Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Special Discount On 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Special Discount On 10179 UCS <em>Millennium Falcon</em>

Postby MShiels » Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 am

And watch out, it seems shop@home is removing posters from all orders but '1' from each account/address/credit card combination. SO they are enforcing a 'one per customer' limit even though NONE WAS PUBLISHED.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby gfxguy » Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 am

Ara wrote:
gfxguy wrote:With very few exceptions, I never pay full price for sets that expensive.... 50% off seemed like a great deal until it became 66% off! ;)

Oh come now. You're saying you've never had a "I-gotta-have-it" episode? Even when it's the last on the shelf? XD

:lol: Dude! I covered myself with the "with very few exceptions" part!

Still, I never paid full price for anything that was over $100 MSRP, and still never paid over $100 for any set.

And, I'm not trying to brag, I make over 6 figures and still can't bring myself to spend that much on LEGO. I guess I have the "cheap gene" that developed when I was a poor college student.
gfxguy

Postby Ara » Thu May 07, 2009 9:56 am

gfxguy wrote: :lol: Dude! I covered myself with the "with very few exceptions" part!

DOH! I missed that! :shock:
Ara

Postby Septemris » Thu May 07, 2009 1:31 pm

gfxguy wrote:And, I'm not trying to brag, I make over 6 figures and still can't bring myself to spend that much on LEGO. I guess I have the "cheap gene" that developed when I was a poor college student.

Over 6 figures? So that's minimum 7 figures then. Our first official millionaire member! :p
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby gfxguy » Thu May 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Septemris wrote:Over 6 figures? So that's minimum 7 figures then. Our first official millionaire member! :p

:p Here's six figures: 000000. Here's "over six figures:" 000001

There, I make over six figures.

Wait... no, no, that's not it at all. I thought we included decimal places.
gfxguy

Postby Justin(sane) » Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm

How will we know who won the contest?
Justin(sane) Just insane.
Justin(sane)

Postby sidneyleejohnson » Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 am

MShiels wrote:And watch out, it seems shop@home is removing posters from all orders but '1' from each account/address/credit card combination. SO they are enforcing a 'one per customer' limit even though NONE WAS PUBLISHED.

Does lego have a right to do this? Did they violate false advertising laws and a breach of contract once the order was placed with the poster in the receipt? I'm contemplating contacting my attorney general about this bait and switch tactic by Lego.
3 possible legal avenues: false advertising(householding <> while supplies last , bait and switch, and breach of contract-written/email agreement)
sidneyleejohnson

Postby onions » Fri May 08, 2009 11:43 am

sidneyleejohnson wrote:
MShiels wrote:And watch out, it seems shop@home is removing posters from all orders but '1' from each account/address/credit card combination. SO they are enforcing a 'one per customer' limit even though NONE WAS PUBLISHED.

Does lego have a right to do this? Did they violate false advertising laws and a breach of contract once the order was placed with the poster in the receipt? I'm contemplating contacting my attorney general about this bait and switch tactic by Lego.
3 possible legal avenues: false advertising(householding <> while supplies last , bait and switch, and breach of contract-written/email agreement)

overreact much?

if TLG said 1 per person or 1 per order, they have every right. its up to them how they define what an "order" is. shipping address? credit card number? both? *shrug* and if you were attempting to defraud them by getting more than your share, should lego contact the authorities in your area and arrest you?

go ahead and call the attorney general. see if they don't laugh at your claim and/or hang up on you.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri May 08, 2009 12:37 pm

sidneyleejohnson wrote:3 possible legal avenues: false advertising(householding <> while supplies last , bait and switch, and breach of contract-written/email agreement)

No wonders there are more lawyers in America than in all other countries... combined!
Daz Hoo

Postby meeotch » Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 pm

lololololol. This is the second time recently I saw someone talk about getting "legal" with TLG (the other being during the Canadian code fiasco with the Millennium Falcun, and admittedly, the person in that instance was rather level-headed and seemed to be more pondering aloud whether the law was with him as oppose to being hot-headed about it.) But seriously, in instances like this, I just think, "What exactly do you want out of this situation?" Depending on the laws in your area (or of where Lego is doing business out of, I'm not too sure who has jurisdiction here) you aren't really entitled to much more than market value and maybe your legal fees. Unless you represent yourself, and then you're really not terribly likely to win against TLG. So, you people are going to hire a lawyer over, at most, a couple hundred dollars? You'd probably get laughed right out of any lawyers' offices.

