Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Decal Request

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Decal Request

Postby Kaminoan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 pm

There are several references out there that people need to be aware of so they can check them BEFORE requesting a decal design and 90% of the requested designs already exist.

Sites hosting Decals:
www.FineClonier.com - All designs can be downloaded for PERSONAL USE only! There is a HUGE resource of well over 700 designs.
www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/minifigcustoms - Many figures shown here include the decal design, which can be downloaded for PERSONAL USE only! Many hundred designs!

If I missed any references, please PM them to me and I will add them to this list.

How To Articles:
Decal Design: http://www.fineclonier.com/Decal_Design.pdf
Decal Application: http://www.fineclonier.com/Decal_Application.pdf

Templates:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=132284
http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork. ... atecentral

Give creation a chance, try making your own design before asking for one to be made!!

- CHECK REFERENCES BEFORE REQUESTING A DESIGN!!! -

This forum is not for requesting designs specifically from me, but for requesting designs from the community at whole. So please if you enjoy designing decals, jump in and create all and any.

Kaminoan
Kaminoan

Re: Decal Request

Postby Brawn GP F1 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:51 am

As I asked for with no success on EB: Image
Brawn GP F1

Postby Andi » Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 am

I am looking for a face decal for Christopher Lee. I don't want to take a LEGO Vampire head, it is so white.
thanks in advance.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Astromech

Postby Gen_Shingar » Thu May 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Has anyone released a Astromech droid torso & head deal for cusomizing use?
Gen_Shingar

Postby Gen_Shingar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 am

I just made one, based on the LEGO minifig I just got, looks perfect at 650dpi, just need to make the dome decal now :)
"Give me a blaster, I'll give you the world." - Gen. Shingar
Gen_Shingar

Postby Gen_Shingar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:21 am

Finally, got all my astromech done, and was wondering if anyone had skulls...

Specifically (That I know of)
LEGO Skull
LEGO Harry Potter Skull
LEGO Castle "Evil" Skull (Red Eyes)

and any other skull decals anyone has or can find (Never a lack of skull uses :) ).

I have tried looking for these, but I was unsucessful (The computer I am using is slow, even by dial-up standards) I have tried flickr, MOCPages and attempted brickshelf, but it was having errors.

Any help would be helpful.

Thank You,
Gen. Shingar
"Give me a blaster, I'll give you the world." - Gen. Shingar
Gen_Shingar

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 am

I'm looking for mouths.

Specifically, I'd like a series of mouths with different expressions in a digital image file. I want to be able to take a mouth, and chroma-key out the background so that I could apply them Robot Chicken-style to minifigs. I'd be using them in Final Cut to animate the mouths of minifigs in stop motion animation. Preferably I'd like them to be in the style of the recent minifig designs; that is to say very expressive and fitting in with the current style.

Image Image Image

Again, I am just looking for the mouths. I'd like to have expressions, in addition to various levels of open to animate speech. My skills are lacking, and I'd like to have a step up from than drawing a black oval and pasting it over the mouth, or digitally manipulating a shape in post production.

It would look something like this, but with a style closer to the minifig mouths being released now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to try this idea out, but lack the design skills to make them myself.

>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Wow! Those are perfect. How did I miss those?

It says unavailable for download. Would the $10 be for a physical decal sheet or for the digital image file?

EDIT: Sorry about that, moved to PMs.
Last edited by GIR3691 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Chaotic Good » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Wow! Those are perfect. How did I miss those?

It says unavailable for download. Would the $10 be for a physical decal sheet or for the digital image file?

For the physical waterslide sheet. When you apply them, the white parts will appear because of Kam's magic printer. ;)
The clocks were striking thirteen..
Flickr
Chaotic Good

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I see.

Well the idea is that I would digitally place the mouths on the figures in post production, so I would need a digital file of the image.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Chaotic Good » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:40 am

GIR3691 wrote:I see.

Well the idea is that I would digitally place the mouths on the figures in post production, so I would need a digital file of the image.

Ah. I see. Sorry, I got a bit muddled. :S
The clocks were striking thirteen..
Flickr
Chaotic Good

Postby KinzCove » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 pm

I have a face decal request.

That Jester Sad Face:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23544802@N02/3587338065/

And: (It's kind of an amazed/shocked face)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vrvcld&s=6

Finally: (A nervous, sweaty kind of face)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jijleg&s=6

It's a bit hard to make out.

Also if you do include some of the bangs of hair, make it brown not red.

Thank You! :D
KinzCove

Postby Masked Builder » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Masked Builder

Postby DarthVader# » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Is there any way that you could make decals from the mario games? Like Mario from Super Mario Bros., Luigi? Thanks.
DarthVader#

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:11 am

Does anyone have or know where to find an extensive library of brick (not minifig) decal templates? Specifically, I am looking to decal two 2x4 tiles, two 1x8 tiles, and the side of two 2x4 bricks. I just picked up the Shuttle Adventure, but I want to make it more authentic-looking with some NASA decals. . .

UPDATE:
Found some templates that I could work with to create the appropriate decals. Now I've printed out a couple of proof sheets, but it appears that I can't get my printer to print with high enough resolution to bring out all of the detail on my decals. Mostly what I'm missing are the stars on the NASA logo (used the "Color Insignia" on this page) and the stars on the smaller U.S. flags for the side panels. Would anyone be willing to help me out by printing these out on waterslide decal paper and shipping them to me at cost? I'd really appreciate an assist. Thanks!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby theone » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 am

Gen_Shingar wrote:Finally, got all my astromech done, and was wondering if anyone had skulls...

Specifically (That I know of)
LEGO Skull
LEGO Harry Potter Skull
LEGO Castle "Evil" Skull (Red Eyes)

and any other skull decals anyone has or can find (Never a lack of skull uses :) ).

I have tried looking for these, but I was unsucessful (The computer I am using is slow, even by dial-up standards) I have tried flickr, MOCPages and attempted brickshelf, but it was having errors.

Any help would be helpful.

Thank You,
Gen. Shingar

i think there is a black castle skull
theone

Next

Return to Custom Minifigs