Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Flickr Outpost Question

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Flickr Outpost Question

Postby DarthMC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:38 am

Is there anything special you need to do to see your pictures on the outpost site. I put one up for the contest and I can only see it in the outpost group if I am logged into Flickr otherwise it is not there. It is posted to the outpost group, and is set to public. This is my first post to the group which may or may not be part of the problem.

The picture name is
"The Empires invasion of Bikini Bottom did not go quite as planned"
With username DarthMC

The picture in the contest thread is a link to the Flickr picture so that part works fine.

Thanks

DarthMC
DarthMC

Re: Flickr Outpost Question

Postby onions » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:35 am

I see the picture in the group. it is currently the last picture on the third row http://www.flickr.com/groups/fbtb/pool/
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:24 pm

DarthMC wrote:I can only see it in the outpost group if I am logged into Flickr otherwise it is not there.

Same here. I am normally not logged in (and have never checked the box to "stay logged in").

When I go to the group (e.g. by clicking onions' link) I do not see your picture. If I go there after logging in I do see it. Log out of Flickr again and I do not see it in the group anymore. :S

I took a copy of the link to your photostream. When I access that while not logged into Flickr I do see your picture. Is it really the only picture in your photostream or are there more which are just not public? Another funny thing is that on the image page Flickr does say that the picture belongs to the FBTB Outpost, but it does not appear in the Pool browser. Once I move left or right to one of the images either side there is no way back to yours within Flickr, it just seems to skip over it. Weird!
Gingerbeard Man

Postby onions » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm

what are your default settings for your photo's contenttype and safety level?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Your photos seem to be hidden form public searches. Go here and check your settings.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby DarthMC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. After checking the sharing settings (all were fine) I searched on photos not appearing and found the following strange rule

If your account is new, first you need to upload at least 5 photos. After that minimum has been reached, then it shouldn't take more than a few days until your photos appear in searches, groups, etc.

Since I just opened the account a few days ago and only have one picture in it that explains everything. Guess I need to add more pictures.

Thanks again everyone

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Aha. Interesting.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Suggestions