So, in the case of this poster, let's say you win "fair market value," and Lego gives you some 50 to 85 bucks (that's what I hear they're going for on eBay right now). What will you probably do with the money? GO BUY MORE LEGO! HAHAHAHAHA. "Hey, Lego company, f* you guys for screwing me. Give me teh moneys!!11 Oh, I get teh moneys?!?! Here, take teh moneys back!!!11"

Or, let's take this all the way. You're only so passionate about this because Lego makes a product that you care about. Okay, I can dig that. But, let's imagine your little class-action suit puts TLG out of business. You'd have a LOT of pissed-off AFOLs. That's funny. Now, I know that both of these situations are so unlikely they may as well be considered statistically impossible, but I just think it's funny whenever someone feels slighted enough to blow their top over something so relatively mundane, and these are the kinds of situations I imagine.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby MShiels » Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 pm

I sure wouldn't bother consulting a lawyer, but I would sure press them hard, on making sure they are clear in communications. They should know by now, being a decent sized business, you gotta treat things openly/fairly. They already enforce X per CUSTOMER limits on sets, so should have done the same on posters. I mean imagine a family trying to get 2 or 3 for the kids, and saying yes, we got the orders in, then having to cut the single poster into 3 pieces. If it was stated up front they would say the kids could share the only single one they were allowed. Just not a real good customer satisfaction idea they did. The silly thing of not stating the limit, means they actualy cost themselves more good will, and probably customer service personnel time, than they could have imagined!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
MShiels

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 pm

meeotch wrote:50 to 85 bucks (that's what I hear they're going for on eBay right now).

$50 for a piece of paper? How in the world is the price that much? :shock: That's interesting.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby b4p » Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 pm

i'm sure lego just didnt anticipate the demand. it certainly doesn't help when people place 10-20 orders:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... ntry495124
b4p

Postby gfxguy » Sat May 09, 2009 6:05 am

b4p wrote:i'm sure lego just didnt anticipate the demand. it certainly doesn't help when people place 10-20 orders:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... ntry495124

Yeah, but that guy didn't get them, he only got 1. There's a similar thread at bricklink; someone is complaining they made 25 orders and he was pretty mad at only getting 1.

I say kudos to LEGO.

What's odd to me, though, is if they retroactively are removing 10 and 20 posters from people, don't they have enough to give people who ordered later? It seems they are not retroactively adding them to any orders.
gfxguy

Postby MShiels » Sat May 09, 2009 3:39 pm

I wonder if we'll see a 'second offering' later once they find out how much they have left, could be cool. I bet they are clearer next time on expectations!!
MShiels

Postby dpao » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Just recently (in the past month or two) rediscovered my inner Lego fanatic, and now I'm kicking myself for missing out on this offer. :facepalm:

Any opinion/idea on whether this offer is ever going to be brought back?
dpao

Postby UOldPirate » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:07 am

Were you asking about the poster or the discount on the UCS Falcon? If you were referring to the poster, you probably won't see that exact same poster from Lego again. It was made for Lego's 10th anniversary (May 2009) of producing SW sets. Unfortunately, if you want one of those, you'll might have to resort to Ebay.

As far as the 25% discount on the UCS Falcon, while unlikely it is still possible. Lego put out a press release and sent out emails around Halloween 2009 that production had stopped on the Falcon. Once the sets in the pipeline sell out, it's gone. Walmart and Amazon are already sold out, TRU currently has 6 and Target has 22. So unless Lego is sitting on a ton or another retailer just wants get rid of them, you may not see another 25% off again. Who knows !?!
UOldPirate

Postby dpao » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Yes, I meant the 10179 itself.

Oh jeez, thanks for the update on stock levels at the diff retailers. I have to get my hands on one real soon then. Hang the expense XD You only live once, yes?

Thanks!
dpao

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals