Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Zekk wrote:By the way, I love the quote that starts off the thread on page one....great song... :D

Seriously, who doesn't love The Who (you don't have to answer)...they are rock gods in my opinion :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jettbacca » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:44 pm

yep they definately are.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby TheBohrok » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Hey there. I first found FBTB sometime in 2001 and finally joined the fourms in 2004. My interest in Star Wars LEGO has somewhat waned in the past couple years, but I still love LEGO. Recently I have sorta kinda become a film enthusiast, but I have yet to see many of the truly great films. I look forward to taking part in discussions here and getting to know members of the community better. See you all around!
TheBohrok

Postby DaVille2007 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:43 am

Well my name is DaVille2007 been a member since the start of 2006. I was a n00b back then and unfortunately a n00b today, I guess age doesn't make you any wiser :D .

Anywho I'm currently attending college, and am majoring in cultural anthropology.

Finally I love to torture minifigures I like to melt them enjoying the terror in their faces (especially the two expression faces) Muh ha ha ;)
DaVille2007

Postby Ham Salad » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 am

Hello FBTB!

I am from OZ and have been a lurker for 4 years and have decided to come into the light. So I also say hi to everyone XD!

Why Ham Salad. I think I was from an 80's Starwars spoof called Garage Wars, back before Youtube...Also used it in a story I wrote in High School which had Ham Salad, Puke Sidewalker, Chewinggum...well you get the idea.

Its great that so many around the world just love building with those little bricks. Before finding the FBTB building with Lego had been sporatic, but now I have dragged out all of my old bricks that had been in storage at my parents and I am back to building with avengence. Some of the stuff I have seen that people here and around the world are building just blows me away. My wife allows my hobby as she likes scrapbooking and it doesn't make her feel so guilty spending so much cash.

As a teacher of young children I have allowed my love of Lego and Starwars to take root in my classroom, where most of the boys and some of the girls would happily spend all of their freetime building with the brick. Parents often cure my name in jest at their child's insistence of more Starwars Lego! Have even started getting it for Christmas presents from kids. I already have begun the brainwashing of my new class Muhahahahaha! I have been showing some of the FBTB members awesome MOC's and trying to inspire the new generation to keep their love of the brick. I am starting a building club at school and would love any ideas to get the kids involved.

Looking forward to an exciting year of new Starwars sets and getting into building up my collection.

I ask everyone to spare a thought for the people down here at the moment who are dealing with the horrible bushfires that have claimed nearly 200 and still rising. Sorry to be a drag, but lots of kids missing and I have two of my own. So it cuts deep. Great to see all of OZ pulling together and have raised $91 Million since last Tuesday.

Anyhow hope to contribute to this great new forum!
I'm double parked in a parallel universe.
Ham Salad

Postby Jul063 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:46 am

Hello all,

So i've been waiting to register for a while now...and it's done.
So i used to play Lego in my young age, still got my collection at my parents, sets from 78 to 93. In 2006, i decided to get one of the SW sets (Clone Turbo Tank), and since then i got the virus back. I build sets mostly for Display purposes, even if my son would love to play with them..so he got the Agents serie for himself. know he got the virus too....my wife is so happy to bring both of us to the Lego Store...

My other delights are Wh.40k, i'm long time player since Rogue Trader for those who know, and an member of Team Montreal painting crew, even if 2 kids under 4 cut your painting time a lot.

Otherwise i'd like to improve my building abilities and get more involve in the Lego Community

Cheers'all

J
Jul063

Postby DutchRebel » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:44 am

First of all: welcome all you new members!

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm DutchRebel, been around on the old FBTB forum as well. You might not have noticed me there because I like to spend my time MOC-ing and I already have a lot of other hobbies like tennis, travelling, photography, music and watching movies. Most of the time I login here on my lunchbreak (I'm an interior designer). I owe FBTB my gratitude for getting me out of my dark ages, I'm 32 years old now.

See you around the forums

If you are interested, feel free to check my Brickshelf account on http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... DutchRebel
DutchRebel

Postby thesilverspyder » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:38 am

I'm this XD glad to finally be on the forums! My name is Josh, I am 26 years old, and I live in Kentucky in the US. It dawned on me a couple years ago that my favorite childhood toy and my favorite childhood movie had come together in a glorious way. Ever since, I've been pinching my pennies to buy up all the Star Wars UCS sets. My collection is almost complete and you can see all my set builds on my youtube channel. The link is in my sig.

I mostly build and modify sets to my liking, but I'd like to start dabbling in my own creations. I never use glue, ever. I like my displays to be precarious at all times. :)

My dream project is to build hangar bay 327 to house my yet to be purchased UCS Millenium Falcon.
See my entire collection built piece by piece!
http://www.youtube.com/user/dollarsignfrodofan77
thesilverspyder

Postby Poohbear » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:07 am

I'm Alex and I've been going under the username Poohbear for about 4-5 years within the FBTB forums. I'm 18 years old in my senior year of high school and unfortunately currently in my dark age for LEGO. Over the past few months I've been selling off my collection of pieces, sets, minifigures etc. in order to get ready for the fall when I plan to attend Eastern Connecticut State University.

I've spent a lot of time on the forums in the past and I have a lot of thanks to give to the members who really shaped how I participate on the internet as a whole.
~Poohbear~
Poohbear

Postby liquidcross » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am

I was liquidcross before, and I'm liquidcross now. I joined FBTB back in March/April of 2008, after I got back into Star Wars following some major surgeries. My love of LEGO was kicked into an even higher gear as a result, and this community was the first one I found that focused on the LSW line. I've been a happy poster ever since. :D
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Drock » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:47 am

Hey all. I am a 29-year-old (gawd, I can't believe I'll be 30 later this year) SW, LEGO, and SWLEGO enthusiast. I was only on the old forums for a couple of months. I live in Columbus, Ohio with my wife, 9-month-old son, 2 cats, and dog. I am an engineer by trade, but that's just my job.

I have a fair collection of castle sets from the late '80s/early '90s. I didn't mean to get wrapped up in SW LEGO, but a couple of years ago I picked up the AT-ST, B-wing, and V-wing because they were on clearance at Target. Then one time at TRU I got a General Grievous ship really cheaply because the box was damaged (looked like it had been runover by a towmotor or something). Then SWLego snowballed into an obsession for me. XD

Other than my family (which is above all and takes up most of my time), I volunteer at a hospital, enjoy watching older movies, and listening to music. I like progressive rock and "fringe jazz" such as acid jazz, funk, fusion, etc.
Drock

Postby obi-wan jimboski » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:54 pm

I am Obi-wan Jimboski, or Jim for short... I am a 34-y-o father of 2. I have been a Lego fan for 30 years, and have really gotten back into collecting Lego after the launch of the SW license.

I am in the Metro Detroit Area, Canada is to the south of me.

Currently working on my MBA at the University of Michigan.

Been on FBTB for 6 years or so...
obi-wan jimboski

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:12 pm

I supposed I better jump in this as well..

My name is Ryan, I go by Chief here, formerly known as lights when I first joined FBTB in late 03 or early 04, I forget now. I live in Los Angeles, I'm 24, a fulltime college student, part time shipping (whipping) boy, with dreams of working in TV or film production. I have my own LUG!

I'm married to a sweetheart who has grown to love Lego in the 2 years we've been married, and we have a rad little 1 year old son.

I pretty much started my journey into the online Lego world at FBTB. I was kind of a punk kid back then, but I did a lot more building back then, though I do build *bigger* now than I ever did before. My Flickr gallery, my Brickshelf gallery, and my MOCpage.

Also, I never thought I'd one day be an admin on the site I loved so much! XD
Chief

Postby liquidcross » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Holy crap, Chief, you're that young?! :O
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Jettbacca » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Poohbear, didn't you used to go by Poohbear14?
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby lens314 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Well, I was a memeber of the previous incarnation of FBTB, but never really introduced myself. Besides LEGO & SW, my hobbies includes taking my car to the track, flying Cessnas, and messing around with my computers. I am a software engineer, and know quite a bit about computers. I have not built much with LEGO recently since I am in the process of decluttering the whole house, and the LEGO room has become the place to dump everything that needs to be taken care of eventually.

You can find some of my LEGO work, and my collection as of Apr '06 on my Flickrstream. My username there is lens314.

Since the SW sets have been in existance, I have been only collecting them and some of the train stuff, though some of the Indy stuff looks pretty cool.
-lens314 flickr
lens314

Postby Kit_Fisto » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm a 15 year-old celtics fanatic, my first name actually being Will. My username actually only part derives from the Nautolan Jedi Kit Fisto. The Fisto is indeed based on the great Jedi. But I put Kit there not only because of Kit Fisto of Star Wars but for my Great great great great (I'm not sure if that's the right amount of greats) Uncle, who was in the civil war. His first name, coincidentally, was Kit. I honor him for dying to save a higher officer. He was given the medal of honor. I therefore honor him in my username. The underscore is just there for style.
I live a little south of Boston, the best city of all time.
Last edited by Kit_Fisto on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Word: "Ubuntu"
Kit_Fisto

Postby Joedward » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Jettbacca wrote:Poohbear, didn't you used to go by Poohbear14?

He got his name changed a few years ago on oldFBTB
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Myrddin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Myrddin. I joined FBTB in early '05 under the name D1, a name I never particularly liked, but at the same time couldn't bring myself to ask for a different one. With the need to re-register here, I decided it was time to change it.

I was never overly active on the previous FBTBs, and while I probably won't be here either, I look forward to reading the discussions and adding where I may.

Cheers! XD
Myrddin

Postby EwokWarrior » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I am 13 and a citizen of Mississippi. I have been a forum lurker for about 3 years ( I think). I like video games and have a Wii, a Nintendo DS, a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP, A PS2, and a computer. I enjoy various video games including Medal of Honor, various Star Wars Games, Rock Band and countless others! I also enjoy rock music, especially classic rock, food, and, obviously, LEGO and Star Wars. I am self proclaimed leader in Star Wars Knowledge of my hometown, and... I like Jar Jar! My name and hometown will be anonymous.
Who am I? I am the galaxy's top Ewok warrior. That is all anyone needs to know.
Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=EwokWarrior
EwokWarrior

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0