Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

First Lego Rock Band Trailer!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

First Lego Rock Band Trailer!

Postby Staff » Fri May 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Found via Kotaku, this here appears to be the first trailer for the upcoming Lego edition in the music game series:

Lego Rock Band is scheduled to hit this holiday season on all the major consoles.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/05/29/first-lego-rock-band-trailer/
Staff

Re: First Lego Rock Band Trailer!

Postby Robzula » Sat May 30, 2009 12:01 am

Emo hairpieces! Yes!
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby tekjock » Sat May 30, 2009 4:21 am

But it goes up to Eleven ... You have to love the Spinal Tap nod

If that is the kind of music that is going to be in this game then it will be CRAP. That is not ROCK
tekjock

Postby Blacknight » Sat May 30, 2009 9:05 pm

This game looks like an abomination. It reminds me painfully of the stop-motion Lego music videos on the cesspool of the internet that is Youtube.
Blacknight

Postby ILikePi » Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm

It won't be for PC? :'(
ILikePi

Postby legofett » Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 am

:S In the words of Han Solo, I have a bad feeling about this!
legofett

Postby ranwanimator » Sun May 31, 2009 4:46 pm

I don't get it. Why smush the two genre's together at all? It's not as if LEGO has a series of Rock N Roll sets (yet) and it doesn't make sense for anyone to aspire to be a minifig rocker. I know this is aimed at a much younger audience, but it hardly seems relevant outside of two "hot" Intellectual Properties wanting to capitalize off of each other.
ranwanimator

Postby lego-method » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:18 am

the more the merrier...enuff' said.
lego-method

Postby Brainslugged » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 am

I love Lego and I love Rock Band, but I don't really see the point of this game either. The singing figs look cool, but I'm not even normally aware of what's going on in the background while I'm trying to hit the right notes anyway. Plus Activision (I think RB is publised by Activision) already charge people $5 to bring their RB1 songs over to RB2 so you only have to use one disk. How will this work with a third game? I have an unopened RB2 game that I got in the RB2 bundle that I'm just going to sell as I already have RB1 and would prefer to just cherry pick songs I want from the PS3 store rather than end up with a large number of songs I don't ven like.
Brainslugged

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:57 pm

What is that music? Jonas Brothers? Since when is the music they play considered anywhere close to rock? Because they say so in the song? In that case: I'm the ruler of the entire friggen universe and everything in it. I said it, so it must be true. :roll: They're pop. We all know it, so why don't they stop denying it. This is my problem with the Rock Band series. With a name like "Rock Band," you'd think the music in the games would be... oh, I don't know... Rock? But no, there may be a few rock songs, but then they putter off into soft rock and pop territory. Now, I don't care if you want to make a "Pop Band" game, as I'm sure there'd be an audience for that, but call it what it is and stop screwing around. Otherwise I'm liable to call up the BBB and report some false advertising. That is all.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby thepatient » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Well, you start off with Jonas Bros., Hannah Montana, and Cheetah Girls to easy them in to the music scene and get their purity rings. Then you get them hooked on the hard stuff. Rush, Iron Maiden, Storm Troopers of Death, Black Flag and Barry Manilow.

Today on the KTLA Morning news the Cyber Guy showed the latest Rock Band gadget. It's a turntable. Looks pretty funny.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby 11Numb » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:27 pm

thepatient wrote:Rush, Iron Maiden, Storm Troopers of Death, Black Flag and Barry Manilow.

Barry Manilow = Effin' Hardcore.

Wow, they managed to cram my LEAST FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME onto LRB (For the record, it's "So What" by P!nk... I swear to God, I can't go a day without some moron blasting it). I already wasn't going to buy it, but that just entirely cut me off. I suppose its for the younger, more-into-crappy-music demographic... and does anyone else hear a Cow being Milked?
11Numb

Postby meeotch » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 pm

thepatient wrote:Today on the KTLA Morning news the Cyber Guy showed the latest Rock Band gadget. It's a turntable. Looks pretty funny.

Are you talking about DJ Hero? That's been a hot topic in electronic music circles, well, mostly how ridiculously they screwed the pooch with that pathetic turntable controller.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby legofett » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:54 pm

While were on the subject, I just had to return my d*** GH world tour guitar back to gamestop today ,as it was faulty, and double strumming. >8( I'm glad i'm getting a new one after the Playstation network $ card I bought for a ton of songs. BTW Pink is horrible! :shock:
legofett

Postby Firespray » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:25 pm

legofett wrote:While were on the subject, I just had to return my d*** GH world tour guitar back to gamestop today ,as it was faulty, and double strumming. >8( I'm glad i'm getting a new one after the Playstation network $ card I bought for a ton of songs. BTW Pink is horrible! :shock:

Cool story bro.
Firespray

Postby SkwerlJones » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 pm

legofett wrote:BTW Pink is horrible! :shock:

Much prefer her with a Floyd attached to the end.

It is long overdue for me to give a thorough evaluation of this product, soley based on the information presented to me through the means of the trailer seen earlier in this thread. Careful inspection and tedious minutes examining the musical selection has lead me to the final conclusion that: it sucks. Don't get me wrong, I know that LEGO is just trying to appeal to the youngins who have never heard the music we prefer, but it's just the fact that they jumped on this RockBand GuitarHero bandwagon, instead of creating fun and creative games. Terrible music asside, it will just be another rehash with the same controls, same basic plot, and same feel. It seems like they are trying to make a quick buck by using an easy formula mixed with annoying kiddie songs, instead of providing us with their usual brand of fun, building-block related entertainment./rant
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby ccjwprongs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:26 am

New gameplay trailer. Does actually look pretty badass.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/17/lego-rock-band-debut-gameplay-trailer/#continued
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby MrBrick » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:32 pm

ranwanimator wrote:I don't get it. Why smush the two genre's together at all?

Money, for Rockband their losing the game sales against Guitar Hero! They made this so that they could appeal to younger audiences, as you can see I'm on the GH side :)
MrBrick

Postby Andi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Do you actually need such a guitar (or other instrument) controller for playing it? Or does it work with the 'normal' gamecontroller as well?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Robzula » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Why is everyone blaming LEGO on the game just being a rehash of old Rock Band games? Isn't that what ALL music games are? Also, of course LEGO is doing this for the money, that's the point of a business.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes