Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Jettbacca wrote:Jedi Battle Pack? Have a small ship, a small Command Post and Obi Wan, Mace, Yoda, Kit Fisto, and Shaak Ti. Probably been suggested a million times though.

Yes it has ;) . Everyone always says how they want a jedi council, jedi temple, jedi etc. set...which I guess isn't a bad thing, just repetative in nature.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jettbacca » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Raequan, that would be awesome, but not likely. It's a shame really:(
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby dakdogba » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:25 pm

mini viehicle battle packs. around 20 euro
they contain 5-7 starfighters. possible x, y, a, and b wing packs in different colours
imperial packs of tie, bombers, interceptors and eu variations
special larger packs such as death star ( trench, 4 x wing, 4 y wing,falcon, 6 ties and vaders tie x1)
or endor ( 4 of each type of fighter, falcon home one and isd)
possible themed minifig with each pack, eg wedge with rouge squadron pack
dakdogba

Postby ScruffyNerfHerder » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Personally, I would love to get another version of the cantina scene from Episode IV: A New Hope. It's one of the most memorable scenes in Star Wars and I just feel like it should have more availability.
ScruffyNerfHerder

Postby ccjwprongs » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:14 pm

A Jedi Battlepack? Who wants an army of Obi-Wans? :p

Snowtrooper BPs ftw!

Also, we need more of the smaller sets in the £6-9 range for SW, that aren't battle packs.
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby yankeeken » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Archangel wrote:More UCS kits, chiefly:

* A true UCS AT-AT to go with the AT-ST.
* A-Wing
* B-Wing
* TIE Fighter / Bomber (heck we got Darth's and the Interceptor already)

In the regular scale (staying away from CW), I'd like to see a lot more small vignette sets like Jedi Defense, Duel, etc, but with a twist. take a Cantina playset and break it up into sections, say six, which could then be assembled into one large Cantina scene. I think Cloud City might be able to be done in such a manner as well. Death Star, not so much, even if they hadn't done 10188....the physics are just a bit much. My votes for something like this would be:

Cantina
Cloud City

I couldn't agree more. I woueld love to see some mor UCS sets, especially for some of the Original trilogy starfigthers that have yet to be made into UCS. I think that an A-wing would look fantastic in UCS. I also agree that a true Cantina set has been long awaited. Personally I think that calling 4501 the Mos Eisley Cantina was a bit of a stretch. Cloud city set would be nice too. Sure we had 10123, which was pretty cool, however it could be greatly improved.
yankeeken

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Archangel wrote:More UCS kits, chiefly:

In the regular scale (staying away from CW), I'd like to see a lot more small vignette sets like Jedi Defense, Duel, etc, but with a twist. take a Cantina playset and break it up into sections, say six, which could then be assembled into one large Cantina scene. I think Cloud City might be able to be done in such a manner as well. Death Star, not so much, even if they hadn't done 10188....the physics are just a bit much.

Agreed. That would be excellent. However, I think this, along with many other OT sets, may be better timed to be released with the 3D versions of the films currently being produced. Tying in with a film would be better promotion for LEGO.

But then do we want to wait?
Jabba the Taff

Postby Teekay » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Even though I wanted a minifig scale Falcon, this Midi-Scale looks promising. Since the Falcon is like 356 pieces, maybe we can continnue the series with some OT sets like 150-200 piece X, Y, and B wings, and then like 90 piece TIEs and A-Wings. This could be cool. Maybe even some capital ships at 600 pieces.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby djmangunz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:20 pm

I would LOVE an improved Clone Turbo tank and a Commander Gree in phase I gear.
sleeves optional
djmangunz

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:03 am

I just thought of an idea. I know it's been said in the past, but how about a Naboo Royal Starship for 2010. It would have have to come with chrome pieces...that would be awesome.
BigBenKenobi

Postby SkwerlJones » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 am

starwarsman222 wrote:With just about all the 2009 sets revealed I was wondering what the people of this site had in terms for ideas.

Here are mine:

1. AT-OT
2. UT-AT
3. New Droid Battle Pack(one with actual battle droids in it.)
4. Tri Droid
5. Crab Droid
6. Any kind of Separtist Frigate
7. Jedi Battle Pack
8. 501st legion, 212th legion, 41st Legion, etc, battle pack
9. Droid Commando or Clone Commando Battle Pack
10. AT-RT?

those are my ideas, tell me what you guys think

P.S. I am new here, wassup everyone

Okay, now predict a UCS Slave 1. ;)
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby starwarsman222 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:49 am

Okay, lol, I hope that they come out with a UCS Slave 1

What I said about the AT-OT was a guess, glad it is coming out in 2009
starwarsman222

Postby Clonecommando007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm

I'm almost positive that Lego will give us a re-release of the AT-RT before the license runs out *cough* gets renewed. There have been AT-RT's in the Clone Wars movie and in several episodes.

