Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] micro scale Venator Star Destroyer

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] micro scale Venator Star Destroyer

Postby huck to flat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:30 am

Hi team

First post for me, ('lil bit of background here.) ive been playing with lego, since, sh*t, since i was like 2. and as you'd know other hobbies come and go, and so far only two have stayed constant, lego, and biking. Now you may be thinking, "what? A biker AND a lego fan?" yeap, thats me. Now lego.

This is my version of the VENATOR , now i love this ship, personaly i think it's the bees knees, so after seeing it destroyed in the cartoon network clone wars, i thought, time to resurrect it. It's in micro/smaller than that, scale. I'ts in it's 3rd recontruction variant now. IM not 100% sold on the "command tower" bit's especialy on the top, it's just plain, might go fix that now, and i also made my own plaque thing on the stand. Sorry im not so good at photo's and 'coz i have no idea how to upload them into this post and i don't 'wanna break the rules about photo's, so there you go...

'ima shut up now.

C & C welcome.

J.P
"show me how to lie, im getting better all the time..."
huck to flat

Re: [STAR WARS] micro scale Venator Star Destroyer

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:20 am

The shape of the front is good, although I think you went a bit OTT on the antenna guns. I'd get rid of them apart from the 4 heavy cannons above the hanger bays on each side. Also, the back is too wide, and a bit messy. The bridges are actually quite good, but too flat. All in all, it's a good start.

Oh, try to take better photographs too, I had trouble looking at some of yours. It's best to take pictures against a flat-coloured background in good light.
Jake

Postby huck to flat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 am

yeah, ill take that into account, but , with the back end,it's all non- moveable. i really like it, but i couldnt source anything good to work from for the rear, however, from the movie, it looks like it is mesyy.

why is there no good feedback?
huck to flat

Postby Teekay » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Don't worry, Jake'll always point out needed improvements more than most others. However, I personally think, although I don't post MOCs here because I don't have a brickshelf, but that's another story, that it's better to tell needed improvements than good things. That way, you can make your MOC the best that it can be. Jake did a good job of pointing out needed improvements. I would definately agree with him, especially on the antennae guns. A few is good, but, as Jake said, you went a little over the top. Don't be discouraged, just take Jake's suggestions into account, and improve an already good MOC.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby huck to flat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:08 pm

yeah true.

can you see the other photo's when you click on the one up there?
huck to flat

Postby Legostein » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:54 am

Hello!

This is a very good interpretation of the Venator! :) Very detailed. As you built it rather in let's say "midi" size you have lots of opportunities to realize even more details as you already got. For example you could stick out the large red hangar bay doors on the top fo the wedge shape about one plate height. You will get more structure instead of just flat shape. I am sure you will play around a lot with the mdodel until you're completely satisfied. ;) Keep us informed on the status! :D

Cheers,

~ Chris
Legostein

Postby huck to flat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:24 am

wait, i dont quite get what you mean, where what when , hamburgers ?!!?!
huck to flat

Postby Clonecommando007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 am

Antenna guns are good, to an extent, but I think it's important that you don't overdo it. You might want to take several of those off; and I think you should re-do the dual heavy turbolaser cannons, the four on each side of the bridge. As the name implies, they are each supposed to have two 'barrels' per turret. This is very nice, but I think you can still do better. :)
Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild - http://www.TheCABG.net
Clonecommando007

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase