Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Really awesome fanmade Half Life 2 video.

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Really awesome fanmade Half Life 2 video.

Postby Firespray » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:06 am

Seriously this is just awesome and I have to share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo :shock: All done on a $500 budget :shock: This is like better than every video game movie combined.
Firespray

Re: Really awesome fanmade Half Life 2 video.

Postby Daniel Yuhas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 am

I'm a pretty big fan of Half-Life 2, and I was pretty impressed with this.

Aside from the acting, which I didn't think was very good (not terrible though), I thought it was awesome. It maybe could have done without all the shaky camerawork, but that's more the personal preference of the viewer. Was a lot of it kind of composites or game footage and real footage? Some images were straight out of the game I think, like the part with Dr. Kleiner talking on the screen. It all looked great.
Daniel Yuhas

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:24 am

Firespray wrote:This is like better than every video game movie combined.

QFE. Even those Halo clips from a while back just got eclipsed. Full scake Warthog aside, Weta just got their butts handed to them by a couple of guys with airsoft guns.

Really, top notch independent work, I could see this as a web series or even adapted into a fan film that I would pay money for. I'm excited that there were clips from latter in this story, because it means I'll get to see more. What's funny is it really, really felt like the game. Costumes weren't overdone, sound effects were spot on (that was easy though), the Combine moved and died like they should, and the shaky cam made my a little nauseous just like the game. :lol: I love that Valve flew them out to Seattle and is still in contact with them because of this... stuff like that just legitimizes my growing fanboy allegiance to them.

And the acting was about par for characters for the game, what more can you really expect? ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Joedward » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:12 am

I...I want more. That was just so awesome.
I've been a Half Life fan since the first game was released, if they could do a series of this with parts from both games I'd be so happy.

/waits patiently for some one to to something similar with PORTAL
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Dude, Portal is one of those things that no mater what people try will not look good on film. I love the game, and the story, but I absolutely do not want to see it bastardized on celluloid unless it's really convincing. (Same goes for Ender's Game, but that's already slated to be destroyed and has nothing to do with videogames)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to BCS 2.0