Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby starwarslegoguru » Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Wazzap my homies? The names' guru, starwarslegoguru. No I'm not really a guru of any sorts, although I like to think I am ;). I've been with FBTB since '05 but really have kept to myself. I've posted lame MOC's and Fig's from time to time, but I couldn't compete with the fantastic other pieces of sweetness around me( and well...was just getting a bit lazy on foto-takin XD ). I've played with Starwars since the crib, and I belive they are the best things everz! I've always been a lurker around the forums, but alas I feel I should probably get more active so's you dont kick me out of this haven :p. and well...I'm also trying to up my post count for the May the Fourth be with You contest XD. Anyway, on to the interests!

Favorite Movie(s): Back to the Future trilogy is simple the greastest, period.
Favorite Sport: Futbol Americano anyone?
Favorite Video Game: Any C.O.D./Starwars/Halo
Favorite Computer Game: Star Wars Empire at War :p
Favorite TV Show: The Mentalist!
Favorite (Sw) Lego Set: Too many to list :cool:

Happy trails and Happy building!

~SLSG
starwarslegoguru

Postby gratefulnat » Mon May 25, 2009 2:47 pm

A big hello to all, I've been enjoying fbtb for about a year now, nice and quiet in the backround (a lurker, isn't that what you call it?) and finally decided to out myself and join in on the fun. I call myself gratefulnat because I'm a deadhead, and my name is Nathaniel. I saw SW back in 1977 right after my 7th birthday (I'm 39 now and getting a little grey around the edges), and it blew me away. I also loved LEGO as a kid, but stopped sometime in my teens. My son was born in 1999, and when he was 3 I started checking out the LEGO Duplo sections at stores, and whoa, saw some LSW sets (a Duplo Vader might be pretty cool) and have been hooked ever since.
I work in sales for an oil company (you just don't know how that freaks me out), hopefully I'll be able to head a project due to start in fall, which means pay raise, which means more LEGO XD. I'm a single dad with my son, so my LEGO habit is restricted to collecting and building SW sets, although every once in a while I do find time to do a little MOCing. My son also benefits from my habit, but every so often he gets a little jealous when I pick up a load of LEGO and it's not even my birthday :lol:
Anyways, nice to start taking part here with fellow minded folks and assorted wierdos >:) , a compliment to all who run this boat - great job. I'm still finding my way around here, so be patient and correct me when I fudge up.
'You can't hold on and you can't let go
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will'
gratefulnat

Postby thepatient » Wed May 27, 2009 11:54 am

So let me make sure I have this straight Gratefulnat... You're a hippy that works for an oil company.

You are the dichotomy that is man.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Heady » Wed May 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Welcome Nat! Are you Swiss, or does your job require that you live there?
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Postby dakdogba » Fri May 29, 2009 5:05 am

as with everything in life, theres a story behind my username. gather round kids.

the short story is, its my own star wars character,smuggler, rebel sympathizer and secret jedi master with an astromech called r2- t2 (ter for short)
the long story is : roughly 6 months brfore the blockade of naboo, a jedi called arven kenobi stumbles across a trade federation weapons test(starfighters that funtion independant of the control signal).
he is captured and taken to the detention area where he finds a smuggler called, Dak Dogba, who has a ship onboard, the centurian phoeinix.
using the force, they7 escape and arven brings dak with him and they head for the phoeinix but they are ambushed bydroids.
Dak tosses arven the starter chip for his ship and holds off the droids, before being shot dead. arven takes the ship and ter, (who hacked into the trade federation mainframe and found plans to atack naboo)and heads to the planet Naboo, where he joined bravo flight and waited for the droid army. more better stuff to follow tomorrow.

if you want to hear it. there is the naboo resistance movement, the clone wars order 66, the rebellion, (and because i feel all of most of the post rotj books are flawed a different version of events. ie. if anakin was the chosen one, why do the sith keep cropping up every couple of books, and i refuse to aknowledge njo) rant over
dakdogba

Postby John » Sat May 30, 2009 9:20 am

Well hey guys, the names John. (As you can see.)

John is my first name, and lack of a better name to use, I chose it as my Forum name. Some people may remember me as Dubjo from the old forums, and I joined up on here when I realized I wasn't enjoying my stay in a radiation-exposed, zombie infested forum. :)

Well I'm sort of in a Dark Age right now, have been for a while, but I still love all things Star Wars and enjoy admiring other peoples creations.

I hope to get back into the swing of things around here, and *Possibly* fiddle with my old LEGOs again.

