Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Sansweet's Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Sansweet's Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles

Postby Staff » Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 am

If you're interest in Star Wars as a hobby goes beyond LEGO, you may be interested in an upcoming book by Stephen J. Sansweet titled Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles. Sansweet has the world's largest personal collection of Star Wars memorabilia. Housed in Northern California at "Rancho Obi-Wan", he along with co-author and principal photographer Anne Neumann, will be publishing the contents of the museum to book format. I'm pretty sure they're not going to be able to include EVERYTHING, but it's a good bet they'll be showing the more notable pieces, inluding some LEGO statues. Here's an excerpt from the article published at StarWars.com:

Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles, due out from Abrams on October 1, takes the reader on a journey through cool and kitsch, from toys and costumes to life-size statues made of LEGO bricks to consumer goods such as candy, clothing, toothpaste -- and much more. Drawn from the largest private Star Wars collection in the known universe, this stunning treasure trove of memorabilia and colorful anecdotes mixes fun with nostalgia, delighting both the casual fan and the serious collector.

Pre-order your copy from Amazon.com today!

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/05/29/sansweets-star-wars-1000-collectibles/
Staff

Re: Sansweet's Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles

Postby thepatient » Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 am

I've seen this guy's collection on a show about colectors on the History Channel. It's one of the few times I've seen a show and I'm over come with envy. He converted the barn on his property to house his entire collection. It's most impressive. It isn't like it's stored in a vault, most everything is out on display. I will likely get this book for my collection.

Another good book is the Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book by Geoffrey T. Carlton. The fifth edition comes out this August (I have ed. 2 and 4). It makes another great resource along with bricklink and ebay on purchasing on the secondary market. Actually, in the second edition, fbtb.net is listed as a resource for the book. That's how I first heard about this site. So blame him. ;)
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby gratefulnat » Fri May 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Wow.
'You can't hold on and you can't let go
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will'
gratefulnat

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri May 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Nitpick: It's "principal" photographer, not "principle". Sorry.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby LEGOscum » Sat May 30, 2009 12:11 am

I've been to Steve's place several times and his museum is incredibly exhaustive. Have a look at the coverage I wrote a while back in 2005. I think I've got one of my customs featured in the book, but I'm not sure yet :O

I can't wait for the next 100 volumes of this series to come out!
LEGOscum

Postby onions » Sat May 30, 2009 10:27 am

Mofo Jones wrote:Nitpick: It's "principal" photographer, not "principle". Sorry.

ty its been fixed
onions
Damp Noodle

Return to Star Wars