Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Monsters' Revenge! And the Winner Is....

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Monsters' Revenge! And the Winner Is....

Postby onions » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:11 am

I've spoken to the elders of the Rock Monster tribe. And they've come to a consensus as to which entry was best suited for their guerilla warfare tactics. This was a tough decision as there were two outstanding entries. In second place:

The Rocck by Puddleglum

And in first place:

Boobytrap Bridge by BrandonB9

These two entries stayed true to the guidelines of the contest. The idea was to keep things simple and have some element of a surprise attack. Complex machinery and technology are foriegn to their heritage and way of life, and thus would have a difficult time gaining traction in their strategies for revenge. The rest of the entries were great as well. Ry's pick for third place was Larry Lars' vehicle. My third place choice was a tie between Skafte's Lava Ambush for staying true to the guidelines, and Hugobax's The Shredder Truck for sheer looks. The only reason Boobytrap Bridge took first place was the inclusion of video to show the explosion. Had Puddleglum been able to pull of a spring loaded blade that pops out and rolls, it would have been a no brainer.

Thank you all for participating in the contest. It was a real treat to see all the entries in support of the Rock Monster's efforts to defend their land against the invaders.

(BrandonB9, send me a PM with your mailing address. You have a boulder blaster headed your way.)
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Monsters' Revenge! And the Winner Is....

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:10 am

Second place, yay! I wish I could have had time to attempt a modification of mine, but life events conspired against me. Kudos to BrandonB9 for coming up with an excellent play feature! :)
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Skafte » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:30 am

This was a great contest and a nice way to round off the April Fool's PM switch. I'm really happy to get mentioned for a tied third place, it was my first (submitted) entry. Congrats to the winner and to everyone else, especially the monsters!

My wife had an idea of the monsters adapting a peace-and-love-attitude towards the Power Miners, and thought I should build a vig of monsters and PMs smoking and hangin' out. I didn't feel that would follow the guidelines, though... XD
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby vanesssa99 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:55 pm

What a wonderful idea, I really like it, Thanks a lot :lol:

simulationcredit
vanesssa99

Return to Contests & Community Builds