Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The inevitable Halo thread...

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

The inevitable Halo thread...

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 pm

I've been checking out the new Halo Wars demo on the 360, not too bad for a console RTS. Definitely picking this one up next month. Also tried out the Resident Evil 5 demo, last RE game I played was the 2nd game so this was a new thing for me. Not sure if I'll buy it or not but it seems pretty fun from what I can tell.
Firespray

Re: Random Video Game Thread

Postby Jettbacca » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:47 pm

For some reason my parents don't let me get Halo. It really sucks :cry:
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Re: Random Video Game Thread

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Firespray wrote:I've been checking out the new Halo Wars demo on the 360, not too bad for a console RTS. Definitely picking this one up next month. Also tried out the Resident Evil 5 demo, last RE game I played was the 2nd game so this was a new thing for me. Not sure if I'll buy it or not but it seems pretty fun from what I can tell.

Just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. I'm gonna get the Flaming Warthog. :D

Jetrooper

Re: The inevitable Halo thread...

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm

That Warthog is undeniably cool, and I say that as someone who has barely ever played Halo and doesn't buy into the whole "Halo rocks" mentality.
Jake

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:46 pm

I get a special code that allows me to have that and the Honor Guard Wraith also.

Can't wait to pwn those noobs.
Jetrooper

Postby Emperor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Ha you would start this thread marc :P

Anyone know if the Halo Wars demo will come out for PC anytime?
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Er, to be fair, I split this off from a separate thread. He just happened to be the first person to mention Halo on the new forum.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Heady » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:20 pm

I really am behind on the times...
I still have Halo CE on my Mac, as that's the newest Mac edition...
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Emperor wrote:Ha you would start this thread marc :P

Solo wrote:Er, to be fair, I split this off from a separate thread. He just happened to be the first person to mention Halo on the new forum.

How did I know it was Solo who split this off before I even read the "thread"? :lol:

And Empy, as far as I know, it's 360 only for the time being.
Firespray

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Emperor wrote:Ha you would start this thread marc :P

Halo Wars will never make the journey from console to PC, according to the game's lead developer. We spoke to Ensemble's Graeme Devine at a Microsoft press event last week, and enquired about the possibility of a port in the near future:

"Zero. Never. I'm going to go on the record and say never ever! Microsoft may go and announce it, but I'll say never."

Devine went on to stress that the forthcoming RTS has been designed with console gaming in mind, and that this where the game will stay.

"The whole point of the game was to do it with the controller, it was never to think of, 'oh my gosh, in two years time let's do it on PC.' It was never ever that. Let's put the effort into Halo Wars 2, rather than making Halo Wars work on PC. Halo Wars is a console game, and it was designed to work on a console. So let's keep it on a console."

Work on the title is largely finished, he added, with "pretty much everyone" at Ensemble now playing the game ahead of its release next year.

Graeme Devine wrote:Zero. Never. I'm going to go on the record and say never ever! Microsoft may go and announce it, but I'll say never.
Jetrooper

Postby JT-77 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm

I played the demo, and upgrading marines into ODSTs on skirmish is pretty awesome.Also, anyone else seen the pictures of Sandbox, the new Foundy?
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/ ... msblog.jpg
Looks nice, finally no restricting ceiling!
Nazi Zombies 4 Ever
JT-77

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:35 pm

*coughinvisiblewallcough*
Jetrooper

Postby JT-77 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Jetrooper wrote:*coughinvisiblewallcough*

I mean that atleast all the objects won't get stuck on the ceiling outside while trying to place them.(Plus those bases that geting the way are gone, and it's said to be bigger :D)
Nazi Zombies 4 Ever
JT-77

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Speaking of Sandbox, here's a bunch of screens.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/ ... mgs_1.html
Jetrooper

Postby Fantom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:55 pm

^ Look at image #8, I believe that's new elite armor? Maybe elite recon?
Previously Zombie Ben
Fantom

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:04 am

Fantom wrote:^ Look at image #8, I believe that's new elite armor? Maybe elite recon?

Nope, no new armor, it's not even possible for them to put in new armor like they do with maps.
Firespray

Postby Jetrooper » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Fantom wrote:^ Look at image #8, I believe that's new elite armor? Maybe elite recon?

Looks like Flight to me.

Jetrooper

Postby legofanatic209 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 pm

i downloaded the demo thinking i was going to hate it the box art looks like it would suck. but i was totally hooked right away i havent spent much time with it yet i downloaded it at 2 am and played the first two missions. but i was leaving in the morning for a trip and now i am wishing someone nearby had a 360 for my halo fix. oh well i'll finish the demo when i get home.
legofanatic209

Postby enigmabadger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I've never played a second of anything HALO in my life, but through my work with Will and BrickArms (especially the BA Forums) the past year or so, I've gotten a MAJOR eduction in all things HALO-related. That, and about two years back I become a complete and utter Red vs Blue addict. Man, I love that Caboose! ;)

For RvB fans, the new miniseries Relocated just started up. Small, simple, and just plain Griff-driving-Sarge-crazy fun!

All in all, the aesthetics of the game are interesting (especially the weaponry, armor, and a few of the vehicles), and the story strikes me as overly complicated for a third or first-person shooter. I'll be curious to read the reviews of HALO Wars once they start trickling in.
I'm laughing at the superior intellect
*Official Spokesman of BrickArms*
Flickr
enigmabadger

Postby Fantom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Jetrooper wrote:

Looks like Flight to me.

Wow, I totally forgot about flight! :x
Previously Zombie Ben
Fantom

Next

Return to BCS 2.0