That's my one big wish for 2010: A good little At-Rt set for around $10 or under. :D
Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild - http://www.TheCABG.net
Clonecommando007

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:19 pm

commander gero wrote:venator(i know there making one but it just dosent do it for me)
minifigsand extras:reactor room,landing bay with republic shuttle and 3 crashed pod hunters,detenion level,lots of hallways and other rooms,luminara,ahsoka,4 commando guards,captin arguyus,commander gree,10 clones,10 supers,10 battledroids,ventress,gunray

You're asking for a Venator large enough to dock another ship, and come with 3 other ships and 45 minifigs? A set of that scale would a) be the most expensive set to date (no less than $700, I'd imagine), and b) would therefore be unmarketable (remember that LEGO's widest audience is under the age of 14. How many 14 year-olds do you know with an extra G just lying around?)

This year, I believe LEGO has done a fantastic job of hitting some of the Star Wars icons, including Endor, Millennium Falcon, Vader's TIE, Venator, RGS, AT-TE, etc. The most successful 2010 ideas would fall in the same vein: A revised Cantina Scene, Yavin IV Rebel Base, Nebulon-B Frigate, Lambda-class shuttle (Tyderium), Naboo Royal Starship, Flash Speeder, Jedi Council chambers, etc.

As has been mentioned, I would really like to see some more of Cloud City in LEGO. We've only had the Cloud City playset (an exclusive and short-lived product) and the Cloud Car (which could use a revamp). In terms of battlepacks, a Jedi battlepack would be impractical (again, to repeat, "who wants an army of Obi-wans?"). As it appears that LEGO is alternating between OT and PT/CW packs, we can probably hope for Snowtroopers, Hoth Troopers, Endor Troopers, Scout Troopers, Ewoks, Wookies, Death Star Gunners, or the like in battlepack form in 2010.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby yankeeken » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Hopefully 2010 will bring us a lot more Original Trilogy set and a lot less Clone Wars sets. Unfortunately, that is probably not going to happen. :(
yankeeken

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:59 pm

yankeeken wrote:Hopefully 2010 will bring us a lot more Original Trilogy set and a lot less Clone Wars sets. Unfortunately, that is probably not going to happen. :(

I'm really not sure what will happen in 2010, but this is how I look at things. While the OT is what interests me most, I am pretty much an all around Star Wars fan, and I do love the PT and Clone Wars as well. The OT, while it is the original, has been pretty well explored by lego over the years. Now, if your really after lego to design and market more of these sets, your going to be stuck with some more remakes and redesigns. Example: The X-wing...6212 (still available), 4502 (Dagobah 2003), 7140/7142 (1999 and 2002 re-release), 7191 (UCS 1999)...5 different versions of the X-wing counting the re-release. However, yes, lego does still have many options with the OT (probably more than could be produced by the end of the Lucasfilm license), and some of those areas have been explored this year. But, with the more recent Episode III film and the Clone Wars, TLG has been presented with more opportunities in the Lucasflim license. It just makes more variety for differnet collectors and enthusiasts. I for one welcome this becuase I missed out on many of the PT sets because I didn't start collecting until 2004. However, I do believe lego is going overboard with the Clone Wars, and pushing aside the OT. Although I and some of you may not be thrilled with this, we really can't do much about it. We can only wait and see what happens in the coming years ahead.
BigBenKenobi

Postby yankeeken » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:36 pm

I have nothing against PT sets, I just detest the sets based off of the Clone Wars (animated move and show), mainly due to the extremely ugly minifigs.

Plus there are still some OT sets that I'd like to see:
  • Tantive IV (non UCS)
  • A true Cantina
  • better Cloud City
  • Bounty Hunters (all the ones in episode 5)
  • more UCS (A-wing, B-wing, TIE, etc)
  • Yavin 4
  • Death Star with real working laser and exploding Alderaan( ;) )
yankeeken

Postby Masta' Bo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:56 pm

This is what I really would like to see in the near, LEGO SW future:

1) Royal Starship w/ Padmé. Why? Because we need a new female fig, for starters. Plus, this is a great ship, perhaps not iconic, but a beaut just the same. It needs to be put in LEGO form.

2) Flash Speeder remake. The original was nice, but we need an official 4-seater and a Panaka fig. A Gian speeder would be cool, too.

3) Bounty Hunter Pursuit remake. This set had marvelous colors, and the beginning of Ep. II was only good because of this cool scene. And frankly, we need a fleshy Anakin (padawan), Obi-Wan (knight), and Zam Wessel.

4) Mos Eisley Cantina playset w/ Luke's Landspeeder. This suggestion speaks for itself. OT fans have had this as one of their #2 wants (just behind the Taun Taun) for a while, and the original just didn't satisfy (well, besides the new molds in it).

That's just a few things off the top of my head. :)
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Blue Squadron » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 am

Who remembers back to the sets 4475 / 4476 / 4480 --> the Jabba's Message / Prize / Palace combo?

This was a group of sets that could be combined into a bigger playset and, more importantly had two nice small sets related to one bigger set. The idea could do with some refining but I see no reason why they couldn't do this again. It would lend itself nicely to a few different scenes from the various movies.
Blue Squadron

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 am

Yes, and all of those Jabba sets were counted as pretty big failures as well. While they've done okay in the aftermarket, playsets like that just didn't do well. That's why you've seen such a focus on smaller "army builder" battle packs or vehicles. The only real playsets we've seen have been large sets designed for adult collectors.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars