Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Venator now available in UK

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Venator now available in UK

Postby Boyfromvalley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 pm

The Venator class Star Destroyer is now available on the UK LEgo web site at the price of £97.85.
Boyfromvalley

Re: Venator now available in UK

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 am

£97.85?!

WTF .... it's smaller, has 197 less parts and less figures and yet it's £18 more expensive than the 6211 ISD ?! This does not compute ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Joedward » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:19 am

I think LEGO gets more and more ambitious every year with the way it tries to screw it's European customers over for more of their money
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby ccjwprongs » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:31 am

Prices on some existing sets have gone up slightly too. :(
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 am

ccjwprongs wrote:Prices on some existing sets have gone up slightly too. :(

Yeah, what's all that about? A couple of quid on some old sets and quite a hefty increase on the new sets (For example, King's Siege has gone up to £73.39 for 973 pieces while the new Troll's Mountain Fortress is the same price for 844 pieces). The new pricing looks wildly inconsistent (Medival Market village still £68.50 for 1601 pieces) and random. It's going to be a frustrating summer!

Also, I thought the UK wasn't getting Space Police, but a page has appeared for it.

Edit: Maybe the massive price increase for the Venator is the start of some higher initial prices for sets followed by more money off offers? Effectively promoting the sets as on offer but really leaving them at the same price as previously. Stores do that all the time.
Last edited by Jabba the Taff on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabba the Taff

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 am

Jabba the Taff wrote:
ccjwprongs wrote:Also, I thought the UK wasn't getting Space Police, but a page has appeared for it.

I believe that S@H will be the only UK retailer with these sets ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:02 am

Those 97 GBP are still nearly 30 Euro less from the price we have to pay for that set. (139.99) So stop complaining ;)

btw, Endor and Echo Base are too available now at German S@H. In other countries as well?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:08 am

I noticed that the Euro zone is even worse off, although obviously you're comparing at a time when the exchange rate is still favourable for the £ to the Euro.

But yes, looks like Echo Base and Endor are available in UK too, although no pics on the site yet ... £21.49 and £73.39 respectively. Those prices aren't too bad I guess, kinda the level I was expecting anyway.

If you compare the Venator to the Motorized AT-AT ... the AT-AT has a very similar amount of pieces but including all the motors and stuff and it STILL cheaper!!! The whole pricing thing doesn't make much sense.

Let's hope the other retailers will be more sensible!
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals