Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Ambassador Nominations 2009 - Cycle 7

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Lego Ambassador Nominations 2009 - Cycle 7

Postby Olog » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Hello LEGO Enthusiasts,

We’re happy to announce that the nomination process for LEGO Ambassador Cycle 7 is now open.

The LEGO Ambassador Program is designed to give the AFOL Community a direct line into the LEGO Company. The Program is essentially a gathering of community representatives that speak on behalf of the larger communities they are a part of. This group is able to bring forward the interests, concerns and questions directly to LEGO Employees.

Who’s allowed to nominate?

Any AFOL Community Group (online or on the map) will have the opportunity to submit nominations from their group (up to 3 people if they so choose). Not everyone can be selected for the program in order to keep the group manageable.

If you choose to submit a nomination it does not mean that your candidate will be chosen, but it does mean that your group will have just as much an opportunity to get involved in having a direct representative in the LEGO Ambassador Program. We will try to get a diverse group of people who are able to represent the whole AFOL community as good as possible.

Groups can certainly nominate someone already in the Ambassador Program, but the program has a two term limit in order to opportunites for more people to be involved. After a term out of the program, a previous Ambassador can be re-nominated (this rule only started with cycle 6 so all current Ambassadors are still eligible).

A group that submits a nomination for the LEGO Ambassador program should be established and known within the LEGO Community.

What should a nomination have in it?

• Name and age of the nominee.
• Where is the nominee from?
• Which Group does this nominee represent?
• Does this person consent to being nominated (Please do not submit a nomination on behalf of someone you have not discussed with
beforehand).
• Explanation of who the nominees are, what their activities are, and why they would be a good representative of their community
(at least 3 testimonials from members of nominating group are required)
• Key interests of the nominee (themes, building styles, and some examples of their building)

NEW!!!

• Platform – The nominations should now include a list of the goals that the nominee and the community he/she represents are looking
to accomplish as part of the program. Remember the LEGO Ambassador Program is all about the AFOL community having
representation into the LEGO Group, so this is an effort to have you think ahead as to what you really think would benefit your
communities the most.

When is the Nomination Due?

July 1, 2009 by midnight GMT. If a nomination is received after this time it will be automatically rejected.
The new cycle will be announced on approximately July 8, 2009.

Who Should the Nominations be sent too?

Nominations should be sent directly to [email protected]

What might a LEGO Ambassador be committing too?

• LEGO Ambassadors are committing to represent their communities interests to the LEGO Group.
• There are projects that Ambassadors can take part in, it is up to the individual to decide what they may or may not be interested in
working on. It all comes down to how they feel they can best represent their community.
• Online discussions will be held for the Entire group of Ambassadors that will include members of the LEGO Community Team and
other LEGO Employees as well.
• In order to get the most out of the program you should be willing to give some time to in order to help discussions along.
If you don’t give time to it then you may not be dishonoring the nomination you received from the community.

There is no NDA requirement to take part in the LEGO Ambassador Program for Cycle 7. There may be an instance where a special project will come up and the Ambassadors may have to sign an NDA to participate in that, but it will take place in a separate forum in order to limit confusion as to what can be said outside of the Ambassador program. Otherwise, anything shared in Ambassador Discussions can be shared with the AFOL Community.

This next session of the Ambassador Program will last approximately one year.
Thank you all. Your nominations are very valuable for helping the LEGO Community Team choose the next round of LEGO Ambassadors.

Steve Witt – LEGO Ambassador Lead
&
Tormod, Jan, Jim, Lenka, and Phil
The LEGO Community Team
Olog

Re: Lego Ambassador Nominations 2009 - Cycle 7

Postby Solo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:07 am

So far Jeremy and I have been considering giving this a shot, but we'd love to get some feedback from everyone else. Any of you feel like tossing your hat in the ring? Think of someone you'd like to see representing FBTB? What would you like us to try and accomplish if we were selected? Lets hear it!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 am

If I knew I had the time to dedicate to this, I wouldn't mind trying it out. But as it is, I don't feel I could put the effort into it ;)
Turkguy19

Postby brickfett » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:11 am

You guys have my support.

Does FBTB not have an Ambassador already in the program?
brickfett

Postby Solo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:25 am

Two, actually... Adrian (you know, the guy up there who started the thread?) and Mike.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby copyright » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:25 am

Turkguy19 wrote:If I knew I had the time to dedicate to this, I wouldn't mind trying it out. But as it is, I don't feel I could put the effort into it ;)

Yeah, and you still haven't joined AZLUG... or wait, now you left AZ anyway. Traitor!
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Postby Turkguy19 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:01 am

Say what now? I was never in AZ :lol:
Turkguy19

Postby countblockula » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:07 am

I fully support Don and Jeremy!

I'm not gonna put my name in for ambassador again this year. I think Don and Jeremy are way more active in the daily community discussions here, and that makes them perfect to act as voices for our community.

This past cycle was the first time that online communities were given the chance to have ambassadorial representation, and it was kind of a testing year, I think. Being an ambassador for an online community is pretty different from being one for a real life lug, in my opinion. I tried both, and I think I'm really better suited for the latter, given that there's a lot more face-to-face and hands on stuff, which is more what I'm better at -- I see that now.

I totally regret not having enough time to devote to FBTB this past year, and stepping away from the role / responsibility of ambassador is gonna free up the time and attention I need to get back into this place big time. I've got so much stuff I've been working on that I just haven't been able to give the proper time to in order to get it done and presented to the community, and that's my first priority from here on in.

That, and I totally miss just goofing around with everyone! :D
countblockula

Postby GrayMattR » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:31 pm

There's nobody on FBTB that I wouldn't support. I don't post very often but I read most of the posts and feel like I know most people here. You guys that go to lug meetings and conventions are really qualified. Just don't everyone raise their hand at once so FBTB can get continual representation for each Ambassador rotation.
GrayMattR

Postby Solo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:03 am

Well everyone, Ace will be submitting the nominations tomorrow, so there's still time to volunteer a testimonial for either of us. Feel free to PM Ace or post it here if you want to show your support. Without them our site may be overlooked this ambassadorial cycle since both of our current Ambassadors have decided to step down this round. ;) No pressure!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Andi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:11 am

Don and Jeremy as Ambassadors for FBTB would be very cool, because both do very much for the community. They love Lego, know Lego, spend a lot of time with Lego and would represent the community of FBTB very well.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 am

I, theJudeAbides, under my own volition and without compensation monetary or otherwise, do hereby pledge my support for LEGO Ambassador nominees Don and Jeremy.

Both nominees have played a very active role in the online LEGO community known as FBTB. Not only are they proficient builders who delight in sharing their creations, but they are also quick to complement other' creations and offer advise on how to improve. As moderators for the site, they are dedicated to maintaining a friendly environment on what is very often an unfriendly medium (the internet). Both are assets to not only the FBTB community but to the larger LEGO community as a whole.

Specifically, Don was instrumental in creating and organizing [at least] two LEGO creation contests on the FBTB site which garnered attention beyond the site. The Steam Wars and Pod Racer contests were extremely successful events that brought the community together.

Jeremy, on the other hand, has played a quieter role. As the moderator of the site's trading section, he has worked tirelessly to ensure safe and reliable transactions. His work has enabled users to buy, trade, and sell used LEGO products without fear of unscrupulous individuals.

I am certain that both nominees, in their commitment to the larger LEGO community, would make excellent Ambassadors, repesenting their concerns and opinions with skill and tact.

Sincerely,
theJudeAbides
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby SuperDave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:32 am

I'm not sure they'll accept testimonials for multiple persons at the same time. So I'll help out (assuming Jude's listing of Don first counts as a single entry).

"I, SuperDave, under my own volition and without compensation monetary or otherwise, do hereby pledge my support for LEGO Ambassador nominee Jeremy.

The nominee has played a very active role in the online LEGO community known as FBTB. Not only is he a proficient builders who delights in sharing his creations, but he is also quick to compliment others' creations and offer advice on how to improve. As moderator for the site, he is dedicated to maintaining a friendly environment on what is very often an unfriendly medium (the internet). He is an asset to not only the FBTB community but to the larger LEGO community as a whole.

Jeremy has played a quieter role. As the moderator of the site's trading section, he has worked tirelessly to ensure safe and reliable transactions. His work has enabled users to buy, trade, and sell used LEGO products without fear of unscrupulous individuals.

I am certain that the nominee, in his commitment to the larger LEGO community, would make an excellent Ambassador, repesenting our concerns and opinions with skill and tact.

Sincerely,
SuperDave"
SuperDave

Postby copyright » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31 am

YAY Don! Congrats to our 2009 LEGO Ambassador!
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Postby countblockula » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:32 am

The official results announcement:

Announcing the members of the LEGO Ambassadors for Cycle 7

This was a great year for nominations for the LEGO Ambassador Program. We received a total of 86 nominations and settled on 45 members who will be participating for the coming year.

The new cycle represents 27 different nationalities and 50 different groups across the globe. Please congratulate the Cycle 7 LEGO Ambassadors.

The following list gives the name of the Ambassador, what group(s) they represent, and what country they live in.

Sebastion Arts – De Bouwsteen – The Netherlands
Sue Ann Barber – MUGs – Australia
Patrick Begin – QueLUG – Canada
Heiner Berg – MBFR – Germany
Norbert Black – ParLUGment – Canada
Pitsanu Boonyarit – Thai Brick Club – Thailand
Andrew Bulthaupt – BZPower – USA
Pijarn Charoensri – T-LUG - Thailand
Marco Chiappa – ItLUG – Italy
Ben Coifman – Railbricks, ILTCO & COLTC – USA
Fernando Correia – PLUG – Portugal
Yvonne Doyle – Brickish Association – the United Kingdom
Ben Ellermann – Classic-Castle.com, GatewayLUG & ForbiddenCove.com – USA
Adrian Florea – RoLUG – Romania
David Furphy – CALG – Australia
Lluis Gibert – HispaLUG – Spain
Tim Gould – Brothers-Brick.com – Australia
Matija Grguric – Klub Kockice – Croatia
Philip Heinrich – Bricksinmotion.com – USA
Tom Jacobs – Classic-Pirates.com – Belgium
Tsang Yiu Keung – HKLUG – Hong Kong
Sung-Wan Kim – BrickInside – South Korea
Christian Krutzfeldt – 1000Steine – Germany
Tuomas Kukkamaa – Palikkatakomo – Finland
John Langrish – VicLUG – Canada
Igor Makarov – DoubleBrick & Phantoms – Russia
Lino Martins – LUGNUTS & SeaLUG – USA
Matija Puzar – Brikkelauget – Norway
Don Reitz – FBTB.net – USA
Wagner Cavalli – LUG Brasil – Brazil
Harald Roossien – LowLUG – The Netherlands
Dan Rubin – Classic-Space.com – USA
Kazuyoshi Saito – AFOL Japan – Japan
Svend Erik Saksun – Byggepladen – Denmark
Verena Schaden – LCOe – Austria
James Shields – Brick.IE – Ireland
Josephine Shih – TWLUG – Taiwan
Mikael Sjostedt – Eurobricks & SweLUG – Sweden
Pedro Silva – Comunidade 0937 – Portugal
Ludo Soete – BeLUG – Belgium
Stacy Sterling – MOCpages & TwinLUG – USA
Saso Tomat – Slobricks – Slovenia
Jenn Wagner – BrickLink – Canada
Marcin Witkiewicz – LugPol – Poland
Cagri Yuz – TurkLUG – Turkey

Congratulations to the LEGO Ambassador Group for Cycle 7!!!

Steve Witt
LEGO Ambassador Lead
countblockula

Postby Andi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:56 am

Congrats, Don!
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby RocketClone » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:04 am

Congrats Don!
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Congrats Don. Thanks for keeping FBTB on the map. Jeremy, submit your forms again next time - they're sure to pick you.

I was surprised how diverse the picks were among so many LUGs. That's a good thing even if FBTB only has one now.
GrayMattR

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm

CONGRATULATIONS XD
banthafodder

Postby thepatient » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Way to go Don. Does this mean you get diplomatic immunity when you go to Denmark, and LEGO Land California?
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Return to General LEGO Discussions