~John
~ D U B J O ~
John

Postby Tachyon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 am

Hello all, Tachyon here, who nobody will remember as Fett on the old forums since I rarely posted. I joined FBTB back in '06 and stayed in the B/S/T/F forum. But now I have come back to bring nothing to your lifes exept for the extream bordom you are experiencing reading this post. I hope everybody has an enjoyable day while I go back to my dark corner.
Tachyon

Postby dyip_90 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:47 am

dyip_90 here...haven't posted for quite the while, even before the "nuke"? (someone want to PM me all the details?)

For those that remember me, I am the "bus guy" - probably the most infatuated individual with public transportation on this board. I remember some of the more prominent members - nice to see you again. For those I haven't never seen before, I'd say welcome, have fun - I look forward to discussing LEGO with you guys once again. :)
dyip_90

Postby Chief » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:19 am

Welcome home! :)

The forums were nuked when zombies invaded. Does anything more need to be said? :lol:
Chief

Postby Joedward » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:24 am

You can't leave out the bit about you going power mad and bringing the apocolypse down upon us all. I think that's worthy of a mention. :D
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Harvey1409 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:44 am

I am Harvey, and I am 13 years old. I will turn 14 on October 12/ 2009. I am from Middlesboro, Kentucky, USA, and I enjoy collecting Lego toys. When I was like 6, 7, or 8???, I went to my local KB Toys store and saw some nice Star Wars sets. Some of them are the Final Duel I & II, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, and the Tusken Raider Encounter. I am fond of Lego City, Space Police, Creator, Spongebob, Racers, and Ferrari. I also had the Droids Battle Pack and the A-Wing Fighter (the new one in 2006). Back in May 2009, I bought a Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and my interest in Lego Star Wars came back to life again. And if I can, I want to get some Lego Star Wars sets very soon...
May the Force be with you!
Harvey1409

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:32 pm

My name is Steve. Everyone: "Hi Steve." I am a 39 year old AFOL who lives in the central valley of California; the devil's armpit. I was sure glad to see that I was not the oldest one on this site. I don't recall what my first Lego set was. All I remember it was some collection of bricks to build a house out of. I got it when I was five from my grandma in St Gregor, Sask. Any Canadian members know where that is? Anyway after the early space sets I fell away from lego.
Jump a few decades into the future, I am married with 2 kids ages 11 and 7. When my son was six I had suggested starting him building legos to develop his spacial abilities. That was like giving crack to an addict. He started off with the Harry Potter sets which didn't interest me too much but then he became a star wars junkie and he and I were done. We have been collecting and building ever since. Like some others I too was there when star wars first came out and remember seeing it at the drive-in. Combine lego with that and the rest is history.
In order to pay for my addiction I am an orthopedic surgeon; a glorified carpenter. Heal with steal! XD I found this site one day while surfing the net and bricklink and have enjoyed it ever since. I frequently view this site between surgeries as a way to pass the time waiting for O.R. rooms to turn over. My hats off to the creators and mods of this site for giving us a forum to express ourselves and share our experiences.
My other hobbies include H.O. trains and I have a good collection of Southern Pacific trains. I also enjoy muscle cars and have a 2007 Shelby GT500 super snake that I like to drive around to relax. I am not computer savvy but I try my best with my posts. My building skills are OK but i mostly enjoy sharing this with my son and seeing all the wonderful MOCs people come up with.
Congratulations to all those that have understanding wives. If it weren't for my son being involved with this I would probably be trying to dig lego out of the lawn and the garbage ;)
banthafodder

Postby AdiCredal » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Im Adi_Credal, but i decided to leave out the "_" this time.

I honestly cannot believe I'm on the Straight Shooters List still, I really can't.
Most of you are thinking "Who the hell is this kid?" Why is he acting like he's been here before?" He just signed up today!"

Well younglings, the reason Is because I'm an old member, I was here in 06 And a bit of 07 when I was 11. Now I'm gonna be 15 in September :D Sorry for not being on, but the last time I tuned in with you all, I was In 7th grade, and that was when I just said Hi, i was really a contributing member when I was in 6th grade.

Well, In September I'm gonna be in 10th grade, I know, big Jump right???? Yeah but hey, the inevitable has happened.

I'm getting back into legos, and thats a real neat feeling, seeing as in 07 I put all my minifigs in a bag, I dumped by B-Wing in a bin, and all my bricks and such in the same bin. Well, I have unearthed them, my room floor is covered with them, and im working on a big big project, so big I'll borrow a digital camera from my friends... AND POST!!!

Ha, sorry I was doing the dramatic thing on purpose, anyway its real nice to be back, this summer I'm gonna be home most of the time and bored out of my mind, so expect some posts from me.

And on a side note, I'm real happy to see some of the people from when I was on back in 06 still on today, You guys are alot more reliable than me!

I've seen three names so far, but i haven't looked through to many posts, But its good to see your still on Joedward, dWhisper (Remember when we traded ALL the time? or maybe it was once, bah I don't remember) And i saw Andy, i think thats what he changed his name to, i dont remember. If I remember correct I became buddies with him towards the end of my fbtb activity, or maybe it was someone else.

Anyway good to see this forum is still up and running!!!! I like what you did with the place XD

And what happened to all the posts??? Where did the threads and accounts go???? And I miss thoes avi's D:
AdiCredal

Postby nacho » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:09 am

Nice to have you back...but, surely you mean the lady Andi? Is there another Andy around here? A dude Andy?
nacho

Postby AdiCredal » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:10 am

nacho wrote:Nice to have you back...but, surely you mean the lady Andi? Is there another Andy around here? A dude Andy?

i dont recall

i think i may be thinking of andi, who i did not know, but there was the dude who's name used to be vulture droid, i dont remember what he changed it to.
AdiCredal

Postby Galagoo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:07 pm

He changed it to Andrew. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing him here on the new forums..

Anyways, nice to have you back. I remember you (I'm another newbie of '06).
Galagoo

Postby AdiCredal » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Ah yes! Andrew, eh Andy, Andrew, i was close D:

anyway good to see you, i remember you :)

And like i said, once i get the cable i need, my work will continue!!!! ON MY BIGGEST (only) PROJECT YET

MUAHAHAHAH!!!!
AdiCredal

Postby Kyle » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Andi is a nice LEGO-lovin' lady from Germany.

Andrew used to be Vulture_Droid.

Andy was a sassy bloke from Australia.
Kyle

Postby PocasNuckie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:43 am

Hi again.

I say again, because a long long time ago in a Galaxy far away I was an active member of this forum. Actually, FBTB was the first forum I got into when I started looking for LEGO stuff in the Internet (mostly because it was also dedicated to SW wich I also love).

For a long time I knew nothing else but FBTB (I was young, and wasn't as much as an internet explorer as I am now) and so I kept myself relatively active, but then things changed in life, I also knew other LEGO Forums, and I lost my connection with FBTB (I even lost my account).

For many times, I tried to comeback, but it didn't end in sucess, but now that holidays are starting I felt like giving a try at coming back to the very one birthplace of my LEGO story.

Anyways, my name is Pedro Almeida (generally known as PocasNuckie, or just Pocas, but you can find me to have a ton of different Alias in the whole internet). I am a 19 years old guy from Portugal (I am a member of the Portuguese LEGO Users Group) and I am an addict for LEGO since like .. ever (fortunately i've never met the Dark Ages). Other things I like are Star Wars (my favorite LEGO theme also), computers and technology in general (I'm taking University course on computer engeenering), sports and hot chicks (ah who doesn't like them?).

I guess i've already been too boring for you all, so well, be cool, and we'll see ourselves over the forums. ;)

Pocas
You know, Uncle Scrooge baths on his money, I bath on 1x1 Plates!
PocasNuckie

Postby AdiCredal » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:56 pm

PocasNuckie wrote:Hi again.

I say again, because a long long time ago in a Galaxy far away I was an active member of this forum. Actually, FBTB was the first forum I got into when I started looking for LEGO stuff in the Internet (mostly because it was also dedicated to SW wich I also love).

For a long time I knew nothing else but FBTB (I was young, and wasn't as much as an internet explorer as I am now) and so I kept myself relatively active, but then things changed in life, I also knew other LEGO Forums, and I lost my connection with FBTB (I even lost my account).

For many times, I tried to comeback, but it didn't end in sucess, but now that holidays are starting I felt like giving a try at coming back to the very one birthplace of my LEGO story.

Anyways, my name is Pedro Almeida (generally known as PocasNuckie, or just Pocas, but you can find me to have a ton of different Alias in the whole internet). I am a 19 years old guy from Portugal (I am a member of the Portuguese LEGO Users Group) and I am an addict for LEGO since like .. ever (fortunately i've never met the Dark Ages). Other things I like are Star Wars (my favorite LEGO theme also), computers and technology in general (I'm taking University course on computer engeenering), sports and hot chicks (ah who doesn't like them?).

I guess i've already been too boring for you all, so well, be cool, and we'll see ourselves over the forums. ;)

Pocas

thanks kyle

anyway, I believe I remember you, and your story is very similar to mine (comebacks, used to be an active member etc)
AdiCredal

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0