Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Space Torso and Face

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Space Torso and Face

Postby ThePaleMan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 am

This is my second attempt at some decals. There is a lot of room for improvement. I took the colors from MCN and I think they may look better printed on white decal paper instead of clear.

TPM
ThePaleMan

Re: Space Torso and Face

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:13 am

They look good, well done. The decal design is cool too, is it your own?
Jake

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 am

That's cool, that looks like a true old school faction!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThePaleMan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Jake - Yes, the torso is my own design, drawn in AutoCAD, printed to pdf, and colored in Photoshop CS. I have several other decals in the works and I may show some of them later.

Don - Thanks, man. That was my hope.

TPM
ThePaleMan

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 pm

I really like the style, I wish you had some cleaner shots of them though. I never thought of designing my own decals in AutoCAD... might have to give it a shot!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby uubergeek » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:16 pm

on your color issue, the white helps it show true color rather than being on a darker color...

that's why the best decals and such are done on alp's printers with a white undercoat... it's basically the same thing lego does for printing on darker color torsos... or any type of screen printer for that matter
Chris C. :::: My Flickr :::: My Site
uubergeek

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 pm

uubergeek wrote:alp's printers

Care to elaborate on that?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby uubergeek » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:17 pm

the really fancy printers that aren't made anymore that are able to print white :)

they can print multiple layers on the same thing... meaning you can underprint white for your decals (or whatever else) and then print over top of the white with colors.... they also print in metallics...

as they aren't made anymore... you can't get a new one... they have them on ebay ehre and there, but you never really know if it has problems or not...
Chris C. :::: My Flickr :::: My Site
uubergeek

Return to Custom Minifigs