re-do the UCS X-Wing... :)
sbr

Postby Marty » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 am

Excellent looking set, not so sure about the stickers though, this would be tricky to apply even at the best of times.
I hope Lego supplies a second sheet, just in case as mistakes are easily made?
Overall the model looks right, even if it is overpriced (For Australia anyway?) and a bit small. It seems a shame that Lego didn't do the interior differently, as I expected some scene from the movie, though I can see why they did it this way as there really isn't that much space in there to do much.
Now all thats left to say is what new set to get, as with 4 sets to choose from it's going to be a tough choice, regards Marty
Marty

Postby CoR3Bu » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:32 am

I just realized there was 360 Spin. This set looks even better in the 360 Spin.
Everything looks awesome. I am so getting it. I also realized it had 1,408 pieces.
I changed my mind about the price. I am going to compare the Ep. 1 Republic Cruiser
to this when I get it, though no doubt about it, I'll think the Tantive IV looks better.

-The Colonel
CoR3Bu

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 am

This set is off the charts! Granted some of the design elements are a little rough in this scale, this will be a very welcome addition to everyone's collections (especially those of us who missed out on the UCS years ago!). Also features a solid minifig line-up for its size. Thank you, LEGO!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:29 am

Cockpit is trans clear with printed design.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am

S@H mentions the TIV has a 'cargo transport vehicle' or something to that effect. Anyone run across any pix of this and where it goes in the ship?

I'm really surprised at Lego's approach at the interior. I was sure that there would be a space for the opening sequence shootout and that Vader and at least one Stormie would have been included. What would have been really nice is if they included a combination of EP4 and EP3 minifigs since the ship is in both movies.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby bigj22 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:56 pm

this look like a must have set. I will be getting it.
bigj22

Postby bigospedros » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:11 pm

onions wrote:Cockpit is trans clear with printed design.

praise the lord! :D thanks
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Teekay » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm

I am, like many people here, torn between getting this, Home One, or Battle of Endor. I think it is down to this and Battle of Endor, no offense to Home One. I probably will eventually get all three, but not for a while. Meanwhile, I think the Venerator just went down the drain. Hopefully, I can do some babysitting of my brother and make enough money to get two. I hope so.

Meanwhile, these pics have blown me away. I, like many, thought this was going to be Midi. I am so glad it's not, and that there's room for two in the cockpit! Plus, I only have chromie 3P0, and I don't want him to be out of his special case originally intended for baseballs.

But, I ramble. Anyway, this is a great set for a fair price. Gotta get it somehow...

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby buhs » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:01 pm

bigospedros: you forgot the "can I have an Amen... and a Halleluiah".... printed = awesome... stickers = cr@ppy. Just an opinion... don't flame me :p
buhs

Postby Boyfromvalley » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:23 pm

UK prive seams to be set at £97.85.
Boyfromvalley

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:38 pm

onions wrote:Cockpit is trans clear with printed design.

Thank the lord. This really is good news considering how many of us worried they would be stickers...shudders at thought ;) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby jomandybri » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:58 pm

In regards to the 'cargo transportation device' or whatever it was called, I think it is the thing C3 and R2 are sitting in (the escape pod???). There is a picture of it in the official photos on shop.lego.com.
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 am

jomandybri wrote:In regards to the 'cargo transportation device' or whatever it was called, I think it is the thing C3 and R2 are sitting in (the escape pod???).

The droids are sitting in the lower half of one of the escape pods. There are two, one either side just in front of the engines. Check out those thrusters under the front, you can also see them on the full set pic. The "cargo transport vehicle" is in addition to the escape pods.
Shop@Home wrote:# Open the storage compartment to reveal the cargo transport vehicle!
# Features rotating radar disc and 2 detachable escape pods!

I can't imagine where this storage compartment is located. The vehicle is probably something very simple, like the glider in the 7665 Republic Cruiser or the various transports in some older sets (ie. something like a 4x4 plate with a few greebles such as a handle or control stick).
Gingerbeard Man

Postby jocktheglide » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:52 am

I wish it was bigger like maybe 3k pieces or double the size.
jocktheglide

Postby bigospedros » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:09 am

jocktheglide wrote:I wish it was bigger like maybe 3k pieces or double the size.

Buy the UCS version then ?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby jocktheglide » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 am

bigospedros wrote:
jocktheglide wrote:I wish it was bigger like maybe 3k pieces or double the size.

Buy the UCS version then ?

cant put my men in there :lol: so I can play with them and relive some scenes and make some up
jocktheglide

Postby CoR3Bu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:36 am

Teekay wrote:I am, like many people here, torn between getting this, Home One, or Battle of Endor. I think it is down to this and Battle of Endor, no offense to Home One. I probably will eventually get all three, but not for a while.

I am getting all of them plus the Midi MF and the Echo Base. I will have to earn just a bit
of money for the Tantive IVcause I'm planning on selling some old legos I have. I am getting
the Echo Base during my trip to Missouri, Tantive IV will be for Christmas, and Midi MF and
Home 1 will go to my birthday on Feb. 6th. I'm going to try to win a contest so I can get the
Endor Battle Playset or I'll just earn a little more money. I thought this all up when the Tantive IV came out. XD

-The Colonel
CoR3Bu

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars