Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

May The Fourth Be With You 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

May The Fourth Be With You 10th Anniversary Celebration

Postby Staff » Fri May 01, 2009 12:50 pm

LEGO Star Wars isn't the only game in town celebrating it's 10th Anniversary. FBTB was born the same year the LEGO Star Wars products hit the streets. We've had a couple of rough spots over the course of our history, but I can say with confidence that the current state of affairs ever since the relaunch, which I affectionately refer to as FBTB 3.0, has never been better. Part of that is due to the awesome staff I have working with me on the site. And a HUGE part of that is our community. In order to celebrate, I've cooked up a very special giveaway as a way of saying thanks.

Those of you may remember LEGO's first promotional set from a while back, the MINI TIE Fighter. I had done a giveaway exclusively for forum members called "20 MINI TIEs in 20 Days". From May 4th through the 24th, 2009, I will be doing a similar giveway I'd like to call, "May the Fourth Be With You". Okay, so I borrowed the term from somewhere else but it works on so many levels, I couldn't resist. Anyways, for 20 days, I'll be posting a series of challenges in our forum. The challenges will range from trivia questions, to photo assignments to building challenges. There will be a little something for everyone. Here are some basic rules and guidelines. This list will be updated and finalized before May 4th so I urge you to check the forums for the master thread and re-read the rules. Oh, and the prizes you ask? The winner of each challenge can pick either a MISB Chrome Darth Vader or a MISB Chrome C-3PO. That's right! I had to perform a lot of sexual favors to get the prize package; and I did it all for you. ;)

Challenges:
1) I'll be posting a series of challenges where specific tasks must be done or questions must be answered. Each challenge may carry it's own set of guidelines in addition to the ones outlined below, so please be sure to read the challenge rules carefully.
2) Challenges will be posted once per 24 hours starting 12:01am May 4th, 2009 and ending 12:01am May 24th, 2009. Just to be clear, that is when the giveaway period starts, and not necessarily when the first challenge will be posted. No two challenges will be posted in the same one-hour time slot. So if I post a challenge on 3:15pm on one day, no other challenges will be posted during the 3:00-4:00pm time slot.
3) Challenges will be posted randomly throughout the forums. They will not be posted in Start Here or Buy/Sell/Trade.
4) To enter a challenge, simply post your answer/photo to the challenge thread within the eligibility period. Each challenge will have an eligibility period stated as to when entries will be accepted. Entries posted after the eligibility period will not qualify.

Rules:
1) To be eligible, you must be a forum member registered before May 1, 2009 with at least 5 posts posted before May 1, 2009.
2) You can win only one challenge. Winners will be declared as soon and as fast as humanly possible.
3) Eligibility period for each challenge will be posted in the challenge rules.
4) In the case of a tie, the first correct entry received in chronological order wins.
5) In the case that a challenge has no winner, a new substitute challenge will be issued at the end of the giveaway period.
6) Editing your posts FOR ANY REASON will disqualify you for all challenges of the May Promotion
7) You may enter a challenge only once. Multiple answers/photos in your reply will disqualify you for that challenge.
8) No whining or complaining. Whining and complaining will summon the whaaaaaaaaaaaambulance and you will be carted off, unable to participate in all challenges. And if you've been declared a winner of a challenge, you forfeit that challenge.
9) Do not harass the admins about the challenges. Discussion about the current or past challenges is allowed. However, any questions about picking a winner, judging a challenge, or when the next challenge will be posted will be grounds for disqualification. And this goes for the chat room as well.

Judging/Winner Determination:
Ace, Don, and/or Ryan will be determining the winners of each challenge.

Prizes:
The winner of each challenge will be able to choose either an MISB Chrome Darth Vader or MISB Chrome C-3PO minifigure.

Disclaimer:
FBTB is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged mail. By entering the contest, you agree that if you win, you will release FBTB, its owner and administrators from liability for any non-delivery of prize, or damage caused by transit, acts of God, or mishandling by delivery personnel. No insurance or tracking method will be used. You enter and win at your own risk. But honestly, I've had zero problems and the chances of something terrible happening to your prize are slim.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread.

-------

Challenge list:
1) Guess How Many LEGO Elements In The Jar. Winner: Puddleglum
2) Build a Sigfig of Don. Winner: PepaQuin
3) Trivia. Winner: Turkguy19
4) Tell Me a Joke. Winners: Qzak, Teekay
5) Bake a Star Wars Cookie. Winner: Mister Ed
6) FBTB For Life. Winner: Darth Kraven
7) Trivia II. Winner: Bulls_Eye
8) Ryan Sigfig. Winner: Lego Engineer
9) Group Picture. Winner: ricefields
10) FBTB History. Winner: meeotch
11) Haiku. Winner: Septemris
12) Star Wars Caricature. Winner: Jay
13) Object Spelling. Winner: a red shirt
14) Ace Sigfig. Winner: Firespray
15) Trivia III. Winner: Obi-Wan Skywalker
16) Day in the Life. Winner: Veers
17) Cheerleader. Winner: jzyg
18) Droid Collection. Winner: Gingerbeard Man
19) Guessing Game. Winner: Jabba the Taff
20) Where's C-3PO. Winner: Joedward
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/05/01/may-the- ... lebration/
Staff

Re: May The Fourth Be With You 10th Anniversary Celebration

Postby BigBenKenobi » Fri May 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Wow, you guys are seriously awesome :D . Just one question at the moment...will the challenges have multiple items that must be completed for one to win, or just one main task?
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Joedward » Fri May 01, 2009 1:09 pm

<3 you Ace.
This sounds both interesting and awesome amounts of fun.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby The Jedinator » Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok sounds like fun. Just one question. What if multiple people answer the question/do what is need? Will there be a random number drawn?
The Jedinator

Postby onions » Fri May 01, 2009 1:12 pm

BigBenKenobi wrote:Wow, you guys are seriously awesome :D . Just one question at the moment...will the challenges have multiple items that must be completed for one to win, or just one main task?

just one main task, but that task may involve a series of subtasks to accomplish the main task. make sense?

The Jedinator wrote:Ok sounds like fun. Just one question. What if multiple people answer the question/do what is need? Will there be a random number drawn?

i thought i made this clear:

[quote=staff]
4) In the case of a tie, the first correct entry received in chronological order wins.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby meeotch » Fri May 01, 2009 1:14 pm

I have a hypothetical: let's say I have all ready won a challenge. Can I participate in subsequent challenges (i.e. builds or photo contests) for simple enjoyment if I state in my post that I've all ready won and just want to play for fun?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby onions » Fri May 01, 2009 1:16 pm

meeotch wrote:I have a hypothetical: let's say I have all ready won a challenge. Can I participate in subsequent challenges (i.e. builds or photo contests) for simple enjoyment if I state in my post that I've all ready won and just want to play for fun?

you're nuts.

i'll amend the rules to allow for participation for fun. you may have to post after the deadline though to give everyone else a fair shot and to make it easier for the judges to judge.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby meeotch » Fri May 01, 2009 1:19 pm

*crosses eyes while making motorboat sound with forefinger and lips*
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Tervlon » Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Sexual favors? I thought we were trying to protect the kids. Not that we mind the results, I suppose. The vaders and 3po's I meant.:x
Tervlon

Postby bigospedros » Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm

This sounds great ... well done on the staff for this :)

Question about postage ... if a winner wants to pay you for extra safe mail services, to be on the safe side, can they do that ?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Blondie-Wan » Fri May 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey, sweet! Thanks for the opportunity! :D

[quote=staff]LEGO Star Wars isn't the only game in town celebrating it's 10th Anniversary.

Why, that's right - doesn't 2009 also mark the tenth anniversary of Spongebob Squarepants (not the LEGO license / theme, but the Spongebob character / series itself)? LEGO should issue commemorative sets for that, too...
:shock:

Regarding the rules, I imagine I know the answer to this question (and hope you don't mind my asking about something that presumably should be obvious), but juuuuust in case...

[quote=staff]Rules:

5) Editing your posts FOR ANY REASON will disqualify you for all challenges of the May Promotion

That does refer just to posts responding to the challenges, right, and not everything one posts in the forums (regular discussions, trade offers, etc.) for the entire month of May? I know I'm probably fretting needlessly, but I thought it couldn't hurt to be safe and sure... :x
Blondie-Wan

Postby onions » Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

bigospedros wrote:This sounds great ... well done on the staff for this :)

Question about postage ... if a winner wants to pay you for extra safe mail services, to be on the safe side, can they do that ?

i'll take that into consideration.

Blondie-Wan wrote:[quote=staff]Rules:

5) Editing your posts FOR ANY REASON will disqualify you for all challenges of the May Promotion

That does refer just to posts responding to the challenges, right, and not everything one posts in the forums (regular discussions, trade offers, etc.) for the entire month of May? I know I'm probably fretting needlessly, but I thought it couldn't hurt to be safe and sure... :x

Yes, that only applies to edits made to challenge entry posts. Regular posts in the forums are a-okay.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby The Jedinator » Fri May 01, 2009 1:53 pm

onions wrote:
BigBenKenobi wrote:Wow, you guys are seriously awesome :D . Just one question at the moment...will the challenges have multiple items that must be completed for one to win, or just one main task?

just one main task, but that task may involve a series of subtasks to accomplish the main task. make sense?

The Jedinator wrote:Ok sounds like fun. Just one question. What if multiple people answer the question/do what is need? Will there be a random number drawn?

i thought i made this clear:

[quote=staff]

Ok my bad I didn't see that part.
The Jedinator

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri May 01, 2009 2:13 pm

FubTub Staff > Every other noun

A big thanks to everyone here for setting this up, and for making the last four or five years so enjoyable. :p
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Fri May 01, 2009 2:22 pm

I don't get it. What do you mean they will be "hidden"?
P.S. I am new Am I eligable?
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby CommanderFox » Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm

OH!!! Exciting.....Very Very Exciting :D XD

CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby ILikePi » Fri May 01, 2009 5:25 pm

I don't have 5 posts yet... :(
ILikePi

Postby starwarslegoguru » Fri May 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Alright, quick question. Been around for ages, but dont really tend to post that much, because frankly, I feel I don't really want to? :lol: However, since I don't have 5 posts as of this moment, am i disqualifed from the event? I really wanted a C-3P0 too.. :'(
starwarslegoguru

Postby onions » Fri May 01, 2009 5:43 pm

The point of the giveaway is to see how far I can push members into making fools of themse- er.. i mean, to thank our forum members that contributed to the community. You don't contribute much by way of lurking and not participating in discussions. 5 posts before today is a relatively small number and reasonable. So if you have less than five posts before today, unfortunately you are disqualified.

To check to see how many posts you have, click on your own name in any post. You will be taken to the "Viewing Profile" page. There is a link to "search user's posts". Click that link to see how many posts you've authored.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby The Brain » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Whoa, I've posted here 81 times! :lol: (82 now, but...)

Does that make me over-qualified? ;) I keed, I keed. Ima win a C-3PO. Fo shizzles.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Next

Return to Community Features