Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[VIDEO GAMES] Starcraft II Compendium

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[VIDEO GAMES] Starcraft II Compendium

Postby Pepa Quin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Ok, we're back! I did some more SC building last week, but since this is a new forum I'm going to post both the new and the older in one post.

First, the new!
The marines haven't changed a whole lot from the first game to the second. These are still the first - and often the last - line of defense for the Terran forces. The look has changed a little from the first game, but not a whole lot.
The head, helmets and legs are standard minifig parts. But to get the shoulder pats the way I wanted them, I had to brick-build the torso. Using a 1x1 brick with studs on all sides, I attach a simple tap piece. I put a helmet on there, and then I jam a Bionicle minifigure arm through the visor opening in the helmet and onto the tap. The result is a fairly articulate minifigure with massive shoulderpads. The figures are finished off with two more of the same type of bionicle arms to form the tanks on the back.
Image Image
Based on images found on the Starcraft Wiki. Click the images for the full gallery.

Other Creations:
Since I posted these before, I won't say too much about these.

Terran Banshee
Image This was the first of my SC creations, about a month ago. The banshee is an air-to-ground unit that can cloak itself for battle.

Terran Hellion
Image I followed that with two of these fast-attack land vehicles. These have flamethrowers perched on top.

Protoss Immortal
Image Just before the forums shut down I finished this creation. The Immortals are similar to the old dragoons but cannot hit air targets. However, they have much better armor.

Protoss Zealot
Image I'm still working on this one - not too happy with it yet.

That's all for now! I've got a lot of positive responses from this from all over the world, so I'm certainly not through yet! In the next few months I hope to create many more units from the upcoming game.

See you next time!
-Matt
"Stupid is a condition. Ignorance is a choice." - Wiley Miller
Flickr | Bricklink
Pepa Quin

Re: Starcraft II Compendium

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 pm

I still love that awesome display you put up over the weekend, haven't really played SC at all but these are awesome, I'm digging that Banshee the most. And another congrats at getting some blog attention on these last week.
Firespray

Re: Starcraft II Compendium

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Great stuff Matt, my favourite is the Banshee, the level of detail on it is phenominal. The Protoss Immortal is very intimidating, and it was great to see them "in action" at your LUG. My only gripe is with your little Zealot chaps, the barnicle legs don't suit them, as it forces them into a rather wide stance. Still, they're still pretty spiffy looking.
Jake

Re: [VIDEO GAMES] Starcraft II Compendium

Postby Zepher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Love the game, love the builds, now love you.

Really, i can't find anything wrong with them! Great job!
Zepher

Re: [VIDEO GAMES] Starcraft II Compendium

Postby Uberlag » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 pm

It makes me really happy that someone other than me has tried, (and in your case succeeded) in creating SC2 MOCs.
And if you could make a Thor that would just be amazing.
Uberlag

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase